FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cars <3 Merc V10.2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 6:01pm
00 pontiac grand prix GTP 3800SC L67

i drove it to work though some water but it dident bog down or even sound like it got water in it, then i parked at work and it got flooded (seats were dry but carpet and trunk were wet)

i was in one of the higher lots, the far end of the lot i was in was under 2' of water at low tide...

i never really paid attention to FEs post but now im convinced hes a skitzo... i never said it was my insurance companies fault but i do pay them every month so that IF something happens they take care of it... i never had a problem with geico ive wrecked 1 car, 1 had a trans go and i sent it to the junk yard and the stang was rotted under some bondo and paint...

the car flooded thursday, i drove it home friday and took a few short trips, it wanted to stall and did a few times, the tach would go dead (while running), hard to start, windows wouldent work... now this crap... i checked it today and theres some oil, its not frothy but im gunna change it anyways, and i need to find the coolant leak...

edit: if my name wasent still on the mortgage i would have a TRD taco in my drive way right now...

Edited by merc - 24 November 2009 at 6:13pm
saving the world, one warship at a time.
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2009 at 4:38pm
Well good news is it dont sound like yeah hydro locked it cause you were able to start it and drive it (hydro locked motors offten dont start and when they do you KNOW something bad has happened LOL).  

Honestly if you dont know all that much about your car i really would suggest getting it into a reputable shop.

Will it cost ya $$$$ yep but it gona cost ya a lot more to keep replacin cars every time ya brake one LOL.
You really should NEVER drive a car you know to have been flooded without getting the oil changed im sure most know oil and water dont mix and engeins REALLY dont work well with water in the crank case.

AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic