Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You get it, I skydive...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
impulse!! View Drop Down

Racist Comment

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 7:37am
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Originally posted by impulse!! impulse!! wrote:

So jealous. I have to go. Seeing I live 30 minutes from the #1 jump spot in the world.

Have you seen the documentary about that bridge? Crazy stuff.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 8:22am

Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

So jealous. I have to go. Seeing I live 30 minutes from the #1 jump spot in the world.

Have you seen the documentary about that bridge? Crazy stuff.
Nope, I'd like to, just don't know where to find it.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 9:28am

Man, the sky was amazing for those jumps.

That last video was really good.

My friends are always trying to talk me into jumping out of a plane... But, I haven't yet.

One of my friends on his first jump had the instructor on his back and the instructor told him to hold his knees up on the landing...

But he was so syked up that he ended up running when he landed and jumping around all excited... Until he felt a tap on his shoulder and the instructor asking him to let him down (he is 6'7, and the guys feet wouldn't reach the ground).

They tremble at my name...
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 12:26pm
impulse: When you do eventually get the motivation to go, let me know so I can be there when your scared ass is moments from exiting the door.

FE and everybody else... just do it. It's nice to see that kind of sky in a plane or from a mountain, but just wait until you see it under canopy. As I said in one of my posts, I had life-shattering news that morning. It generally takes me a long time to put out any sort of smile on my best days. Skydiving has the ability to do what few other activities have ever been able to do to me, and that's to reliably make me feel joy.

That fact that you saw me smile like that after a day full of tears is enough to know that just one jump is worth it.
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

From what I hear, skydiving planes are generally less than "perfectly good"

The one I was on crashed the next time it went up and killed all six people on board. It wasn't even "kinda good."

They weren't anywhere near jumping altitude when the engine started leaking oil so they decided to land, but it caught fire a few hundred feet from the ground and overwhelmed the pilot, sending them into the trees. The girl behind me in line to tandem jump died, as did my instructor, one of the guys I'd just gone up with who was two jumps shy of golden wings, and the pilot I'd had, plus two others.

The jump was great, fantastic really, but wow what timing I had.

There's nothing quite like seeing the world from that perspective without the frame of a window. It doesn't even feel like you're falling because you're at terminal velocity, and the ride down once the chute is out is amazingly peaceful. In a tandem jump you can speak in a normal voice and hear each other on the way down.

Edited by reifidom - 20 November 2009 at 12:50pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic