FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

C'mon, supporters of liberal tazer use.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2009 at 4:17pm
I work sixteen hours a week in a youth prison right now. We've got two murderers, several drug dealers, a few bank robbers/other armed robbers, a number of assaults, and some other pretty heinous crap. We've got Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. ADHD. Aspergers Syndrome. Anger management cases. God knows what else- statistically there are bound to be a couple who are genuine psychopaths/sociopaths. We've got kids who are pretty involved in some serious gangs. They're ages 12-20, and we've got over thirty at any given time.

The youth workers who serve as the correctional staff have, for years, gotten by just fine with normal physical restraints taught in courses like Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, or Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behaviour. Never have they needed a taser, baton or pepper spray to take one of these kids down. Some of these workers are women who might weigh 120 soaking wet. They've managed to get by just fine.

I reject that any circumstance short of a child actually being armed that could force a police officer to use an intermediate weapon on a ten year old girl. 90% of ten year old grils weigh under one hundred pounds. Three quarters of them weigh under eighty five. 

Any police officer who can't restrain a goddamned unarmed ten year old girl should be turning in his badge our of pure shame and in recognition of his own incompetence.

Parents have been dealing with berzerk ten year olds for millenia. I must point out that the actions of the idiot cop have overshadowed the failures of the incompetent mother. Calling a cop, and then allowing him to tazer your kid within your home? Give me a bloody break.

I'm all for giving cops the benefit of the doubt and recognizing the very real need to use force in some circumstances- but I cannot conceive of any way in which this particular case is reasonable.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2009 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

I work sixteen hours a week in a youth prison right now. We've got two murderers, several drug dealers, a few bank robbers/other armed robbers, a number of assaults, and some other pretty heinous crap. We've got Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. ADHD. Aspergers Syndrome. Anger management cases. God knows what else- statistically there are bound to be a couple who are genuine psychopaths/sociopaths. We've got kids who are pretty involved in some serious gangs. They're ages 12-20, and we've got over thirty at any given time.
The youth workers who serve as the correctional staff have, for years, gotten by just fine with normal physical restraints taught in courses like Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, or Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behaviour. Never have they needed a taser, baton or pepper spray to take one of these kids down. Some of these workers are women who might weigh 120 soaking wet. They've managed to get by just fine.
I reject that any circumstance short of a child actually being armed that could force a police officer to use an intermediate weapon on a ten year old girl. 90% of ten year old grils weigh under one hundred pounds. Three quarters of them weigh under eighty five. 
Any police officer who can't restrain a goddamned unarmed ten year old girl should be turning in his badge our of pure shame and in recognition of his own incompetence.
Parents have been dealing with berzerk ten year olds for millenia. I must point out that the actions of the idiot cop have overshadowed the failures of the incompetent mother. Calling a cop, and then allowing him to tazer your kid within your home? Give me a bloody break.
I'm all for giving cops the benefit of the doubt and recognizing the very real need to use force in some circumstances- but I cannot conceive of any way in which this particular case is reasonable.

Once again, can't wait to see Linus somehow still say the cop is right. I completely agree with you Brihard, and heck I'd have that woman looked into by child services, as she's clearly a crap mother.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2009 at 4:41pm

i could have sworn you said asparagus syndrome
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2009 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by slackerr26 slackerr26 wrote:

i could have sworn you said asparagus syndrome

No. Only their social functioning resembles that of a vegetable.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2009 at 4:20am
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

If you honestly think that a 10 year old girl poses a threat to your or others' safety, you are pathetic.
What is pathetic is the broad judgement just about everyone has heaped on that cop when nobody really knows for sure the total circumstances.  A 10 year old girl is capable of doing quite a bit of damage.  The officer from what I can tell used the least amount of force to bring the situation under control.  He took a shot to the 'nads.  What would have been next?  Biting and scratching?  Sorry, no way I'd deal with a chunk of meat taken out of my arm trying to physically restrain somebody.

Now, if this story read that the cop actually hurt this girl (broken arms/ribs, etc.) you'd all be in an uproar about how this cop didn't use a less damaging alternative to subdue her.

THE CIRCUMSTANCES ARE THAT A 10 YEAR OLD GIRL GOT ELECTROCUTED BY A POLICE OFFICER

Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

If you honestly think that a 10 year old girl poses a threat to your or others' safety, you are pathetic.

TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2009 at 4:49pm
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2009 at 6:16pm
LOL @ suggestion deer got there on the train.
BU Engineering 2012
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2009 at 6:31pm
Oh deer! Thats a shocking article!
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2009 at 6:58pm
I'll give you a buck not to make another pun.  (If that's not enough, I might be able to scrape up a little more doe.)

Edited by Mack - 28 November 2009 at 2:15am
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2009 at 9:38pm
Oh deer, not again.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2009 at 10:47pm
LOL
BU Engineering 2012
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 4:10am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

I'll give you a buck not to make another pun.  (If that's not enough, I might be able to scrape up a little more doe.)

D'oe!
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 2:21pm
^^^Good pun Stormy; you hit a homer with that one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic