FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sarah Palin shouts out to me...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sarah Palin shouts out to me...
    Posted: 17 November 2009 at 12:28pm
So Palin was on with Bawa today...

In an interview with ABC News' Barbara Walters, Palin, whose book, "Going Rogue: An American Life," lands on bookshelves Tuesday, said she would give the president a mere four for his job performance on a scale of one to 10.

"There are a lot of decisions being made that I -- and probably the majority of Americans -- are not impressed with right now," said Palin, the former governor of Alaska. "I think our economy is not being put on the right track, because we're strayed too far from, fundamentally, from FreeEnterprise principles that built our country. And I question, too, some of the dithering, and, hesitation, with some of our national security questions that have got to be answered for our country."

Even after last year's devastating defeat, Palin remains one of the Republican Party's brightest stars. From Alaska, she has been weighing in on issues and influencing policy debate in Washington. She scored a major blow to Obama in August when she wrote on her Facebook page that under Obama's plans, the fate of the elderly and her son Trigg, who has Down syndrome, would be determined by "death panels."

What is she talking about, jobs are being created everywhere. All from the stimulus bill...

And everyone says that the economy is rebounding and everything is getting better.

At least all the "experts"...

Speaking of death panels...

They tremble at my name...
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 12:38pm
The whole concept of people believing in death panels makes me lizz
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 12:56pm
Where does Palin have the experience to open her mouth about any thing she says?

She needs to get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich.

At least Obama is currently president and has 223331313123 advisors to tell him things he doesn't know due to his lack of experience.

In fact, why do people still listen to her?
Que pasa?

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 12:57pm
And what is with the picture from 1972 in that foxnews healthcare article?
Que pasa?

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 2:08pm

Sarah Palin just needs to leave.

"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Ben Grimm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Grimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 2:17pm
Yeah... there are plenty of qualified people with legitimate criticisms of the administration.  Palin is not one of those.
It's Clobberin' Time!
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 3:13pm
I'd hit it.
BU Engineering 2012
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

I'd hit it.

qft
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 3:47pm
I KNOW AMERICA AGREES WITH ME OBAMA SUX. BY THE WAY MY NEW BOOK HITS SHELVES ON TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Ben Grimm Ben Grimm wrote:

Yeah... there are plenty of qualified people with legitimate criticisms of the administration.  Palin is not one of those.

But we really don't have a lot of hot politicians.  I mean there's Sarah, and Hill . . . uh no . . . well there's Nancy . . . no that doesn't work either.  Hmmm . . . never mind.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

I'd hit it.

qft

QFT again.

Edited by jmac3 - 17 November 2009 at 4:19pm
Que pasa?

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 4:12pm
^^^Thumbs Up

Edited by Rofl_Mao - 17 November 2009 at 4:12pm
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 4:18pm
Wow I failed the linkage somehow
Que pasa?

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 4:28pm
What a good newsweek cover
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 4:32pm
I hate finding someone I can't stand attractive.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 5:29pm
<No. Just no.>

Edited by Enos Shenk - 18 November 2009 at 2:34pm
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 6:11pm
I quit finding them attractive as I start despising them.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:44pm
It is funny that most of you here drank the Obama kool-aid and we see the result, yet immediately throw Palin into I hate you because you are a (R) pile. A differant message, maybe one that will work, but NO, you were told by your 'big brother' that all (R's) are bad, as the country is circling the bowl as we speak. Obama sold out to the special interests, lobbists and all the people he promised he would not, and raised the debt 4X and no-one here want to even discuss a differant approach. And you all refuse to believe the the Obama "Cult of Personality" has you.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

It is funny that most of you here drank the Obama kool-aid and we see the result, yet immediately throw Palin into I hate you because you are a (R) pile. A differant message, maybe one that will work, but NO, you were told by your 'big brother' that all (R's) are bad, as the country is circling the bowl as we speak. Obama sold out to the special interests, lobbists and all the people he promised he would not, and raised the debt 4X and no-one here want to even discuss a differant approach. And you all refuse to believe the the Obama "Cult of Personality" has you.

Actually I think both are fools to think they're in any way qualified to lead the United States.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Ben Grimm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Grimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:59pm

Not all of us align by party designation, OS...

Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

It is funny that most of you here drank the Obama kool-aid...

I did.

Quote ...and we see the result...

Improved standing in the international community?  Hopes of an improved healthcare system?  A serious push towards a more sustainable community?

Horrible things, all.

You seem to imply that I, as an Obama supporter, should be disillusioned or disappointed by the administration's actions so far.  As it turns out, I am neither.  I think he is doing a pretty good job.  Not as good as I had hoped, but far better than I had feared.

Quote ... yet immediately throw Palin into I hate you because you are a (R) pile.

No, I throw her into the I hate you because you are a (D)unce pile.  Short of Harriet Myers, it is difficult to think of a less qualified candidate put forth for public office in recent history.  And no, Obama was not less qualified than Palin.  Attempts at comparing the two merely highlights the stark differences.

Quote ... you were told by your 'big brother' that all (R's) are bad...

What are you talking about?  Sure, some fools default to thinking that all Republicans are bad, but they are just that - fools.  And even when you add up all the fools, there are a lot more Obama supporters left.

Quote ... as the country is circling the bowl as we speak.

By what conceivable measure are we "circling the bowl?"  Things are stabilizing, good things are starting to happen, and, even in the worst of times we are still lightyears better off then 80% of the planet.

Things are actually pretty good here.

Quote Obama sold out to the special interests, lobbists and all the people he promised he would not

While the lobbyist shutout has not been as complete as I had hoped, Obama still has done a far better job of keeping K Street at bay than any other administration I can recall.  I count this among his victories.

Quote ... and raised the debt 4X and no-one here want to even discuss a differant approach.

To the contrary, different approaches are discussed all the time.  On this board and elsewhere.

Quote  And you all refuse to believe the the Obama "Cult of Personality" has you.

Oh, there is no doubt that there are many irrational Obama groupies - but it does not follow that Obama has no substance, or that all Obama supporters are mere groupies.  I joined the Obama camp late - very late, and I still cross my fingers regularly and pray that he won't screw it up.

Believe it or not, smart people can and do support the President for rational reasons.

It's Clobberin' Time!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic