FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2011 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2011 Mustang
    Posted: 30 November 2009 at 3:49pm
Ford finally put a decent engine in the base model.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 4:00pm
I laughed when I saw the actual city gas mileage is 1 mpg under what my car gets.
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 4:21pm
Being (possibly) the biggest Ford guy on here, I'm damn happy to see Ford look at the base model as more than just the cheap alternative. I'd still never buy a V6 Mustang, as tempting as this one is, but at least now it has some balls. I'm excited to hear about the 2011 GT 5.0, as soon as I hear the price I might go down and order one.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 4:31pm
Too bad mustangs don't like to go around corners. Their power is fine, but my '96 Camaro handles infinitely better than my mom's brand new mustang.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Too bad mustangs don't like to go around corners. Their power is fine, but my '96 Camaro handles infinitely better than my mom's brand new mustang.

Keeping the live rear axle was my biggest disappointment but from what I hear the Track Pack does a pretty good job. Then again cornering wasn't what the Mustang was made for...
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 5:08pm

True. My 78 can proly roll in the corners with your 96 though.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Bounty Bounty wrote:

Being (possibly) the biggest Ford guy on here, I'm damn happy to see Ford look at the base model as more than just the cheap alternative. I'd still never buy a V6 Mustang, as tempting as this one is, but at least now it has some balls. I'm excited to hear about the 2011 GT 5.0, as soon as I hear the price I might go down and order one.

Is the 5.0 a go? I thought it was a rumor still.

Anyway, I really hope it has the 5.0 badging from the Foxbodies (my truck came with one, i love it), and also has a displacement of 302 cubic inches.

I know that it wont have anything to do with the original 302's, but Id be happy at the very least if it converted over to displacement of 302 and not 307 or whatever.
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 5:55pm
This actually makes me want a new Mustang.
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 6:02pm
Not confirmed but everyone expects it. There was some post on the mustang source forum from someone named 'the insider' about the 2011's specs and they were pretty accurate with the V6 information they gave.

Id like to see the 302 but all I know from rumors is a 4v 5.0L pushing out 400hp+ and apparently the revival of the BOSS in 2012.

Here's what was leaked:

3.7L V6 to be rated at 315 horsepower: Same as 2010 GT; 15 hp more than Camaro V6
No immediate plans for EcoBoost V6 Mustang due to small horsepower gap between EcoBoost and 5.0L V8 (365 vs 400)
2011 Mustang GT to be rated at 400 horsepower, will get increase in 2012
2011 Mustang GT to get 6-speed transmission and variable valve timing
2011 Mustang GT Track Pack to include Brembo brakes
2011 Mustang GT 5.0L V8, 6-speed, track pack, Brembo brakes ran even with 414-hp BMW M3, which is 200 lbs lighter, at GingerMan Raceway in South Haven, Michigan
2011 Shelby GT500 to get Aluminum Block
Next special edition: 2012 Boss
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 6:03pm
I'd still like to get one of the base V-6 Camaros.  I just don't think the wife would tolerate me having another toy, much less an object that would diminish any attention due her instead.
Uncle Rudder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 6/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Rudder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 6:45pm
It's aboot time!  Damn, my mother's 2002 Toyota Sienna can put out 210 hp with it's 3.0L, the 4.0L mustang should be able to put out way more.  Now the mustang will rightfully take it's place as a "sports car" in my mind.  Prior to now whenever the mustang was mentioned the immediate thought in my head was "We talking V6 or V8?" The V6 is more of a 'Hey look I own a mustang' and not the "Hey, my car is actually a sports car" that you get with the V8.

I hope it holds true that the V8 is going to see a big performance boost.  It currently is way behind the Camaro (with respect to power and the price of that power).

I've been interested in the Subaru-Toyota joint project, it hold serious potential.  I'm dying to know some fact and not just rumors. 

KMPSGT1066 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMPSGT1066 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 6:58pm

May I ask what brand new mustang your mom has?
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 7:12pm
Wait, males buy/drive Mustangs where you all live?

Here, they are the preferred girl-car of choice.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I'm convinced V6 automatic mustangs should just come with makeup kits in the glove compartment. The only guys that drive them are high schoolers trying to impress girls. The V8s still haul though.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 8:11pm

i consider them a girl car. you see them everywhere, its ridiculous. and the guys that do drive them think they are driving the coolest thing in the world
IrIsHGunNeR37 View Drop Down
"Pockets"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrIsHGunNeR37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 9:40pm
Being more in favor of Chevy and GM vehicles I must say I am rather interested into see how the new Mustang works out. Sounds pretty sweet from what it reads so far.
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
-Ambrose Redmoon
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by slackerr26 slackerr26 wrote:

i consider them a girl car. you see them everywhere, its ridiculous. and the guys that do drive them think they are driving the coolest thing in the world

Meh. V6 autos are the
"im going through a midlife crisis"
"when I was young these were new"
"OMG LEIK I GOT A NEW CAR OMG I NEED HEADLITE FLOOID?"
cars
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 11:20pm
Hah. I'd drive a V6 Automatic just because I like the car. I don't need the V8, nor do I want the insurance premiums that will come with it. I think the new Mustang looks damn good.

Around here the girl car of choice is just about anything made by Volkswagen and the newer Honda Civic...
Uncle Rudder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 6/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Rudder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2009 at 1:45pm
I think the Pontiac Sunfire has to be THE girl-car, if I had to pick just one. 
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2009 at 1:55pm
Sunflowers and the like are also girly cars.

Meh.. I wouldnt mind one of the upcoming V6's, but not one of the 200hp 4 liter V6's.

Slrsy, thats just dissapointing. For the price of a new car, Id rather just buy a new GT and be happy with it, rather than always have the "I wish i bought a GT" feeling.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic