FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cars <3 Merc V10.2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cars <3 Merc V10.2
    Posted: 23 November 2009 at 10:32pm
so my car flooded last week and my insurance company sucks (USAA)

they are extremely difficult to deal with that wont pay anything. they also dont look at your car, i have to do all the leg work and then send them the info from the mechanics and then fight with them...

anyways it took them a week and a half to come out and look at my car and dident want to hear the possibility of any electrical or mechanical problems (car was parked)

so its been stalling and having trouble starting and today it wouldent start... so i held the key and gave it gas and after about 10 seconds it started.... then all my oil disappeared... yay

i have killed yet another one :( 4 cars owned 3 left on flat beds and the 4th is on a stretcher :(
saving the world, one warship at a time.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 10:35pm
Suck less?
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 10:38pm
engines most likely hydrolocked
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 10:40pm
thats what i figured but now i have to deal with the insurance company... geico is like twice as expensive as USAA but the service is great and they do things fast
Uncle Rudder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 6/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Rudder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 10:41pm
If it was hydrolocked I don't think it would have the stalling problem
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 10:44pm
i think it probably had some water in the cylinders and when i started the car the day after the flood it probably blew the head gasket... now its draining coolant into the cylinders... and oil someplace...
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 10:45pm
170,000 miles, still goin strong. Needs a bath tho.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 10:51pm
if its a 3800 want to buy a supercharger and some heads?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

if its a 3800 want to buy a supercharger and some heads?
PM prices?

Forum Vice President
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 10:56pm

1997, havent hit 100k miles yet!

are the heads for a v6?

Edited by slackerr26 - 23 November 2009 at 10:59pm
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 11:22pm
yes... 3800 is a V6
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 11:54pm
Merc, just knuckle down and buy a pickup buddy! You'd look good in one.

My suggestion:
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 6:50am
i know a 3800 is a v6. my mom has one in her camaro. i was just curious
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 11:13am
I have a solution to your problems: stop buying GM!
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 11:47am

they are extremely difficult to deal with that wont pay anything. they also dont look at your car, i have to do all the leg work and then send them the info from the mechanics and then fight with them...

anyways it took them a week and a half to come out and look at my car and dident want to hear the possibility of any electrical or mechanical problems (car was parked)

so its been stalling and having trouble starting and today it wouldent start... so i held the key and gave it gas and after about 10 seconds it started.... then all my oil disappeared... yay

i have killed yet another one :( 4 cars owned 3 left on flat beds and the 4th is on a stretcher :(

so, you park your final car in a flood plane, and yet it is USAA's fault?

Please go to a different carrier, people like you mean I get less back each year at Christmas.

(3 left on flat beds because you wrecked them... Yeah, your "insurance" is to blame)...

here is a tip. Drive better, and don't park where your car can flood...

They tremble at my name...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 11:50am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

I have a solution to your problems: stop buying GM!
oh no you didnt
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 11:54am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Please go to a different carrier, people like you mean I get less back each year at Christmas.

(3 left on flat beds because you wrecked them... Yeah, your "insurance" is to blame)...

Is'nt the purpose of insurance to, oh I don't know... insure your car?

Forum Vice President
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Is'nt the purpose of insurance to, oh I don't know... insure your car?

uhh no. your supposed to pay them so FE can get more money back at christmas
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 2:52pm

He is not complaining that his car died, he is complaining that rather than doing their job, his insurance company idles.

I feel like Mack.

And slacker, OH YES I DID. LOL
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 4:47pm
So explain a bit better here.  Ya had the car parked and the area it was parked got flooded.   you then had a problem for a week after the fact getting the car to stay running and NOW it would not start but when it finely did the thing dumped its oil on the ground?

What kinda car was it?

First off any time ya swamp (off roading in deep water and drawing water into the intake) or have a car involved in a flooding area you SHOULD NOT attempt to start the vehical.

First thing that should have been done was pull all your spark plugs out and crank the engine  for a good 30secs at least to blow out all the water if any was injested.  Second immediatly after the flooding and before running the engine CHANGE your OIL. And engine that has water in the oil is gona be toast in minutes let alone a week.  

I have swamped my 1996 ranger once offroading and i never killed the motor (sold it with 285,000kms on it) same with my brothers 1999 Suzuki Vitara he swamped a # times (i dont beleive were he tryes taking this thing lol) and its got damn near 400,000kms on the clock and STILL goin.

AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic