FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Important issues vs celebrities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Basically Sneaky.

It has nothing to do with the emails themselves, and everything to do with people who are writing about it.

With all due respect, please correct me if I'm wrong but-

You just openly said that you're ignoring the issue because you don't like the people that are writing about it. So, that means if someone you DO like started covering it, then you'd pay attention?

The problem with that is, you don't get balanced information. The issue at hand is being covered {or not covered} by certain outlets because of what's beginning to look like an honest to goodness bias- a bias that you're willingly buying into.

Nonono. Reading that wrong.

It's the way the stuff currently written is, well, written. It has nothing to do with actual source of articles. Like let's put it in terms of "mainstream" media. I will read/watch stuff on Fox news if it isn't written by someone who wears tinfoil hats. It's not like I am waiting for it to be on other news stations and then I will be like "OH LOOK IT'S ON CNN? Must watch!"
Que pasa?

scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

I say we send Tiger Woods to sort out Darfur.

Racist, saying tiger woods looks like Obama!

This is why he won the election. Half of americans thought it was him.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 1:57pm
They tremble at my name...
IrIsHGunNeR37 View Drop Down
"Pockets"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrIsHGunNeR37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 2:39pm
Aside from even the climategate not having much coverage.........how about the health care issue being debated about and 30,000 more troops being sent to Iraq. We see these sort of issues that effect and make a major difference for everyone put off in smaller captions below what others seem to view as major and important headlines. Like reb said in one the previus posts. My idea was not to say that the media cares only about the personal ordeals of celebs as opposed to major issues. Just the fact that is Tiger Woods screwing other women aside from his wife really going to effect everyone else. NO its not. So to make a long story short who gives a crap about what celebs are doing with their personal lives. Lets get the inordinate amounts of trival bs that dosent matter off of major headlines and focus on something that has a more long term effect and intrinsic value.
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
-Ambrose Redmoon
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 2:48pm

I pretty much figured that the "couple" that party crashed the Obama dinner was sent by the white house to focus attention away from climategate, and healthcare...

Especially when the white house wouldn't send their person to congress when requested... Why hide for something like this unless it was

wag the dog

Should have just waited for Tigergate...
They tremble at my name...
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

I pretty much figured that the "couple" that party crashed the Obama dinner was sent by the white house to focus attention away from climategate, and healthcare...

Especially when the white house wouldn't send their person to congress when requested... Why hide for something like this unless it was

wag the dog

You would believe that.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

wag the dog

You never cease to amaze me.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic