Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Salvo and Egrip issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DeltaSpear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeltaSpear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salvo and Egrip issue
    Posted: 22 November 2009 at 12:33pm

I've taken my project salvo to two paintball shops where they both work on markers and of course sell equipment. I love the way the Salvo looks and its great for mil sim / scenario games but id love to get some performance out of it. I decided to have the egrip installed. Several people have tried to complete this task at both locations and have failed. The final result is always the same - The egrip is working but the marker is not firing in full auto. From what I'm told and shown, the egrip rod is too short and doesnt make contact to the trigger area (not sure exactly what its called. would it be the sear assembly?). One shop even tried to place a piece of plastic under the magnetic solenoid to decrease the distance of the rod. That didnt work either. Am I missing a step here? is this the wrong kit (its the same egrip for the Alpha)? Do I need the trigger kit also? I keep hearing horror stories when I talk people in the Houston, TX area about adding an egrip to the salvo, that it doesnt work. Could it just be user error? Is the egrip my only choice to go select fire? 

90yjgimp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 90yjgimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 7:57am

What do you mean by "do i need the trigger kit also"? I'm assuming your kit came with the armature rod(e-grip rod), sear, sear spring and magnet??

I will be doing the same thing shortly with my Sierra One(Salvo), but i'm installing an APE Rampage e-trigger and ordered the other parts seperately. Talk to Tippmannpros.com as they have the longer armature rod for the Salvo.
-Stock 98 Custom
-Sierra One
AGC sight riser w/ Reddot
Rap4 offset feed
150rd Hopper
12"Lapco Bigshot/14"J&J Cer
Soon to have APE E-trig,Cyclone and offset hopper
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 9:41pm
I'd love a picture of the grip frame, right side with the egrip in it. We could tell you the issue.
Where did you buy the kit? 

You should have installed:
  • E trigger board, solenoid and parts
  • E trigger sear with round pivot hole, not oval
  • sear spring, the etrigger sear spring is lighter
  • actuator rod
  • Battery

You should have removed:

• Rectangular slider and spring from trigger
  • sear, stock mech sear with oval pivot hole
  • stock sear spring

Post that pic if you can.

alanv122171 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanv122171 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 12:39pm
I just did the e grip upgrade on my Salvo and after a couple of hours of reassembling it works just fine. The directions are ok but the thread on this forum was way better. the actual pics of what it looks like helped. The only reason it took so long was when I split the two halves apart EVERYTHING fell out! Yes I am a rookie but I got it all back together and working in one try. Think it's possible the put the wrong sear in? Maybe they put something back in that shouldn't be there. Try taking it apart yourself to check that. There is a thread on the main page that will illistrate it quite well. Keep us posted.
DeltaSpear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeltaSpear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 10:34am

Last week I installed the e-grip myself. Thanks to input from you guys I was able to identify what went wrong. First of all, the place I tried to have it originally installed, tried to install the wrong one. it was for the 98 model. But anyway. So, I ended up buying the right one and followed the directions, thank god for the illustrations in there, it helped a bunch. I did a test fire in full auto, it looks like it cycling faster than the balls can keep up. I tested it with just a regular hopper, thats probably why. I was just too lasy to take the Halo off my other marker. Next time I'll run it with Halo and see how that goes. 

Thanks everyone for your helpful input.

cballers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cballers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 3:00pm
I want to purchase the Salvo but only if i can mod it with an egrip... please tell me which is the correct egrip for this marker
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 3:16pm
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 8:00pm
Necrothread much?
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Necrothread much?

At least he searched.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Necrothread much?

Cry moar.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic