FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Four police ambushed, murdered in WA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Uncle Rudder Uncle Rudder wrote:

So this person go from human to non-human?  What form of non-human does this guy take?  Dog? Statue?  Action-figure?

Claymation figurine.

Edit:  Think "Mr. Bill."

Edited by Mack - 03 December 2009 at 12:42am
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 12:44am
You don't have to view people who litter as your equal, either. Or people who don't pay their taxes. Or alcoholics. Or homeless people. Or women. Or black people.

Flurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 2:18am
LE / EMS / Fire are all normal people who are willing to give back to society.  People who work at gas stations, cafes, road crews, and almost every other walk of life are also willing to give back to society.  Child rapests, killers "of ALL of the above named people"....Major crimes "Not LITTERING" are not equal to the above named people.  NOT just LE, EMS, FIRE. 
I am not saying that they are not people.  They are people and deserve a trial.  If they shoot people, gas station worker, cop...anyone.  Now if the killers refuse to come in nice like, what are we supposed to do?  Blow them kisses as they run out the back door shooting at us?  The reason so many cop killers don't make it to trial is because they choose their own fate.  They choose to use deadly force toward us and society.  Or they choose to put an end to their own worthless lives. 
And of all life is equal...if one person murders a normal person, should his life not also end?  Or is the victim's life somehow worth less than that of the killer?  Where did the killer's life gain such worth?  in this case the killer's life is equal to 4?...not to mention all or the unhappyness of ALL of the other poor people's lives he has touched.  Where is the balance in that?  Keep in mind that we are naming murders and rapeists....not people who J walk, drink, choose to not pay taxes, or do any other NON violent crimes.
It sucks being antisocial alone.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 2:29am
Originally posted by Flurry Flurry wrote:

LE / EMS / Fire are all normal people who are willing to give back to society.  People who work at gas stations, cafes, road crews, and almost every other walk of life are also willing to give back to society.  Child rapests, killers "of ALL of the above named people"....Major crimes "Not LITTERING" are not equal to the above named people.  NOT just LE, EMS, FIRE. 
I am not saying that they are not people.  They are people and deserve a trial.  If they shoot people, gas station worker, cop...anyone.  Now if the killers refuse to come in nice like, what are we supposed to do?  Blow them kisses as they run out the back door shooting at us?  The reason so many cop killers don't make it to trial is because they choose their own fate.  They choose to use deadly force toward us and society.  Or they choose to put an end to their own worthless lives. 
And of all life is equal...if one person murders a normal person, should his life not also end?  Or is the victim's life somehow worth less than that of the killer?  Where did the killer's life gain such worth?  in this case the killer's life is equal to 4?...not to mention all or the unhappyness of ALL of the other poor people's lives he has touched.  Where is the balance in that?  Keep in mind that we are naming murders and rapeists....not people who J walk, drink, choose to not pay taxes, or do any other NON violent crimes.

To answer those questions, in order, no, no and it hasn't. I just don't see the logic in someone claiming killing a person is wrong, therefore killing the person responsible is right. Either killing is wrong or it isn't, enough of this grey area crap. Talk about your selective morality.
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 3:13am
Despite your presumptions about the motives for the "cop killers" being killed, they shot Clemmons because he made threatening gestures such as reaching for his waistline when asked to "show his hands" by the officer. And what do you know, they found one of the slain police officers guns on him. These men were shot because they, as flurry stated, chose their own fate by doing what they did instead of obeying the police officers commands. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 8:36am
And another person misses the point of my post. I'll clarify, I was speaking about the death penalty, not a standoff with cops. You'll notice I didn't bold anything in his post that was talking about the topic.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 9:32am
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

In b4 "Nice job Governor Mike Huckabee"

Somewhat relevant.
Flurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 11:59am

HV, I see what you're saying.  And I was pushing the argument of "when do the rights of the victim become less important than those of the suspect..."Convicted suspect."  I am all for the courts giving life sentances with no parole.  But as you stated....that all means nothing when someone will just overturn the sentance.  I don't know about you..but I will not be voting fot Huckabee in 2012

Huckabee is an idiot.  The courts gave the sentance to be served.  16 or not, the court issued that sentance.  Courts don't throw around that kinda time for stealing a puppy from the pet store.  I understand that he recieves all kinds of mail and paperwork reguarding these kinds of things, but comeon.  108 years can be knocked down to 11.  These people are in jail for a reason.  They have been convicted and sentanced...Let them serve it. 
It sucks being antisocial alone.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 4:07am
Originally posted by Flurry Flurry wrote:

LE / EMS / Fire are all normal people who are willing to give back to society.  People who work at gas stations, cafes, road crews, and almost every other walk of life are also willing to give back to society. 

Ah, I have to call BS on this. People who work at gas stations, cafes, road crews and almost every other walk of life are willing to work for reward to improve their own standings, not that of society at large.

Most people who work in jobs do so to earn money, and many of those are doing those jobs because they are all they can get. Honestly, you don't often find people capable of getting PHD's and solving world hunger working pumping gas or running a cash register for a living.

People who do put their lives on the line to protect the lives of complete strangers, are giving back to society.

Many many people profess that they "want to give back to society", but they never get off their fat asses to actually do something about it.

Those that do actually make that step from talking about it to doing it should be rewarded for what they do. While there isn't very much one can do about the monetary side of things, you can always offer other incentives. Something like increased punishments for those who do assault or injure them is one way of rewarding them.

Am I biased because I am one? Hell yes. You'd be biased as well when you get to work and you have to strap on body armour and a pistol as basic items to do your job. Knowing the batton, pepper spray and cuffs on your belt will probably be used to protect people who are the ones in the street mouthing off about killing pigs and disrespecting the law, until it happens to them, then you should have been there faster and better.

Everyone being equal is right. Unless you are a suspect, or worse a proven criminal, then all claims of equality are off. Honestly, if you can't follow the basic laws and rules of society, you shouldn't be allowed to complain when the law comes down on you. However a suspected criminal will still receive life saving and protection services from LEOs, medics and firefighters, unless they are actively endangering lives. Thus they are all equal.

I'm not advocating vigilante justice, I'm simply saying that cops, fire fighters and life savers ARE more valuable than the common man. Why? Because there are so few of them, because they do risk their lives for strangers. With all those others you mentioned, gas attendants, waiters, even road crews, when lives need saving/protecting/risking, they call the LEO/Firefighters/Paramedics.

A cop represents the state, regardless of politics. Killing them IS directly attacking the state. ["State" might be the wrong word, I can't think of anything better though.] But cops are the visible incarnation if you will, of the law. Breaking the law is bad, M'kay? But killing the icons of the law is worse. These men were not killed "because", they were killed because they were representatives of the law. Saying "I'm gonna go kill some pigs, watch the news" shows they were singled out because they were in uniform.

Some people keep saying things like "cop killers don't often get to trial", and this isn't because of vigilante justice, it's because most people hesitate when a cop confronts them. Even if it is for a split second, the figure of authority DOES give most people pause. In a case like this one, the badguys have proven they are willing to kill police. Confronted with the knowledge that this guy is likely to kill you given the chance, instructions are to be followed to the letter. Anything else can get you killed.

In most cases I know of (and remember I'm talking about South Africa here, not the States) you'd STILL need to wait for a visible weapon before perforating the badguy.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 9:14am
So are doctors, engineers, and people who help old ladies cross the street somehow less important?

Everyone has a role in society.  I don't see any reason for cops, firefighters, or paramedics to be in some special category above the rest.  Yes, you perform a needed service.  So do bank tellers.

Again, this guy wasn't attempting to make a political point.  He was attempting to make the news (and he obviously succeeded).
BU Engineering 2012
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 10:55am
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

So are doctors, engineers, and people who help old ladies cross the street somehow less important?

Yes.

Actually, everyone is less important than me.*

*Being a sociopath makes everything so clear.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic