Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Screw you Cartoon Network

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Screw you Cartoon Network
    Posted: 22 November 2009 at 3:10pm
I watch cartoons, its a fact, I'm proud of it.

When I heard they were going to give away Kevin's Challenger I was super stoked that I might have a chance to win it.

I decided to check the T&Cs only to find that you have to be between the ages of 6 and 17. OMG, what does a 6 year old need with a car? Furthermore, where were these kind of contests when I was a kid. All I ever had access to were the goofy little lego sweepstakes that CN always had.

Besides that, the Grand prize winner gets $7500 and the car, and then 99 second place winners get a $33 poster.

I suppose that is my rant for the day, and it is a bit of a childish one, but we all get a freebie once in a while.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

I watch cartoons, its a fact, I'm proud of it.

When I heard they were going to give away Kevin's Challenger I was super stoked that I might have a chance to win it.

I decided to check the T&Cs only to find that you have to be between the ages of 6 and 17. OMG, what does a 6 year old need with a car? Furthermore, where were these kind of contests when I was a kid. All I ever had access to were the goofy little lego sweepstakes that CN always had.

Besides that, the Grand prize winner gets $7500 and the car, and then 99 second place winners get a $33 poster.

I suppose that is my rant for the day, and it is a bit of a childish one, but we all get a freebie once in a while.
Why on earth would you give a car and 7.5grand to a kid?
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 3:17pm
I can only assume the money is to cover some of the taxes and lisencing, but seriously, I dont think i would even trust an 18 year old with a Challenger.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 3:30pm
Adult Swim wouldn't do that.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 3:47pm
I think that there's a technical no-no in that contest. Children (under the age of 18) cannot legally win anything. Their parents would technically be the ones who would win it.

The $7500 covers taxes, title, licensing, and transport.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Adult Swim wouldn't do that.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 7:17pm
i still havent gotten over the fact they show non animated shows...
saving the world, one warship at a time.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

I think that there's a technical no-no in that contest. Children (under the age of 18) cannot legally win anything. Their parents would technically be the ones who would win it.

The $7500 covers taxes, title, licensing, and transport.

Yeah I certainly remember that as a kid. Things like roll up the rim at Tim Hortons always gave away cars, and I'd mention that if I won my parents would have to claim it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic