Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how to sell an laptop?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to sell an laptop?
    Posted: 22 November 2009 at 6:05pm
My previous Laptop (Sony Vaio VGN-C190G) has now been pretty much retired ever since I bought my HP in August. The only thing I use it for is to plug it in via S Video to my television to watch downloaded movies and television shows. Aside from that I have two other computers. How would I go about finding how much the comp is worth? Already tried to google it and couldn't find the same model on Ebay or anywhere else used. It's in great condition and runs perfectly, I could just use the extra cash to help pay bills..

Also, any idea how much an Emac with G4 1Ghz processor with 128MB of RAM and a 40GB hard drive would go for? 
Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 6:11pm
that mac is probably worth around 45 dollars lol sorry dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 6:16pm
I wasn't expecting much for the Mac.... Old roommate was moving out and had no place to put it so it was just given to me. But hell $45 is almost a full tank of gas in my truck. Every little bit helps.

The Vaio should be worth a decent bit more. It's one hell of a nice computer, I just have no further use for it.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 6:28pm
Specs would help a lot
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 6:42pm
how old?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 6:42pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 6:45pm
I got it in Christmas of '07. It's a damn good laptop.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 7:01pm
My guess would be $500, maybe $600.  I'm not really that familiar with used laptops.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 7:06pm
3-4 maybe
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 7:08pm
I'd say $300 max.

Depends where you go.  Might be able to hit $400 on eBay, but at the same time, you'd also be paying their fees.
BU Engineering 2012
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 7:47pm
an laptop?
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 8:16pm
1. Search the model on EBay
2. Post said model on Craigslist asking for $100 more than what you found it for on EBay
3. ???
4. Profit
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 8:46pm
Check your local craigslist for similar listings, and base your price off of those
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2009 at 12:05am
If you're lucky you can probably get up to $500 for the Vaio if it's in good condition. Computers depreciate in value very fast but you never know who has a need for what (or what they know about market prices). Throw it on ebay and start bidding at $100 to lure people in. Or you could try craigslist for $500 obo and see what happens.

The Emac would make a great doorstop. You may be able to find an old person looking to get a cheap computer as their first and they might give you something for it but pretty much anybody with a computer now will have something better than that and won't want to downgrade. However, it never hurts to try. Throw it on craigslist and hope for an old guy or an IT guy looking for parts. Anything is better than nothing, right?
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2009 at 10:38am
Pawn Shops, check out their prices on similar models, then price accordingly and sell privately.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic