FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chicago Politics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chicago Politics
    Posted: 17 November 2009 at 12:56pm
First we have dead voters, now the boys (Obama and crew) from Chicago operating the White House have fictitous congressional districts that reeped the benifits of the stimulus.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jobs-saved-created-congressional-districts-exist/story?id=9097853

Question now is, Show me the money, where did all that money go that supported this wonderfull example of the stimulus working.
Ben Grimm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Grimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 2:14pm

To be more specific, the White House isn't inventing this data, they just aren't fact-checking at all.

Still shameful and wrong, but lazy and negligent rather than willful.

But yes - the White House ought not post information about economic indicators that have not been confirmed as accurate.  I don't care how "Web 2.0" this administration is, the White House web site should be held to a higher standard than Tila Tequila's Myspace page.

It's Clobberin' Time!
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Ben Grimm Ben Grimm wrote:

To be more specific, the White House isn't inventing this data, they just aren't fact-checking at all.

Still shameful and wrong, but lazy and negligent rather than willful.

But yes - the White House ought not post information about economic indicators that have not been confirmed as accurate.  I don't care how "Web 2.0" this administration is, the White House web site should be held to a higher standard than Tila Tequila's Myspace page.

LOL

Definitely a good point though

BU Engineering 2012
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 3:29pm
Too bad the liberal media will never cover this story. 
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 3:43pm
Obviously $18,000,000 wasn't enough for their website... If you wanted accuracy, you would have to pay MUCH more than that...

silly "grub"ment, all they had to do was hire Drudge and give him some food vouchers and he could have done it for almost nothing... And the facts would have been correct.
They tremble at my name...
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Too bad the liberal media will never cover this story. 

Or maybe they are tired of being called out for their obvious bias...

Here is more proof that fox news is fair and balanced, while the others aren't...

They tremble at my name...
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 4:15pm
"S. Robert Lichter is professor of communication at George Mason University, where he directs the Center for Media and Public Affairs."

You will have to forgive me if I choose not to believe a commentary about how great Fox is that based on a report by an organization which is directed by the author of the commentary, who just so happens to be a former Fox contributor.  "This is true because this report I wrote says it is!!"
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 4:16pm
So that proof doesn't say they're fair and balanced at all.

in fact all it says is that Fox is conservative and that CNN and MSNBC are not.

Also, I REALLY need to know why these people are mentioned:

"liberal commentators, such as Comedy Central's Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert and HBO's Bill Maher."

Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and Bill Maher are comedians. They are nothing more than this.

Might as well start naming Jeff Foxworthy, Lewis Black, and countless other random comedians who said something about a president.
Que pasa?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic