FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Executive Pay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Executive Pay
    Posted: 05 December 2009 at 12:54pm
I find it interesting that Congress sees fit to question executive pay of corperations, but yet have no problem supporting thier pay, perks, and kickbacks. Having more millionaires in Congress than ever before there is a serious disconnect, and there can be no inquirees into how they aquired thier millions.

Pelosi for example made her money in oil futures, but now rallies against the industry that made her millions. The I got mine and will ensure you don't get yours attitude of these individuals needs to be looked at.

It does appear that the state is trying to take over private enterprise, first GM, next the medical care industry, where will it stop.

http://my.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20091205/03af6cde-b9fa-410e-97a2-27d9016befb4

BTW I cut up my AARP card, for it is not as advertised as a organization seeking the best for the elderly (supporting ObamaCare and cutting Medicare is not supporting the aged), it is just another left leaning political action group. How can an organization 'fighting' for the aged, support cutting an exsisting program for the aged, and support another program that will mean more costs and potentially less available services for the aged?
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 2:40pm
"The annual salary of each Representative is currently $165,200"
Que pasa?

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

"The annual salary of each Representative is currently $165,200"

So?
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 2:48pm
"but yet have no problem supporting thier pay, perks, and kickbacks. Having more millionaires in Congress than ever before there is a serious disconnect, and there can be no inquirees into how they aquired thier millions."

He acts as if their salary is 1 million dollars.
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 2:49pm
And you actually believe that is all they get in the face of lobbist's and kickbacks? Please............There is a reason these people gravitate towards government work, when they could make 'more' in the private sector. Or are they incompetant to be in the private sector, and government is the only place they can operate. Spending millions to get elected to a $165,000 a year job is a little bit questionable to most.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 3:09pm
When an executive can run a business into the ground and still make $100,000,000+, there is a problem. Something has to happen, and government intervention may be the only way.

Edited by Bunkered - 05 December 2009 at 3:10pm
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

And you actually believe that is all they get in the face of lobbist's and kickbacks? Please............There is a reason these people gravitate towards government work, when they could make 'more' in the private sector. Or are they incompetant to be in the private sector, and government is the only place they can operate. Spending millions to get elected to a $165,000 a year job is a little bit questionable to most.

Does it matter?

You are talking about them limiting pay while raising their own. They make a relatively low salary.
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 3:12pm
So since the Congress is running the country into the ground and still getting paid, should the same rules apply. Your grandchildren are getting saddled with the debt this congress is compounding at record rates. If the congress were CEO's they would have been sacked by now.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 3:12pm
Congress isn't running this country into the ground
Que pasa?

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 3:13pm
And it isn't a business.

Also, aren't most congressmen already rich before they enter office?

Edited by High Voltage - 05 December 2009 at 3:15pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 3:31pm

Please explain the debt rising at the rate is is and the potential of added debt/higher taxes if this health care fiasco passes. In 11months the debt rate has risen to heights surpassing the total debt from the formation of the nation. Congress is incapable of actually running a bussiness, and only can keep going based on the confiscation by force (IRS) of money from the citizen. When your checkbook is empty can you continue to write checks legally? It appears congress can and will continue till the people finally have had enough.

And please explain to your grandchildren as they pay excessive tax rates to pay for this current follie that you felt good about what caused this to happen to them. Instant gratifacation at the expense of future generations.

And yes most in Congress are the class(rich)they demonize once they get into office. Again the "I got mine, and I will ensure you don't get yours" mentality of the Current Congress.

Edited by oldsoldier - 05 December 2009 at 3:39pm
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 3:40pm

Please explain the debt rising at the rate is is and the potential of added debt/higher taxes if this health care fiasco passes.

For one I don't actually care to read about whatever the healthcare bill is. Either way even if what you say is true about it raising debt, I put a couple words in red.

In 11months the debt rate has risen to heights surpassing the total debt from the formation of the nation What a stupid thing to say like it matters.

Congress is incapable of actually running a bussiness, and only can keep going based on the confiscation by force (IRS) of money from the citizen Oh you mean taxes? Like the taxes we have had all along.

When your checkbook is empty can you continue to write checks legally? It appears congress can and will continue till the people finally have had enough.

I would like to see your complaints if the completely stopped all spending and you were left to see no schools, roads, roadsigns, and your VA care.

And please explain to your grandchildren as they pay excessive tax rates to pay for this current follie that you felt good about what caused this to happen to them. Instant gratifacation at the expense of future generations

I don't know much about tax rates, but I know I have read Peter state on numerous occasions that percentage of tax now is lower than the past.
Que pasa?

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 11:46pm

If Congress isn't doing it, who is?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 11:54pm

Please explain the debt rising at the rate is is and the potential of added debt/higher taxes if this health care fiasco passes.

For one I don't actually care to read about whatever the healthcare bill is. Either way even if what you say is true about it raising debt, I put a couple words in red.

In 11months the debt rate has risen to heights surpassing the total debt from the formation of the nation What a stupid thing to say like it matters.
Translation:  I lack the capacity to intelligently debate the above point and dismiss it as being stupid and irrelevant.
Congress is incapable of actually running a bussiness, and only can keep going based on the confiscation by force (IRS) of money from the citizen Oh you mean taxes? Like the taxes we have had all along.

When your checkbook is empty can you continue to write checks legally? It appears congress can and will continue till the people finally have had enough.

I would like to see your complaints if the completely stopped all spending and you were left to see no schools, roads, roadsigns, and your VA care.

I believe he is talking about taxes above and beyond what is necessary to keep a strong national defense, education and infrastructure, which I doubt anyone has any problem paying.

And please explain to your grandchildren as they pay excessive tax rates to pay for this current follie that you felt good about what caused this to happen to them. Instant gratifacation at the expense of future generations

I don't know much about tax rates, but I know I have read Peter state on numerous occasions that percentage of tax now is lower than the past.
For now.  Wait for the Bush tax cuts to evaporate at year's end.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 12:29am

Pelosi for example made her money in oil futures, but now rallies against the industry that made her millions. The I got mine and will ensure you don't get yours attitude of these individuals needs to be looked at.

Couldn't this be seen more as legitimizing her current work rather than greed?

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 2:36am
The stock market is the root issue, not the executives.

Having a major part of our economy derived from what is essentially a game of smoke and mirrors has never been a good idea.

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

BUSH IS!!!!111one1!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

BUSH IS!!!!111one1!!
Of course.  Makes sense now.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 6:16pm
Who says the country is running into the ground? 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Who says the country is running into the ground? 
Obviously Oldsoldier and Jmac.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic