Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Important issues vs celebrities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
IrIsHGunNeR37 View Drop Down
"Pockets"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrIsHGunNeR37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Important issues vs celebrities
    Posted: 05 December 2009 at 1:36pm
IS it just me or does anyone else find it sad that with all the important issues that are being discussed regarding where our country is going, the media only really seemes to care about the fact that Tiger Woods is now facing marital problems because he screwed up.
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
-Ambrose Redmoon
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 1:41pm
I say we send Tiger Woods to sort out Darfur.

Edited by brihard - 05 December 2009 at 1:42pm
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Uncle Rudder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 6/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Rudder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

This plan is full of win. 
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by IrIsHGunNeR37 IrIsHGunNeR37 wrote:

IS it just me or does anyone else find it sad that with all the important issues that are being discussed regarding where our country is going, the media only really seemes to care about the fact that Tiger Woods is now facing marital problems because he screwed up.

Every study involving newshole and time-spent of news topics on pretty much all mediums - print, TV, Web and radio - says you are wrong.

The time spent on celebrity coverage is usually less than 10 percent annually. You can check out the data at www.StateoftheMedia.com

But hey, anecdotal evidence can be fun too. Rawr.

Edited by agentwhale007 - 05 December 2009 at 2:18pm
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 2:34pm

Racist, saying tiger woods looks like Obama!
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 5:05pm
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Uncle Rudder Uncle Rudder wrote:

This plan is full of win. 

I'd rather send his wife with a set of golf clubs. She would set them straight.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by IrIsHGunNeR37 IrIsHGunNeR37 wrote:

Every study involving newshole and time-spent of news topics on pretty much all mediums - print, TV, Web and radio - says you are wrong.

The time spent on celebrity coverage is usually less than 10 percent annually. You can check out the data at www.StateoftheMedia.com

But hey, anecdotal evidence can be fun too. Rawr.

I don't think he was attempting to make a factual attack on the media so much as he was complaining about the seemingly inordinate amount of attention to something so trivial in the long run. Sure, there's plenty of coverage on the important stuff, but you can't turn on the radio or news or even the TV guide channel lately without hearing about TW. Its annoying. 

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 5:06pm
Whale, don't look at the coverage of Climategate vs the Tiger story...

Its not even in the same ballpark...
They tremble at my name...
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

You're not going to see serious coverage about this 'climategate' thing because no matter how much they deny it, the people who SHOULD be covering it, possess as much of a level of political bias that FOX does.

If you're going to refute that, then explain to me WHY you don't see a major find in one of the greatest debates of our time plastered all over the pages?

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

You're not going to see serious coverage about this 'climategate' thing because no matter how much they deny it, the people who SHOULD be covering it, possess as much of a level of political bias that FOX does.

If you're going to refute that, then explain to me WHY you don't see a major find in one of the greatest debates of our time plastered all over the pages?

Because it isn't a major find?
Que pasa?

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

It really is.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 8:50pm

I beg to differ. Even if it turns out to be untrue, its a pretty big claim to make that a huge amount of 'evidence' in support of man-made global warming is a sham. It IS a big story.....at least, it SHOULD be.

Edited by Reb Cpl - 06 December 2009 at 8:52pm

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 9:07pm
I agree with Reb
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 9:11pm
Maybe when I read something that actually matters I'll think it is a major find.
Que pasa?

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 9:15pm

Maybe when I read something that actually matters I'll think it is a major find.

Do you argue with me for no other reason than to argue?

The entire point I'm trying to make is that you AREN'T going to find 'something that matters' because its not being covered as thoroughly as it should be. (IMO) Do a little digging on your own and you'll see that this is a big deal, hoax, truth, or something in between. 

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 9:16pm
...I am not arguing with you.

I refuse to read about it because everything I have seen about it has been filled with ridiculous nonsense that makes me not want to read it.
Que pasa?

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 9:23pm

...I am not arguing with you.

I refuse to read about it because everything I have seen about it has been filled with ridiculous nonsense that makes me not want to read it.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 9:27pm
Basically Sneaky.

It has nothing to do with the emails themselves, and everything to do with people who are writing about it.
Que pasa?

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 6:59am

Basically Sneaky.

It has nothing to do with the emails themselves, and everything to do with people who are writing about it.

With all due respect, please correct me if I'm wrong but-

You just openly said that you're ignoring the issue because you don't like the people that are writing about it. So, that means if someone you DO like started covering it, then you'd pay attention?

The problem with that is, you don't get balanced information. The issue at hand is being covered {or not covered} by certain outlets because of what's beginning to look like an honest to goodness bias- a bias that you're willingly buying into.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic