Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best barrel for X7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nate_X7phenom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nate_X7phenom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best barrel for X7
    Posted: 27 November 2009 at 3:53pm
I have just purchased a New Tippmann X7 Phenom. I love the gun. I have also purchased the X36 (G36), upgrade parts to make it look like a G36c assault rifle. I am now wanting to purchase a barrel and I am finding myself caught between a few different barrels. I am between the very popular Tippmann Flatline Barrel, the New Tippmann Straightline Barrel, and the Apex barrel. So if someone could please tell me which the best barrel would be for my gun would be, please tell me ASAP. Btw, for my gun, I am looking for distance AND accuracy. So please give me all the information you would like to add about the barrels please. If there is a different barrel that someone thinks would be better for my gun, please say so. I am open and accepting all comments and information, thank u very much!
Nathan Lambert
KMPSGT1066 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMPSGT1066 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 4:54pm
I put a 12'' J&J Ceramic on my X7 Phenom and it wasn't what I was lookin for. So I bought a 14'' Freak Jr the other day and let me tell you I made some shots yesterday that I shouldn't have even been trying for but it reached out and got em. Needless to say I am very impressed with the Jr barrel
Nate_X7phenom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nate_X7phenom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 6:20pm
Okay, thank you very much! Where can i purchase a Freak JR barrel for my X7 Phenom? price?
Nathan Lambert
KMPSGT1066 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMPSGT1066 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 6:50pm
Found mine at our local Gander Mountain.. it was 40 bucks there
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 11:38pm
My first X7 upgrade was a J&J 14" ceramic barrel. Nice barrel for the price ($35). Then I droped the coin for the Hammerhead BattleStixx.($150) In my opinion the best all around barrel. This thing is freaky accurate. Again, my opinion.
Tippmann X7
E-Grip W/Rampage
Hammerhead Battle Stixx
Cyclone Upgrades
GTracy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 8:45pm
I have been playing for about ten years and recently bought an X7 Phenom with eletric grip and one that is straight mechanical. Along with the purchase I purchased a Hammaerhead Sharktooth and a Widowmaker barrel. After playing for about three months with these guns I must conclude that the fin system with the Hammerhead barrels are not as accurate as the stock barrel. It all comes down to sizing. Sure the sleeve (Fin) matched the paint but the barrel itself didn't so the rifling in the barrel was very inconsistant. 2 balls in the same spot like driving tacks and 3 -5 balls in la la land. The stock barrel at least puts the paint in the same general area. Reading other reviews it seems like the ultimate setup would be complete custom riled barrels to each and every size of paint. If you win the Lotto or you own a machine shop this would be an option but for us average "PO Folk" I think I'm going for an E-Pipe. I was looking at a Freak but it seems like it's really fragile.
Arson24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arson24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2011 at 2:56pm
please watch the dates

MY TIPPMANN COLLECTION
burgerm3 View Drop Down

spamqueen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burgerm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 9:38am
-deleted-advertising-

Edited by pepprdog - 21 November 2011 at 11:24am
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 9:52am
Are really bumping 5 month old threads to advertise now? Reported.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic