FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dilemma

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 9:44pm
Love how you guys say "ritual" like its some sort of animal sacrifice for something. lul.
Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 9:48pm
Hardcore non-believers don't play in orchestras.
/thread
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 10:09pm
A gig is a gig man, would you not play at a jewish wedding or something? Yeah you have to listen to them drivel about jesus for hours, but your role isn't any different, and it's hardly the worst thing you could have to listen to while you wait.

I say play it, and I'm a firm athiest, a gig is a gig.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

A gig is a gig man, would you not play at a jewish wedding or something? Yeah you have to listen to them drivel about jesus for hours, but your role isn't any different, and it's hardly the worst thing you could have to listen to while you wait.

I say play it, and I'm a firm athiest, a gig is a gig.

See above posts.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 10:35pm
Out of curiosity, would you play at Mardi Gras?
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Love how you guys say "ritual" like its some sort of animal sacrifice for something. lul.
What is the difference?

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 11:11pm
They dont?
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Out of curiosity, would you play at Mardi Gras?

I didn't get paid for tonight, and tonight was a straight up ritual. I joined to play music for the sake of playing music with no other reasons attached. This is a school club.

I'll play for religious groups and whatever if I have incentive to be there. I've been paid for a religious gig before, it's no big deal to me. But I have no desire to volunteer for it, and it's especially bad that they lied to me to get me into the situation. If I support a group I don't care for, they'd better be supporting me. That's the way I work.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 11:49pm
I probably would not have played the gig. Not because I am anti-christian (altho I'm not a huge fan of religion) but I just think, if they are there to worship their god, let them do so. If you really did not want to be there, you should not have gone. Music is about enjoying what you are doing, if you have 0 interest in their rituals and you are not going to enjoy yourself, don't go.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 11:52pm
I changed my mind, dont go and dont play.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 11:52pm
You didn't make a commitment to playing the church service. You made a commitment to the band. The band made the commitment to the service. Especially in a large band setting, you aren't going to have the entire musical group of like mind 100% of the time. And you're gonna play gigs that you didn't want to play.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

You didn't make a commitment to playing the church service. You made a commitment to the band. The band made the commitment to the service. Especially in a large band setting, you aren't going to have the entire musical group of like mind 100% of the time. And you're gonna play gigs that you didn't want to play.

Our bylaws don't require us to go to any performances. We're in it for fun, to require participation is against everyone's beliefs.

It is a school club, btw. Not something we do for compensation.
Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 12:13am
That wierd feeling you get  from playing during the rituals is JESUS TALKING TO YOU.

Edited by Koolit32 - 04 December 2009 at 12:14am
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 10:11pm

They dont?
"Theologically speaking, the world has been going downhill ever since man first offered entrails to the gods"

*Name the quote

What makes your ritual worship better or different than another religion that offers animals as part of its worship?

Edited by mbro - 04 December 2009 at 10:11pm

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 10:15pm
We don't kill animals.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 10:28pm
put games on your phone.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 10:28pm

We don't kill animals.
Your god is'nt worthy of killing animals?
(I already know why christians don't do animal sacrifice, I just like playing devil's advocate)
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
impulse!! View Drop Down

Racist Comment

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 10:58pm
I would bail
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 11:00pm

We don't kill animals.
Why is that better than what their god desires?

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 6:04am
Oh good, this has turned into another "Christians are Dumb" thread. I was wondering how long it would take. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic