FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You get it, I skydive...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

What did you use to film it?

It's a point and shoot that I bought about a year ago. Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5. Bought it specifically because it shoots 720p video. The only thing I don't like about it is its proprietary battery and limit on video size (hi-def only allows 8m 27s of video before having to start a new file, there's no way to make it seamless)

Aas you can see, its image stabilization also isn't too hot. It didn't help that I had to hold it in a very awkward position throughout the jump. I don't really consider it secure, but I tied the wrist strap to my altimeter strap so that I couldn't loose it unless the strap broke.

My dad's in China right now. He's looking for a relatively cheap 1080p camera + fisheye lens for me. If that works out, hopefully I can bring you guys better footage in Spring. Until then, I plan on doing a few more of such jumps with my current camera. I'm considering doing a weekly comedy + opinion show or something. If it's good enough, the ad revenue could pay for my skydiving. I just have to make sure I can get jumps in when the weather is good.

Edited by Tolgak - 18 November 2009 at 7:39am
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 4:41pm
BUMP! More videos from yesterday in the first post.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 6:29pm
Holy terrible song in the last video, batman!
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 7:11pm
I did all this for FREE. Airborne mass jumps are OK, but until you HALO life is not worth living. I am determined to go out the door one more time and knees to the breeze before I take the big dirt nap.

I just loved 'flying', Man can fly, we are gracefull and aerobatic, we just have to work on that landing thing.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 7:15pm
That's not flying!  That's falling, with style!
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 7:20pm
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

You can die. I love that song.

Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

But until you HALO life is not worth living.

I plan on doing it one day. There are a few ways of getting it done in the civilian world. The military wouldn't have me do it if I ever joined for the job I want (more on that in another thread).

I am determined to go out the door one more time and knees to the breeze before I take the big dirt nap.

Come to DeLand during the school year and I'll see if I can use my discount on a tandem for you. Unless you've got a license or something, then we could jump together.

I just loved 'flying', Man can fly, we are gracefull and aerobatic, we just have to work on that landing thing.

Hells yea

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 8:27pm

impulse!! View Drop Down

Racist Comment

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 9:51pm
So jealous. I have to go. Seeing I live 30 minutes from the #1 jump spot in the world.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by impulse!! impulse!! wrote:

So jealous. I have to go. Seeing I live 30 minutes from the #1 jump spot in the world.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 10:11pm

You live 30 minutes from DeLand?
The Batman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 10:33pm

I liked it.
Everyone's a joker these days.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 10:37pm
Who is THE BATMAN?
Que pasa?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Who is THE BATMAN?

ME!
The_Joker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 10:49pm

I'm going to *lovingly remove* one forumer, everyday, until The Batman takes of the Mask.

Edited by The_Joker - 19 November 2009 at 10:58pm
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 10:55pm
/reported - Death Threats
The_Joker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 10:59pm
Everybody's a critic.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 11:09pm
you forgot an f there joker.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 11:14pm
Even I think that was a bit picky.
impulse!! View Drop Down

Racist Comment

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 7:35am
Originally posted by WGP guy2 WGP guy2 wrote:

You live 30 minutes from DeLand?

Yup, in the #1 in the country.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic