FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'm 21 (ITT: Guns)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm 21 (ITT: Guns)
    Posted: 09 December 2009 at 5:00pm
So today is my birfday. Yay, 21! Now, I didn't feel the need to get smashed, so I asked myself, "Hey, how can I celebrate?"

So I visited the local pawn shop. :D

It's an FNP-9. Yeah, I know, "ewww, plastic," and "ewww, 9mm." But this really is a comfy gun. It fits me very well, is light and has all the basic features I've been looking for. Brand new, came with three 16 rd. magazines and interchangeable back straps, all for a total of $630. It was $580 plus taxes.

But why 9mm? Well, this is my first "true" handgun. My dad has a .38, and I've got black powder, but this is my first auto. I figure 9mm is a good way to get introduced to it, and 9mm comes cheap.

Can't wait to take her to the range!
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 5:20pm
My first two pistols were 9mm.  A S&W 909 (horrible first trigger pull, but comfy) and a Glock 17.  I got rid of both and now have a Glock 23 .40.  There is nothing wrong with 9mm as long as you have the right ammo.  I like the Golden Sabers, but my buddy who used to be a cop swears by the Hydrashoks.

BTW:  Happy Birthday!

Edited by StormyKnight - 09 December 2009 at 5:21pm
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 5:29pm
You could trade that for a hell of a tattoo.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Especially a self-defense tattoo!
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 5:50pm
Very nice purchase. I just recently picked up my FNP 40. I have a glock 19 9mm and wanted something new and SA/DA so that's what lead me to the FNP. It's actually a very solid piece and the composite is really nice, and it is quite comfy for a bigger hand.
impulse!! View Drop Down

Racist Comment

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 5:52pm
The only problem I have with 9mm is finding ammo right now.

Seeing you live in TX and can't open carry, do you plan on getting a CCW?
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Naw, it's no AK.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 6:04pm
I still want to shoot a handgun :(
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I still want to shoot a handgun :(
You could always defect to the US.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 6:10pm
how old do you have to be to shoot?
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 6:13pm
I still need to fix up my 1911.
Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 6:18pm
Ewww, plastic.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 6:21pm
Yes, I do intend to acquire a CHL. That was some of the motivation behind this gun. It's light and fairly compact, while still comfy for my larger hands. And here it's actually easier to find 9mm than it is .45. MUCH cheaper too. More range time was another motivator. Also, this thing has a HUGE magwell. Quickly loading a mag is a cinch.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

impulse!! View Drop Down

Racist Comment

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Yes, I do intend to acquire a CHL. That was some of the motivation behind this gun. It's light and fairly compact, while still comfy for my larger hands. And here it's actually easier to find 9mm than it is .45. MUCH cheaper too. More range time was another motivator. Also, this thing has a HUGE magwell. Quickly loading a mag is a cinch.

Its easier to find than 45 by far. But I have seen it's easier to find 40 and 357 sig right now. The next gun I want will be a pain to find ammo for.

Edited by impulse!! - 09 December 2009 at 6:30pm
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by impulse!! impulse!! wrote:

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Its easier to find than 45 by far. But I have seen it's easier to find 40 and 357 sig right now. The next gun I want will be a pain to find ammo for.

Five seveN?
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
impulse!! View Drop Down

Racist Comment

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 6:39pm
Yes.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 6:40pm
God I hated the five seven in CS. SIG P228 headshots ftw.
impulse!! View Drop Down

Racist Comment

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

God I hated the five seven in CS. SIG P228 headshots ftw.

Have you shot it in real life?
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 6:57pm
OMG COPKILLAR!
impulse!! View Drop Down

Racist Comment

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

OMG COPKILLAR!

Haha.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic