FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ok guys...is this one justified?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Jmac, please stop using up my air.

Why?
Que pasa?

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 1:41pm
^because there are much better things that air could be doing.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 1:42pm
I'm sorry I think cops shouldn't be allowed to tase a man twice. he had mental problems.
Que pasa?

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 1:42pm
Mentally ill people don't get a free pass for being mentally ill.

I will point out a previous dealing with a mentally ill man, not all that different:

Here

Given the choice between shooting at him, and hitting him with a Taser, I'd take the Taser every time.  Because that was the choice here.
BU Engineering 2012
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

I'm sorry I think cops shouldn't be allowed to tase a man twice. he had mental problems.
If a mentally unstable man is coming at you with a katana, how would you respond to that? Please do tell.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 1:45pm
Really jmac? Really? No, I'm serious....REALLY?

What were they supposed to do,produce an armored knight or a ninja to have equal force? They justifiably could have capped his arse. Crazy or not, he's an imminent danger to everyone around him. "Less leathal" means it is an alternative to deadly force. I think tasers should be used in cases where it's safe to do so as an alternative to a firearm, this is clearly one of those cases. Do you really think officers should have tried to take on a guy with a sword using a stick?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 2:06pm
Actually, I kind of like the dressing up as a knight and taking him down idea.
BU Engineering 2012
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

Actually, I kind of like the dressing up as a knight and taking him down idea.

I was just about to post that.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 3:01pm
Not justified at all. It was just a katana, it wasn't a gun.  Don't the police get clubs anymore?  That should have been more than enough to defend themselves with, especially if they used their training.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 3:17pm
Again: Baton=stick

I don't care what kind of training you have, a katana can theoretically cut a man in half and is a deadly weapon. It's not like it was a pocketknife or bic pen. This has inspired me to bust out the katana and try it on a frozen pumpkin.....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Not justified at all. It was just a katana, it wasn't a gun.  Don't the police get clubs anymore?  That should have been more than enough to defend themselves with, especially if they used their training.

Fine, next time the police have this problem, you can handle it.
BU Engineering 2012
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 3:27pm
You guys should know better by now...
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 3:28pm
My brother and I used to katana/club fight all the time.  It really isn't a big deal.  
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 3:45pm
No words.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 4:00pm

Taser=attempt to save four lives in this situation.

Firearm=saving three lives in this situation.

Baton=putting three lives at risk.

Do the math.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 4:05pm
Cops are always putting their lives at risk with everything they do.  Their lives were already at risk, therefore:

Taser=putting one life at risk

Firearm=Ending one life

Baton=saving one life

Do the math.

Edited by Eville - 15 December 2009 at 4:05pm
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 4:06pm

Cops are always putting their lives at risk with everything they do.  Their lives were already at risk, therefore:

Firearm=Ending one life

Baton=saving one life

Do the math.
Que pasa?

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Firearm=Ending one life

Baton=saving one life

Do the math.

For one, I dont see many police officiers walking around with batons much. Mind you, im in a crime ridden city.

Secondly, the guy has a katana. Approaching him within range of said katana puts you at a HUGE risk. How do you know if the guy knows how to use it? How do you know if the thing is real or a replica? You dont.

Id try to subdue the guy with a tazer every time. I'm sorry, I want to see my family again.

Finally, its relatively easy to kill someone by slugging them in the head with a baton, anyway.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 4:14pm
Here's the only real question you need to answer before it's justified: Was he resisting arrest?

If he didn't want tased, he should've dropped the sword and stopped after the first zap.

Edited by Bunkered - 15 December 2009 at 4:15pm
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 4:22pm

This is retarted, same goes for jmac.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic