FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'm 21 (ITT: Guns)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by impulse!! impulse!! wrote:

Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

God I hated the five seven in CS. SIG P228 headshots ftw.

Have you shot it in real life?

Obviously not, else I wouldn't have made the CS reference.
impulse!! View Drop Down

Racist Comment

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 8:12pm

Touche'

I have never met more a liberal from Tenesse in my life.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 8:23pm
How many people have shot a Five Seven?  They're not exactly common.
BU Engineering 2012
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 9:55pm
Haven't shot the Five-Seven, but the P-90 is sweet IRL. 
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 10:33pm
im thinking about getting a 5.7mm upper for my AR... but thats another topic...

sweet deal on getting a pistol... DA only or DA/SA?

FN makes some nice firearms. 9mm is for girls and all but im sure you will have fun with it non the less ;)
saving the world, one warship at a time.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 10:40pm
5.7mm?  That's about the last round I've heard of people picking up.

5.45 for cheap shooting, and 4.6mm pops up occasionally, but I'm assuming you'll be paying an arm and a leg for the upper and ammo if you go 5.7.
BU Engineering 2012
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 10:55pm
Pariel, 5.7mm isn't an AR round. It's proprietary to FN, used in the Five seveN pistol and the P-90 SMG. It's a pistol round, that happens to be shaped like a rifle round. Generally deemed effective out to about 200yds, and better than most at penetrating armour.

Talon arms does make a 5.7mm upper, but it doesn't take normal AR mags, isntead the upper is set up to feed from the horizontal P90 mags.

Pretty cool actually.

"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 11:14pm

Touche'

I have never met more a liberal from Tenesse in my life.

Welcome to Memphis?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Pariel, 5.7mm isn't an AR round. It's proprietary to FN, used in the Five seveN pistol and the P-90 SMG. It's a pistol round, that happens to be shaped like a rifle round. Generally deemed effective out to about 200yds, and better than most at penetrating armour.

Talon arms does make a 5.7mm upper, but it doesn't take normal AR mags, isntead the upper is set up to feed from the horizontal P90 mags.

Pretty cool actually.

I fully understand that.

Those are all reasons I was wondering why Merc wanted an upper in that caliber.
BU Engineering 2012
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Pretty cool actually.

I fully understand that.

Those are all reasons I was wondering why Merc wanted an upper in that caliber.

Oh hell, didn't see his post. My bad.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 11:40pm
I hate you guys. I always come on here and see threads about new guns and they make me want to buy one.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

im thinking about getting a 5.7mm upper for my AR... but thats another topic...

sweet deal on getting a pistol... DA only or DA/SA?

FN makes some nice firearms. 9mm is for girls and all but im sure you will have fun with it non the less ;)

DA/SA. A few of the reasons I chose this one over the XD was that it has an external hammer and a decocker. Overall, I just like it so much better. Good size too. Also, I can change the size of the back strap to fit my hand. :D

I was originally going to get a Springfield 1911, but that gun is just not practical. But oh my God are 1911's sweet...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I still want to shoot a handgun :(

Step 1) Find a cheap flight to DC
Step 2) Link up with Shorty and me
Step 3) Go to the MGWMA range with Shorty and me
Step 4) Shoot almost EVERYTHING you've ever wanted to shoot
Step 5) Link up with me and my buddy Skip
Step 6) Go to the Quantico Club range at Quantico USMC Base
Step 7) Shoot anything that Shorty and I didn't have
Step 8) Fly back to the frozen north and start a militia now that you're obsessed with guns due to your proximity to Shorty and me.

Seriously, if you come down and give me enough notice, we can shoot machine guns, anti-tank guns, etc etc.

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 6:10pm
The FNP 9 is a good gun.

Don't listen to the people moan about 9x19mm. It is only really sucky in FMJ configuration. And just about any round, including the kill everything it sees .45ACP, sucks in terms of terminal ballistics with FMj ammo.

Modern hollowpoint ammo means the 9x19mm is up there kicking ass with the others, and you get to carry more of them, and they recoil less.

Gratz on the gats. Happy Birthday for the big day, when was it?

KBK
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I still want to shoot a handgun :(

Step 1) Find a cheap flight to DC
Step 2) Link up with Shorty and me
Step 3) Go to the MGWMA range with Shorty and me
Step 4) Shoot almost EVERYTHING you've ever wanted to shoot
Step 5) Link up with me and my buddy Skip
Step 6) Go to the Quantico Club range at Quantico USMC Base
Step 7) Shoot anything that Shorty and I didn't have
Step 8) Fly back to the frozen north and start a militia now that you're obsessed with guns due to your proximity to Shorty and me.

Seriously, if you come down and give me enough notice, we can shoot machine guns, anti-tank guns, etc etc.

I AM COMING TO DC!
Que pasa?

FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 8:57pm
I will never understand Americans and guns, but I got a few questions.

Do you buy hand guns as a sport/hobby to take to the range? or do you buy them for protection?

If you buy it for the range, what makes a gun good? Consistency? accuracy? But then why would it matter if the gun was light or small?

Do you feel guns are a good idea to carry for protection?

I am sure everyone has different opinions, but I seriously dont have a clue, I am 22 and I have seen maybe 2 hunting rifles and a shotgun once in my life, thats it.
<1 meg sig = bad>
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 11:13pm
i buy guns for both sport/hobby and protection

IMO a good range gun (plinker) is good if it is reliable and ammos cheap

yes, i feel guns are a good idea to carry for protection*. if im not travaling to, from, or on a military base i have a pistol on my hip. i keep a loaded rifle next to my bed for home defense

*IMO police are only good for paperwork, you might get lucky and have one there at the right time, but when it comes down to it you need to protect yourself first and then let the police come and write a report about it...

imagine having one of your friends stand just inside the front door with a paintball gun, imagine calling 911 (or what ever you have up there) and tell them you have an armed intruder in the house.

do you think:
A) you will have a welt and a few angry cops at the house
B) your friend will be stopped by the police

Edited by merc - 10 December 2009 at 11:13pm
saving the world, one warship at a time.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by FROG MAN FROG MAN wrote:

This is why you live in a communist country.
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

i buy guns for both sport/hobby and protection

IMO a good range gun (plinker) is good if it is reliable and ammos cheap

yes, i feel guns are a good idea to carry for protection*. if im not travaling to, from, or on a military base i have a pistol on my hip. i keep a loaded rifle next to my bed for home defense

*IMO police are only good for paperwork, you might get lucky and have one there at the right time, but when it comes down to it you need to protect yourself first and then let the police come and write a report about it...

imagine having one of your friends stand just inside the front door with a paintball gun, imagine calling 911 (or what ever you have up there) and tell them you have an armed intruder in the house.

do you think:
A) you will have a welt and a few angry cops at the house
B) your friend will be stopped by the police

do you buy into the argument that guns cause more crime/violence then they prevent? If not, do you disagree with Canada's gun control? Do you believe a country like Canada would be better off to have the same gun laws as the US?
<1 meg sig = bad>
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 1:24am
Originally posted by FROG MAN FROG MAN wrote:

Do you buy hand guns as a sport/hobby to take to the range? or do you buy them for protection?

If you buy it for the range, what makes a gun good? Consistency? accuracy? But then why would it matter if the gun was light or small?

Do you feel guns are a good idea to carry for protection?

I am sure everyone has different opinions, but I seriously dont have a clue, I am 22 and I have seen maybe 2 hunting rifles and a shotgun once in my life, thats it.

I buy guns (this may be my first handgun, but far from my first gun) as a hobby primarily. I see shooting much like I see archery. I enjoy competing against my friends and getting better.

But I also purchased this handgun with the idea of protection. I do intend on acquiring my CHL, and I'd like to carry. It's just another tool.

As for America's gun policy, I don't know. I feel because people that can hurt me and my family have easy access to weapons, I probably should as well. What does that mean? It means that if weapons were extremely controlled, both legal and not, I wouldn't feel the necessity to arm. As a firearm enthusiast, I wouldn't like that, but it's the way it is. But guns and weaponry have become so ingrained into America, for better or worse, that it is more beneficial for me to own and be trained in using firearms than it would be if I didn't. In places like Canada and the UK, where guns are extremely controlled, the necessity to arm just isn't there. However, I live in America, and, as sad as it may be, I feel it is a necessity. I figured I'd act on it while that necessity is still a right. It's just a difference of culture. It's how we are, and that's not going to change for a long while.

That being said, there are situations where having a gun just makes things worse. It's up to me to decide when and where to use it, if it ever should come to that. I believe I'm responsible enough to judge properly. Especially after CHL classes.

Edited by DeTrevni - 11 December 2009 at 1:38am
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic