Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gun Fires 5 - 10 Round Bursts.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Hobkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gun Fires 5 - 10 Round Bursts.
    Posted: 10 December 2009 at 7:36pm
Well I just bought my A-5 brand new with Response Trigger factory installed about 5 weeks ago. I have used it a total of 3 times before I started having these problems. I can shoot maybe one or two shots then it shoots 5 - 10 balls as fast as the gun can shoot. It was a cold day out if that matters? I've checked the basic internals and nothing was broken? I'm thinking a seal somewhere burst. I was curious if someone knew off hand what the problem could be?

Thanks!
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 6:58am
Are you sure it's not the response trigger working as it should?

The rate of fire adjustment is on the right side above the grip. Try turning it in gently
while firing without paint until the full auto slows down.

Good luck
Hobkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 3:06pm
No this is definitely not the response because when this happens I let off the trigger immediately and it continues to fire the 5+ shoots after i completely let off the trigger.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 10:14pm
Are you sure you checked the Internals, such as the Rear Bolt, Sear, and Sear Spring?...because any one or two of the three or all three could be worn out, especially the Sear Spring, which in time can get to the point that it is stretched so much that the Sear that it is attached to, is not catching the Rear Bolt as it Cycles back.

Also, making Adjustments to the RT is needed, each time that an RT'd Equipped Tippmann is Disassembled, Cleaned and Reassembled.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Hobkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2009 at 12:56am
I did look through the internals... Nothing should be worn down because I bought the gun BRAND NEW with this tirgger factory installed and only used it three times total so far.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2009 at 3:48am
Are you using CO2?

The cold day can def have an effect on the performance of your gun when using CO2. If you have cleaned and lubed everything else, then this can be the only solution.

1. Upgrade to HPA or...
2. Pick up an expansion chamber, which will give you limited results, or...
3. Use a remote line, whic will give you limited results.
buhju1 View Drop Down

Auf wiedersehen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buhju1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2009 at 4:29am
Is your gun clean? Something could be dirty and sticking a little. 
Hobkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2009 at 10:50am
Yea I was using co2 the day that something happened to it. It was a cold day and with the co2 I think it froze a seal and then cracked. But I can't find it, it might be in the trigger somewhere?

And yes it is very clean. When I went through checking all the internals I cleaned it all out and reshot it and it still has the same problem.
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2009 at 11:04am
Oh my. Yes, go in and find that seal. Pull the grip, safety, then take one trigger plate off and see if the oring is in there.
Hobkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2009 at 11:10am
I haven't pulled off trigger cover yet. Don't ask me why... Well I'll take a look in there.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 7:45am

Are you test firing it in controlled temperature conditions or still in the cold? How full is your tank?

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Hobkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 2:27am
It's controlled temperature conditions. And it's full tanks. If the tank is close to being empty to were the response trigger wont work then the problem stops and shoots 1 per trigger pull. But as long as the tank has enough air it will do the problem.

Ok its been a few weeks and we have now taken it to two different paintball shops. Both say they think they have fixed it and it still has the problem.

We scrubed the internal side walls with a pad and it seemed to help the problem a bit. Now it only does 2 - 4 shots per trigger pull but it still doesn't work as its supposed to.
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 2:00pm
Call Tippmann customer service, see what they say, and if necessary, and mail it to them. I am sure for the cost of shipping you would be happy to have the problem corrected.
AMZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 2:09pm
Call Tippmann. The marker is less than a month old. It's under warranty. Every time I have called them they have been able to help solve my problems. When required they even shipped me the needed part(s) under warranty at no charge (I have never had to ship my marker back to them so I'm not sure how that would work). The outstanding customer service is the main reason I continue to purchase products from Tippmann.  
Hobkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 1:35am
Ok well the marker is now near 2 months old and Tippmans "great customer service" is still not sending me any information on my warranty registration. I've waited about a month and redone it about 3 times now and still nothing. My buddy just got an a5 and the EXACT same problem just happened to his. I'm selling this as soon as I find someone that can fix it. Did we maybe get the bad ones of the bunch? Maybe, that's not the point. Terrible guns backed by terrible service. Never purchasing another Tippmann in my life and can't wait to get rid of this one.
buhju1 View Drop Down

Auf wiedersehen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buhju1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 1:38pm
Well then, might I suggest a Smart Parts Vibe or an Azodin Blitz. Both are about the same price (a little lower actually) as the A5 and both are amazing. Both run on CO2 as well. 
I have a Blitz, my brother has a Vibe. The Blitz fires faster out of the box but the Vibe is more customizable. 
FYI: The Smart Parts SP1 is the same as the Vibe but has a Milsim look.

Try the A5 without the response trigger. Provided you have the parts to make it semi-auto, it will be good once more but won't fire fast. I have a response trigger sitting in my closet because I had your problem on a 98.
Hobkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 6:15pm
Funny you say that because my Blitz comes in tommarow. I bought it about a week ago. Just got to focus on finding a way to get this Tippmann fixed and sold.

I didn't like the vibe much even with the blackheart board. I was also thinking about g3 or mini but I've heard theres not much difference in performance then them. Just bps and wieght. Little things that dont matter to me. 170 > 300

Edited by Hobkins - 03 January 2010 at 6:17pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 6:31pm
Interesting. I have had nothing but good success with Tippmann customer service. Just reading back through the post, have you adjusted the RT? You can adjust the rate of fire, sounds like you need to turn it down.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Hobkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 7:30pm

Weve adjusted the response screw out and in multi times. There's no o rings blown ...

Edited by Hobkins - 03 January 2010 at 7:39pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 7:45pm

I would take it back to one of the shops that you paid to fix it and have them look at it again. Ask them to air it up and show you that it's working.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic