Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnother driving pet peeve......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

If someone is going 15mph faster than you in the lane to your left, and you move left to pass the guy in front of you, chances are you cut off the person behind you in the first place and I can understand why he would bright you. 

You assume that every time someone comes up behind me too fast that I cut them off?

Ugh.

No.

Just because someone comes up behind me faster than they should be driving doesn't mean that I cut them off in traffic....especially if I'm doing 70- that means he's doing 85.

but at the same time, if nobody is in your mirror, you shouldnt be taking the amount of time it takes said person to catch you to pass the person going slower than you
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 9:52pm
Most of the time it has nothing to do with speed limits. In Florida it says in the driver's handbook that you must keep up/slow down with the traffic. This means that if the speed posted is 65 and if everyone is doing 70-75 you must be doing 70-75 too. If you are passing somebody you have to speed up to pass then slip back. Also, since its mostly a 10-lane highway, the left lane is unofficially called the "fast lane."

EDIT: and of course if you are going 85+ in a 65 then you should get pulled over because chances are, none else is going at that speed.

Edited by Rofl_Mao - 22 November 2009 at 9:56pm
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 9:59pm
Thats just it Rofl......rate of traffic is generally 70-75. No problem. 80-90 is where these guys get behind people like me and get annoyed because I'm not going far enough above the speed limit to suit their needs. Basically, I'm not braking the law enough for them to be happy, and according to some.....they're right.

No wonder its no fun to drive anymore.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 10:02pm
Reb, I didn't say you're a bad parent.

I said you shouldn't be in the left lane.
Que pasa?

Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 10:19pm
You can tell who the young drivers are.

Reb and pariell are right.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 10:24pm

I hope you guys know that 10  MPH rule is a total crock. You'll get a 0-10 ticket.

And not all Texas drivers are good...we have our share of weiner jockeys as well.
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 10:30pm
As long as your passing someone at a decent speed in the left lane, I see no problem.  I hate the people that sit there in the left lane going 1 mph faster than the right lane.

One of my pet peeves is when your driving 75pmh and you catch someone in the right lane doing about 70.  You move over to left lane to pass and they speed up.  Here I was catching you doing 75 or so and now Im struggling to pass you doing 80.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

I hope you guys know that 10  MPH rule is a total crock. You'll get a 0-10 ticket.

And not all Texas drivers are good...we have our share of weiner jockeys as well.

Anyone that believes it is a real law is retarded....it is still over the speed limit.
Que pasa?

pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Anyone that believes it is a real law is retarded....it is still over the speed limit.

I dont see how anyone can think that is a real law.  My friend got a ticket for going 4 over.  It happens but its ridiculous.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 10:48pm
i dont know a single person who has gotten a ticket for anything less than 10 over, and i know some terrible drivers. i know of people who have gotten there tickets bumped down to 5-10 mph over the limit. not saying it cant happen. just uncommon
ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

One of my pet peeves is when your driving 75pmh and you catch someone in the right lane doing about 70.  You move over to left lane to pass and they speed up.  Here I was catching you doing 75 or so and now Im struggling to pass you doing 80.

I do this for fun. Embarrassed I even go as far as to pace them a little while. I probably shouldnt but I get such a kick out of it.

0o0o I also like to do this on 3 lane highways with 2 lanes going the same way. When someone comes flying up behind me I immediately speed up, get over and pace the person that was in front of me so the other person can't pass. This often leads to me getting stuck behind someone doing 35. So it all works out eventually.
Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 10:52pm
Whenever someone flies by and cuts me off I like to try and get in front of them and block them behind me and another slow moving car. Gotta watch who I do it to though because I don't wan't to get shot.
I ♣ hippies.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 11:10pm

Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

Come to Texas. We have the nicest drivers on the road. I have never had people flash their lights at me in the left lane and I set cruise control at 5 above.

I was in Texas for one week. I was in the Austin/Ft. Hood area. This made me agree with this statement. Seriously I was shocked by how courteous drivers seemed just on every road.
It's no joke. I could be sitting at a stop sign letting the other person go first, but they insist I go first, but then they insist again for me to go first. It kind of makes you mad that your courtesy is rejected, but everyone is so nice. Sure there are a lot of mean drivers in Texas, but compared to everywhere else I go, we are really nice.

Oh and for people that think cops don't pull over for less than 10, I saw someone get pulled over for 3 over. A cop was right behind a car in front of me to the right and I was following at the same pace, but back a little and he got pulled over. Complete BS.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 11:13pm

Come to Texas. We have the nicest drivers on the road. I have never had people flash their lights at me in the left lane and I set cruise control at 5 above.

I was in Texas for one week. I was in the Austin/Ft. Hood area. This made me agree with this statement. Seriously I was shocked by how courteous drivers seemed just on every road.
It's no joke. I could be sitting at a stop sign letting the other person go first, but they insist I go first, but then they insist again for me to go first. It kind of makes you mad that your courtesy is rejected, but everyone is so nice. Sure there are a lot of mean drivers in Texas, but compared to everywhere else I go, we are really nice.

People do that here, but that's just because they don't know the actual order. 
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 11:28pm

The justice of the peace in the town I grew up in got stopped out in rio vista and received a ticket for 1 mph over. 1 mph, no lie. There are small towns in TX where you don't go 1 mile too slow or too fast.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 11:44pm
Reb, are you living down around Middletown now? Or still up there in the boonies where the only thing worth mentioning is the Pepsi Arena?
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 2:46am
Boston drivers are hilariously terrible. The state of Massachusetts in general should have its roads only for the exclusive use of interstate travel for nonresidents.

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 2:56am
Over in New York, do you get Dbags that drive SUV's with their headlights off, and their foglights on instead?
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 4:14am
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Over in New York, do you get Dbags that drive SUV's with their headlights off, and their foglights on instead?

When I actually have my jeep, I leave my fog lights on all the time, and have the main lights set to auto.

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 6:03am
Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

When I actually have my jeep, I leave my fog lights on all the time, and have the main lights set to auto.

I'm talking about people that drive around at night, with only their fog lights on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic