Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann scapegoats

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Joined: 04 February 2008
Location: Yankee Stadium
Status: Offline
Points: 5676
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 7:33am
Originally posted by buhju1 buhju1 wrote:

5th: Automags have been discontinued for quite a while. They were a lot like Tippmanns though. In my opinion, the most durable marker ever made in terms of frame construction.
Quite wrong sir. They are still currently being made/sold by AGD. Granted, while at nowhere near the rate they used to be, they are in fact still being produced.
 
Comparing the trigger pull on a mechanical Tippmann vs an electro is a little unfair. And if you aren't including the Vibe because of Smart Part's possible demise, than what are you suggesting for a replacement? Where can you find a NIB marker, fully milsimed, with an electronic trigger for $169.00 ala AB or Salvo?
 
 
 
 
 
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Back to Top
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 14004
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 11:08am
Originally posted by buhju1 buhju1 wrote:

The argument I am proposing is that you can do better than a Tippmann in any budget.



This I don't believe for a second.

Look at the 'out of box' abilities of a tippmann of any level, and those of a comparably priced marker from another company.

Tippmanns will work with gravity fed hoppers, Co2 tanks and nothing else.

Find a 'better' marker for the same price, and THEN assess the cost of the peripherals that are necessary for it to work. HPA tank? What does even a small one of those cost? Decent electronic hopper?

All of a sudden, you're not in the same price bracket anymore.


Back to Top
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Has no impulse! control

Joined: 13 January 2004
Location: 2nd Circle
Status: Offline
Points: 9815
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Originally posted by buhju1 buhju1 wrote:

I figured my post would liven up this thread. I'm proud of myself.Big smile
So, what you are saying is that you're an 'attention-whore'.

Originally posted by buhju1 buhju1 wrote:

and proud!


The attention whoring would be much more effective if everyone didn't have to continuously correct the misinformation you post regarding paintball technology.
Back to Top
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 14004
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Originally posted by buhju1 buhju1 wrote:

I figured my post would liven up this thread. I'm proud of myself.Big smile
So, what you are saying is that you're an 'attention-whore'.

Originally posted by buhju1 buhju1 wrote:

and proud!


The attention whoring would be much more effective if everyone didn't have to continuously correct the misinformation you post regarding paintball technology.


Quiet you, this is an easy one, don't make him go away.


Back to Top
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
The Savior of Christmas

Joined: 01 September 2005
Location: PRNJ
Status: Offline
Points: 5499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 9:07pm

I use an Automag, Phenom, Factory F/A, Crosman 3357 and an original SL 68 II. These markers are the only ones I use on a regular basis, I have a collection of 20+ markers.

I do aggree that the regular X7 is pointless, which is why I dont own one. I am dissapointed that the Phenom cant be stripped down, also(I would love to ditch the rail and magwell).
 
My markers>yours.
 
Why? My markers all have the same performance as yours, albeit heavier. I need a light speedball gun? Automag. I need horsepower? Phenom, FA, Mag.
 
I can buy a shop full of high end electros with the classics I have(I wanted technology so I bought the Phenom). However, I can do everything a player with an Ego can, yet choose to be different. Markers like mine have class, and theyre more fun than any marker produced after 2000.
 
TL;dr. markers have same amount of performance yet old/bulky/loud and more fun.


Edited by SSOK - 17 January 2010 at 9:11pm
Back to Top
buhju1 View Drop Down
Member
Member

Auf wiedersehen

Joined: 26 March 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 150
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buhju1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Originally posted by buhju1 buhju1 wrote:

5th: Automags have been discontinued for quite a while. They were a lot like Tippmanns though. In my opinion, the most durable marker ever made in terms of frame construction.
Quite wrong sir. They are still currently being made/sold by AGD. Granted, while at nowhere near the rate they used to be, they are in fact still being produced.
 
Comparing the trigger pull on a mechanical Tippmann vs an electro is a little unfair. And if you aren't including the Vibe because of Smart Part's possible demise, than what are you suggesting for a replacement? Where can you find a NIB marker, fully milsimed, with an electronic trigger for $169.00 ala AB or Salvo?

Where do they sell AGD guns? I'm not saying you are wrong, I just want to know where it is.

My replacement for the Vibe is the Azodin Blitz. Better out of box anyway. $170

With a possible loss of the SP1, you would have to turn to Spyder to do that. They do for a lot less too but there is a reason that Spyders are cheap. However, performance has nothing to do with you mag, stock, etc. That being said, why not spend your money on something that actually makes your gun better instead of just making it heavier?

The Blitz and every Smart Parts gun I mentioned do run on CO2. If you want a high end gun, try an Autococker. All models run on CO2. All of the guns I mentioned also have eyes. You can't outshoot a gun with eyes. Therefore you can run on CO2 and although it is not recommended, you can run a VL200 hopper as well. 
It shouldn't matter though if you have made your purchases correctly. Mask, hopper, HPA tank, padding (knees and elbows), pod belt, gun, then whatever else you want. In that order. This order gives you everything you need for any gun on the market. Because you will have all the nessecary equipment, you can get any gun from a $30 Wal-Mart gun to a DM10 and be perfectly fine.


Edited by buhju1 - 18 January 2010 at 1:40pm
Back to Top
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Joined: 04 February 2008
Location: Yankee Stadium
Status: Offline
Points: 5676
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by buhju1 buhju1 wrote:

Where do they sell AGD guns? I'm not saying you are wrong, I just want to know where it is.
http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Back to Top
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 14004
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by buhju1 buhju1 wrote:



The Blitz and every Smart Parts gun I mentioned do run on CO2. If you want a high end gun, try an Autococker. All models run on CO2. All of the guns I mentioned also have eyes. You can't outshoot a gun with eyes. Therefore you can run on CO2 and although it is not recommended, you can run a VL200 hopper as well. 



You're going to run a VL2000 hopper on a marker with eyes that "cant be outshot?" Now you're just being silly...swinging for the fences on that one.


Back to Top
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 4134
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 8:38pm
High speed + CO2 = ice + potential damage

Also, you "can't outshoot eyes" because they don't let you! The eyes limit your speed to your hopper's feed rate.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Back to Top
buhju1 View Drop Down
Member
Member

Auf wiedersehen

Joined: 26 March 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 150
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buhju1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 12:46am
Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

High speed + CO2 = ice + potential damage

Also, you "can't outshoot eyes" because they don't let you! The eyes limit your speed to your hopper's feed rate.

(Regarding the eyes): That's what I meant. I'll admit I worded my original post in the wrong way. What I meant is a gun with eyes can use any hopper. 

I shoot CO2 on my Blitz and my brother does on his Vibe. He shoots max speed about 11 BPS. I shoot about 20 max. A paraphrased statement in an e-mail reply sent to me from Azodin: If you are shooting CO2, it is nearly impossible to freeze the gun because it will get so cold you won't be able to hold onto it to shoot it anymore before it freezes.
I can't remember the actual quote.
The only times we shoot HPA is tournaments, (Wisconsin) winter, or whenever we get the chance to fill our tanks. It's about twice the distance to fill HPA as it is to fill CO2.


Edited by buhju1 - 19 January 2010 at 12:49am
Back to Top
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
The Savior of Christmas

Joined: 01 September 2005
Location: PRNJ
Status: Offline
Points: 5499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 12:33pm
I like how my post was ignored
Back to Top
buhju1 View Drop Down
Member
Member

Auf wiedersehen

Joined: 26 March 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 150
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buhju1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 7:02pm
I know very little about most of the guns you mentioned as they are "old". I do know about the Phenom. It's a good gun but it's overpriced. I think it should cost about $250.
I know only the basics about the Automag. I know nothing about the Factory F/A and the Crosman 3357. I know about the new SL68 but not the old one. This stuff is before my time. That's why I passed over your post. 

Back to Top
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 10 October 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 1003
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by buhju1 buhju1 wrote:

I shoot CO2 on my Blitz and my brother does on his Vibe. He shoots max speed about 11 BPS. I shoot about 20 max. A paraphrased statement in an e-mail reply sent to me from Azodin: If you are shooting CO2, it is nearly impossible to freeze the gun because it will get so cold you won't be able to hold onto it to shoot it anymore before it freezes.
I can't remember the actual quote.
 
wait.. what?
 
 
Back to Top
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 4134
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 10:47pm
^^^ I just disregard stuff like that.

At 20bps, with CO2, it WILL freeze up. Your SS lines willl frost over, your reg/expansion chamber WILL frost over and the internals of the gun WILL frost up. It's not like it has de-icer built in with heat.

I'm looking at possibly having no ability to use HPA in the near future when I start back up. I'm looking at cheap guns that are easily replaceable, such as an Electra. SO, I know the only possible way to keep the gun in good condition is to also get a Palmers and shoot reasonably, most likely 12ish. After that, in colder weather, it WILL frost up without a Palmers.

Also, I want you to explain "semi-auto". You use it very interestingly. In Sandman's thread about any gun possible, you make very little sense.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Back to Top
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Joined: 04 February 2008
Location: Yankee Stadium
Status: Offline
Points: 5676
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 11:06pm
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Back to Top
buhju1 View Drop Down
Member
Member

Auf wiedersehen

Joined: 26 March 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 150
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buhju1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 12:23am
Semi-auto is one pull, one shot. The different trigger styles on the guns in the other thread are the reason for one gun to be better in semi-auto and one to be worse. Really, it all comes down to ease of trigger-walking. The Bob Long Alias Intimidator is one of, if not the best gun for semi-auto ever made. Planet Eclipse is also good. Dye guns have traditionally been poor for semi-auto play as they are not made for that but the NT is a step in the right direction. 

20bps with CO2 can and will freeze up. However, it will be far colder than your hands can stand before that happens. Not to mention the fact that you would have to shoot far more than your hopper capacity. That is why it won't happen. 
20 BPS is my maximum firing speed as 11 BPS is for my brother. I don't normally shoot that fast but if I do, I don't hold it down until my gun freezes up. That's dumb. Of course it's going to get really cold and freeze. You guys take everything I say waaaay to literally and overanalyze everything. 
Back to Top
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 4134
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 7:35am
I'm just going to counter your first paragraph, I give up on the second.

Every single gun can/is semi. The only ones I don't regard as thy are RT tippmanns because there is no switch to change it. All other guns shoot semi like the next. It all comes down to comfort. Take an Ion for example. Stock triggers are crap, get one with a CP Roller and I can shoot it faster than my F8. It's all about what youre comfortable with. You make it sound like they physically aren't good at shooting

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Back to Top
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 4134
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 8:02am
OPBN- Thats CRAZY! If they could develop for $300, I would almost definitely buy it. I have 3 friends that play whenever I do, so we could split it and it'd be a cheap investment. I know quite a few people who would pay to fill their tanks too.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Back to Top
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Joined: 04 February 2008
Location: Yankee Stadium
Status: Offline
Points: 5676
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 8:13am
Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

OPBN- Thats CRAZY! If they could develop for $300, I would almost definitely buy it. I have 3 friends that play whenever I do, so we could split it and it'd be a cheap investment. I know quite a few people who would pay to fill their tanks too.
 Yeah, it's pretty interesting.
Now back on topic young man!  


Edited by oldpbnoob - 22 January 2010 at 8:29am
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Back to Top
buhju1 View Drop Down
Member
Member

Auf wiedersehen

Joined: 26 March 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 150
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buhju1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

You make it sound like they physically aren't good at shooting

This is close to what I'm saying. Have you ever tried to shoot a Proto gun in semi-auto. It is IMPOSSIBLE to walk that trigger. I know. I have a PMR. I put an aftermarket trigger on it and it is better but it still doesn't match up to the trigger setup on stock DP''s. I can walk the trigger on my Azodin Blitz a lot easier than I can on my PMR. You can put aftermarket triggers on anything but there are some guns that are set up to shoot semi-automatic and some guns that are set up to shoot 3-shot or otherwise.

Shooting fast in semi-auto is all about trigger geometry. The hole of the trigger needs to be behind the trigger so it is like an L shape, not directly above it. L-shaped triggers are the easiest to walk. I-shaped triggers are a nightmare. The trigger also has to be angled forward because of the way your hand goes onto the gun. 



Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.219 seconds.