FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ok guys...is this one justified?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

Did you read the article?Because he pulled out the first set of leads.
Yeah I'm sure he did. How convenient there is no evidence that can support that claim
An autopsy could relatively easily discover the amount current going through his body, actually.  Two Tasers running current through him could legitimately kill him, but there would be telltale marks, probably even internally.I'd bet he had a heart problem of some sort, that's generally the case when this happens.Again, tragic, but should the cops have put their lives on the line to subdue this guy?  I don't think so.  Again, this is the exact situation Tasers were invented for.

The toll has been paid.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 10:10pm
I vote jmac troll of teh year award.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

No, that's cool guys. Don't keep the puns going. 
Sorry whale, when Eville and Jmac are being ridiculous its hard not to take a stab at cutting them down. Saying that the police officer should be able to safely stop a man with a katana - it slices through all logic. While I realize they are not always the sharpest, but really? To say the man would have simply folded if the police officers used their clubs, is completely ignorant. Its a katana. Its not a butterfly knife, or a switchblade, its a three foot blade of solid sharpened steel. Officers are trained for a lot of things, sword fighting is not one of them. I just do not see how they can look at this and see a problem with tazing him. It's shocking. Yet they remain quite hard headed about the issue.

After that rant, I want some water, it quenches thirst you know. Wink
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 12:33am
The officers knew this guy was unbalanced.  That is why they decided to use a taser over the pistols.  Had they no information on this guy, they'd have perforated him.  There is a misconception about kevlar vests.  People think that since they can stop bullets, they should be able to stop a blade.  This is not true.  A person with a knife is a very real threat to police officers.  They can and will respond to deadly force. 

I mentioned a buddy of mine that used to be a cop in another thread.  He had to shoot a guy advancing on him with a knife.  This guy took his own son hostage with a knife at his throat.  They managed to get the boy away from him and he took off.  They pursued and had him surrounded in a parking lot behind a bar.  He wildly flailed at them with the knife.  Now, this was shortly after this department was issued pepper spray.  No tasers were available yet.  They hit this guy full in the face with (2) 2oz canisters of this stuff and it had no effect on him.  The order was to back off and give him an avenue to escape so they could try again.  Instead of taking off, he advanced on my friend and backed him into the corner of the parking lot in the corner of two buildings.  My buddy gave him several loud commands to drop the knife and get on the ground.  He came within 10 feet (way too close IMHO) before he fired two shots to they guy's chest.

Just a couple of years ago, same department a woman with a large knife advanced on two officers inside her house after they responded to a domestic violence call.  The officers backed away out of the house.  She came after them.  They backed all the way to their vehicles all the time giving her loud verbal commands to drop the knife.  When she kept coming they opened fire and stopped her.

In both of these occasions, the people were outraged that deadly force was used against someone with a knife.  They were even more incensed when the investigations by the state police and the Sheriff's department vindicated each of the officer's actions as they followed the department's policy & procedures and the use of force continuum.

Now had Mr. Katana Man survived his ordeal - he'd be thanking his lucky stars that those cops didn't react immediately with deadly force.  Those officers were well within their rights to use it. 

Edited by StormyKnight - 16 December 2009 at 12:36am
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 12:39am
BU Engineering 2012
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 12:48am
lmao!
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 3:02am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I find the whole thing shocking.

What a slice out of our liberties.

Stern Smile

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 3:07am
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

The toll has been paid.

I love that song.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 3:09am

scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 3:54am
Christ on a bike.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic