Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Traveling with Markers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
panhead4411 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panhead4411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traveling with Markers?
    Posted: 05 December 2009 at 1:52pm
So, i searched with no avail...

Me and my bro are going to florida next week for vacation, and would like to take our pistols and play at a local field while we are enjoying the break from cold ohio life.

Does anybody know what is kosher in terms of air travel with paintball markers.  I only plan on bringing my Delta 68 pistol.  I plan on bringing only the marker itself, along with the holster.  I can buy paint and 12's at my destination.

I would also probly bring masks as well, don't want to get stuck with crappy rentals.

Edited by panhead4411 - 05 December 2009 at 1:53pm
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 1:54pm
google is your friend:  http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1745.shtm
IrIsHGunNeR37 View Drop Down
"Pockets"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrIsHGunNeR37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 2:11pm
I have traveled with my 98custom before.......just put it in your baggage that goes underneath the plane and let them know at the checkin when they ask whats in your bag. Just let them know you don't have any co2 tanks. That is their main concern. I have never had any problems they have always let me on. The paintball masks I just carried out with no problems. If anything just call the airport first and double check before you get all the way there and they say sorry its a no go.
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
-Ambrose Redmoon
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 2:12pm
I would definitely disassemble it as much as you can, put it in clear ziplock bags labelled 'paintball marker'.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 2:23pm
I don't even tell anyone when flying with my gun. I take only the barrel off and put it in my bag.

Maybe due to the fact it is a pistol and isn't quite as noticeably fake you should take it apart though.

Masks are a non issue. Carry on if you want with those. The only real issue is tanks. You said you're not bringing those so you're good.
Que pasa?

TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 2:36pm
Don't put a lock on your luggage, they know what markers are but will still have a look.
As Jmac said, there is no need to tell them as it is allowable.

We checked before driving to EMR one year, we were told to remove the barrel and magazine
if used, and to remove any tank or propellant device. This was to drive across state lines. Also
it would be in our best interest to notify any authorities that there are markers in the vehicle that resemble firearms. lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic