Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What barrels can the Apex tip fit on???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mdee4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What barrels can the Apex tip fit on???
    Posted: 27 November 2009 at 1:14pm
I want to buy an apex barrel! I'd like the bt m16 apex barrel kit but it's a little expensive. I heard you can take the Apex tip(Circular thing at end of barrel) off barrel and put the tip on different better barrels? Is this true?
What barrels can the Apex tip thing connect too? Which barrel is the best to use with Apex tip?

Sorry, I'm new to paintball!
Any info appreciated!!

Thanks
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2009 at 6:42am
Go to LapcoPaintball.com and click on Barrels, then click on Apex Ready Barrels.

Also look into Rap4.com, they have 7/8" Threaded Tipped Barrel for the Apex Tip, but an Adapter is required, in which the store also carries as well.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
mdee4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2009 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

Go to LapcoPaintball.com and click on Barrels, then click on Apex Ready Barrels.

Also look into Rap4.com, they have 7/8" Threaded Tipped Barrel for the Apex Tip, but an Adapter is required, in which the store also carries as well.

Which would you say  is a better barrel to use with the Apex, Lapco or Rap4? Why?
Tippman a5
Response Trigger
Double Trigger
Rap4 AK47 Expansion Chamber
13.5" JCS Barrel
Is this good??
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2009 at 10:38pm
I have both Brands of Barrels.

The Rap4 Raptor Barrel is a Decent Barrel for what it is priced at and the accuracy is fairly decent and I have the Raptor Barrel on both my A5 and ABT.

The Lapco Big Shot is the Best Barrel I have and when Accuracy becomes a Matter to me, I use the Big Shot.

But, heres the thing about using the Apex on the Big Shot or on any Barrel, the expected accuracy of the barrel is totally lost and this is because of the Ramp inside of the Apex, in which the Ball if forced into a Back Spin motion and as the ball travels down range, a small gust of wind can cause the ball to veer away from its intended target at long ranges, which is the same case with the Flatline.

Edited by evil_fingers - 01 December 2009 at 10:43pm
mdee4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 10:34pm
OK, so  I guess I'll get a Lapco barrel then. 
Will the bt m16 barrel shroud fit onto the Lapco Big Shot barrel???
Do I need to buy an adapter for the Big Shot barrel to use Apex with it?
Tippman a5
Response Trigger
Double Trigger
Rap4 AK47 Expansion Chamber
13.5" JCS Barrel
Is this good??
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 11:27pm
I suggest you look for another Handguard for the Big Shot, and there are a couple of reasons why.

1. The Inner Diameter of the Ring on the Front Sight is measured at 7/8" and the Outer Diameter of both ends of the Big Shot is 1".

2. The Inner Diameter of the Front End Cap of the Handguard is also 7/8".

Edited by evil_fingers - 03 December 2009 at 11:34pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 9:12am
I believe you can dremel the handguard and front site to fit. Check Opsgear though, they make some handguards designed for 1" barrels.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic