FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

C'mon, supporters of liberal tazer use.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

the girl learned her lesson, and she wont be acting up anytime soon.

HAHA, I doubt that.

I know if my mom had a cop taze me, I wouldn't do again what brought her to that decision anytime soon

TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 6:06pm
I have to agree. With that mother she'll threaten to call the cops
every time the kid doesn't make her bed now.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 7:17pm
i would figure the cop would still try to avoid using the taser on a child even with the parent's permission. 

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

i would figure the cop would still try to avoid using the taser on a child even with the parent's permission. 

"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 8:07pm
Idiots.
She kicked him in the groin!
Que pasa?

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 8:33pm
THE GROIN I SAY!
BU Engineering 2012
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

This.

Sorry guys, you can't electrify a 10 year old unless her or someone else's life is in danger.

The cop should face suspension (not termination-the mom did agree after all) for using bad discretion, and the mom should be thoroughly investigated for child abuse by CPS.

Also, I really don't get the title of this thread. Supporters of "indiscriminate" use of tasers? Those people exist?
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 10:00pm
Strato: If someones life is in danger, you skip the Taser totally, and go right to lethal force. The taser is built for the same situations that you would go "hands on" in, reducing risk to the officer, and injuries to the offender.

Let me get this straight... a few of you want to have the officer reprimanded... for FOLLOWING official procedure?

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 10:02pm
YES. She was a 10 year old kid having a temper tantrum because her mother wanted her to take a bath. The mother is wicked dumb for calling the police in the first place.

The cop is even more retarded for thinking a taser was necessary.
Que pasa?

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

The mother is wicked dumb for calling the police in the first place.
Agreed... but devils advocate says "What happened aside from the bath that pushed to mom to call"

You missed my question, so I'll pose it again. Do you really believe the cop should be reprimanded for FOLLOWING the rules?

If so... you need to explain your point beyond "shes 10 that's what 10 year olds do"

Or would it not be better to get the rules changed?

Edited by Linus - 21 November 2009 at 10:13pm

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 10:15pm
So Linus if the tazer wasn't around and he had batoned the girl in the face, would you still defend it? Even if it was "official procedure"?

I clicked this thread knowing you would blindly defend the cop, even if you were wrong.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 10:23pm

The mother is wicked dumb for calling the police in the first place.
Agreed... but devils advocate says "What happened aside from the bath that pushed to mom to call"

Devil's advocate says she is 10 years old. Short of attacking her with a weapon there is no reason to call the cops.

You missed my question, so I'll pose it again. Do you really believe the cop should be reprimanded for FOLLOWING the rules?

Yes. I am sure the rules state something along the lines of if he is in danger of being hurt, or the "suspect". If he wasn't cuffing a 10 year old for no reason she wouldn't have been in danger of "breaking her arm" Also, if he can't handle a 10 year old without using a taser he should rethink his career choice.

If so... you need to explain your point beyond "shes 10 that's what 10 year olds do"

See above^

Or would it not be better to get the rules changed?

They obviously need to be changed if this guy doesn't even get in trouble for doing this.
Que pasa?

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 10:30pm

Strato: If someones life is in danger, you skip the Taser totally, and go right to lethal force. The taser is built for the same situations that you would go "hands on" in, reducing risk to the officer, and injuries to the offender.

Let me get this straight... a few of you want to have the officer reprimanded... for FOLLOWING official procedure?

The thing here is that yeah, police have policy that protects them, but part of being a cop is making good discretion. And to take that further, good discretion involves protecting the reputation of the badge you represent.

Just for instance, at one point when tasers first came out, dropping the f bomb near a cop was considered hostile behavior, and they could taser you for it. I'd say a large portion of us have dropped the f bomb in public, and while tacky, it is most certainly not an offense worthy of physical action.

They've changed that here in Texas, but it just shows police have alot of laws that give them flexibility ina bad situation.

I think he should be reprimanded for endangering the reputation of the department, bad conduct. From what I've seen, and the department seems to be pretty open about this case, the officer had no place using non lethal force.

And as for lethal force, that's not entirely true either. Lots of cops have been prosecuted for using lethal force in a situation where we might think it necessary, but often times even in life threatening situations a cop can, with good discretion, use non lethal force to save a life.

Which all comes down to what a cop is there for-to serve and protect. Not whoop ass and take names, or wipe the scum off the streets. And, in my opinion, use even non lethal force on 10 year old girls.

I usually side with the cops, my father was a policeman, and I several family members that were in law enforcement, and an uncle who was a police chief-but I was also raised around good cops who made good decisions.
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 10:35pm
I lol'd at Choop's analogy. Baton to the face of a 10 year old is 'not' like a short 'stun' jolt.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by TinMan TinMan wrote:

I lol'd at Choop's analogy. Baton to the face of a 10 year old is 'not' like a short 'stun' jolt.

Yes it is. It is exactly the same. A non lethal weapon
Que pasa?

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 10:44pm
Hold up Choop... go back and re-read my reply on page 2. "It may be a bit more than is needed" meaning yes, I think it could, and possibly should, have been dealt with differently, BUT, the officer A) Followed procedure, and B) was told by the mom he could tase her, and as such, there is NO ground to get the cop in trouble. I again point you back to my corporal punishment comparison.

I'm not wrong for saying the cop shouldn't get in trouble for doing nothing wrong. Just because YOU think it's morally reprehensible doesn't make it wrong. Again, no harm, no foul, no punishment. Why should the cop get in trouble for playing by the rules? Because YOU disagree with the rules? That makes sense...

Hell, not only the department AND the mayor, but also the kids mom said the taser use was ok. That's not just some cop buddies of his backing him up.

Quote If he wasn't cuffing a 10 year old for no reason she wouldn't have been in danger of "breaking her arm" Also, if he can't handle a 10 year old without using a taser he should rethink his career choice.

The officer was wrong for trying to subdue someone who just kicked him in the junk?

Again, what part of "The taser is used in the same circumstances as 'hands on'" Do you fail to understand?

Originally posted by TinMan TinMan wrote:

I lol'd at Choop's analogy. Baton to the face of a 10 year old is 'not' like a short 'stun' jolt.

Yes it is. It is exactly the same. A non lethal weapon

You do realize the baton has killed more people, and caused more permanent damage, then the Taser... correct?

Edited by Linus - 21 November 2009 at 10:46pm

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 10:46pm
I am sure she kicked him in the junk. She probably kicked him in the leg.

Either way a stubborn 10 year old will do that...

EDIT: What does the baton causing more permanent damage have to do with anything I said?

Edited by jmac3 - 21 November 2009 at 10:47pm
Que pasa?

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 10:54pm
Because you said the Taser was equal to the baton... which it's not.

That's what it has to do with it.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 10:55pm

I'm not wrong for saying the cop shouldn't get in trouble for doing nothing wrong. Just because YOU think it's morally reprehensible doesn't make it wrong. Again, no harm, no foul, no punishment. Why should the cop get in trouble for playing by the rules? Because YOU disagree with the rules? That makes sense...

Hell, not only the department AND the mayor, but also the kids mom said the taser use was ok. That's not just some cop buddies of his backing him up.

Gotta disagree with you again man. Cops are servants of the public, if the public thinks something is morally reprehensible, it should reconsidered.

And I go back to my f bomb example. Laws are there to protect police in examples of extreme circumstanes. 10 year old with a gun, psycho 10 year old with scissors or a knife, yeah. Mom pissed because the kid is kicking and throwing fits-really?

And the mom saying it's okay has no bearing to me here-obviously mom screwed up somewhere, and according to what I'm seeing from dad, won't be winning any parenting of the year awards. Mom might say go ahead and beat the crap out of my drunk 17 year old, that'll learn'im. There's a reason you're wearing the badge and she's got an out of control child with serious issues.

Sometimes you need to step back and ignore the "rules", and look at the situation. We're talking a 10 year old throwing a temper tantrum, happens quite often. The mom should've never used police time, and the cop should have taken more time to rethink his surroundings.

And I'll say this-if it comes out tomorrow that the kid was armed, or was endangering the lives of the mom or cop, or you show me bruises or cuts on the mom / officer, I'll rethink this position. But I've practically helped raised three children that were the very definition of spoiled when they were younger. One of them is 13 now and still gets physically confrontational-and guess what? I can control them, and so can my 5'4" 115 pound sister.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 11:13pm
So, bruises/cuts will change your mind, but the fact that he got kicked in the balls, which in and of itself is ALSO assault/battery, doesn't?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic