FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sarah Palin shouts out to me...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 9:26am
Do you ever actually comprehend what whale posts?  He has made it clear on several occasions that he agrees that TV media is biased, he only ever defends print media.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Do you ever actually comprehend what whale posts?  He has made it clear on several occasions that he agrees that TV media is biased, he only ever defends print media.

If any media source messes up I will point it out defending bad news media helps me none.

The reverse is true of FE's statement though. His strategy is, in the case of something bad being reported about someone he likes, to blame the media. It's pretty much step one of the mental planned reaction process.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 10:09am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Maybe you should actually listen to Palin, and make your huge assumptions based on HER words instead of a SNL parody of her...

I'm fully aware of what she actually said. I'm also at a loss as to how being governor of a state near another country gives you foreign policy experience.

The other issue, is the liberal media's attack on Palin.

The unpartial AP put 11 reporters on the factcheck assignment of her new book.

How many did they put on Obama's book?

How many did they put on Bidens book?

How many did they put on Kennedy's book?

None of those books had the hype upon release that Palin's book, even Kennedy's.

Not to mention that the AP wanted to get the book fact checked before the release of the book, so they didn't have very long, thus assigning it to more people in chunks.

Also, Palin has been known to "go rogue" with the truth quite a bit. That probably factored into the fact-checking quite a bit.

Yeah, there was zero hype for "audacity of hope"... I remember how you didn't hear anything about it before it came out...

wait...

I won't even go into all the Kennedy fawning...

and besides, CNN just had a sampling and NONE of the people liked palin, and none were going to read her book. They said it was a fair sampling, so what "hype" are you talking about?

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 18 November 2009 at 10:11am
They tremble at my name...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 10:37am

If the AP is that desperate for something to fact check... Why don't they interview the "voice" of global warming...

Who just stated that the inside of the earth is MILLIONS of degrees...

wow...

The earth is hotter than the sun... Who knew?

We better pass cap and trade soon, before all that heat starts exploding out of the earth...

Geothermal is new... Maybe here in America, but not new globally.

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 18 November 2009 at 10:40am
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 11:34am

Yeah, there was zero hype for "audacity of hope"

That's not quite what I said.

The level of hype for Audacity was nowhere near the Palin book.

I don't recall there being live shots on every TV news station of lines for the book back in 2006.

Quote and besides, CNN just had a sampling and NONE of the people liked palin, and none were going to read her book.

And that is annoyingly bad journalism. I'm confused at what you expected me to say there.

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Ben Grimm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Grimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 11:53am

If the AP is that desperate for something to fact check... Why don't they interview the "voice" of global warming...

First off, the AP has never (TMK) fact-checked a late-night talk show appearance.   Quite a leap from a book to Conan.  Thankfully, the internets are full of people that will do the factchecking for us.

But I digress...

Quote Who just stated that the inside of the earth is MILLIONS of degrees...

- which is clearly not correct.  This is a correct statement of the temperature of the inside of the sun.  Maybe he was confused, maybe he mixed things up, who knows.  But this is a mistake of no particular substance, unless you are a scientist, which Gore is not.  The difference between 6000 degrees (give or take) and "millions" of degrees is not particularly important for a layman's explanation of geothermal energy.

More importantly, of course, is the point that Gore is pretty darn good at getting the science right.  His various presentations are routinely critiqued by scientists, and as far as I can tell he very rarely makes significant errors.

Geothermal is new... Maybe here in America, but not new globally.

And here is where YOU could stand to do some more fact-checking.  Granted that Gore was being a little non-specific, but he is actually spot on.  If anything, he is stating as current something that is still cutting edge.

Yes, geothermal electricity has been around for a while.  There are dozens of functioning plants in the US, and I believe the oldest is almost 50 years old - and still operating.

But what Gore is talking about is "hot rock" geothermal energy.  He doesn't make the distinction clear, but does refer to "hot rocks" in the clip. 

Current geothermal plants operate by drilling down to where subterranean brine is close to the surface, and they use that brine for a heat source.  Unfortunately, this brine is only close to the surface in a few areas (usually near fault lines), which has severely limited the applicability of geothermal electrical generation.

"Hot rock" geothermal plants, on the other hand, drill down anywhere (theoretically) to the hot rocks (duh) which are found pretty much everywhere, and then send water (or other fluid) down from the surface in place of the brine.  In theory, this technology would allow us to place geothermal plants almost anywhere, and it would be a major energy revolution.

Several test plants are in operation or construction.  Unfortunately, it appears that the hot rock process actually causes earthquakes, which is obviously not so good.  So hot rock geothermal is still not ready for prime time.  It is very much "new."

So yes - Gore did make a misstatement of sorts about geothermal energy.  Just not the misstatement you thought.

It's Clobberin' Time!
Ben Grimm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Grimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 12:00pm

Maybe you should actually listen to Palin, and make your huge assumptions based on HER words instead of a SNL parody of her...

Oh, I listened to her real words.  That was the problem.  I still cringe at the Couric interviews, but her stump speeches were just as scary.

Of course, much of the SNL "parody" consisted of Tina Fey quoting Palin VERBATIM, because what Palin actually says pretty much sounds like an SNL parody.

The country is weaker since Obama took over, we have now had another terrorist attack on our soil, because of the "new" political correct standards that this administration pushes.

You and OS have now both made this claim.  Please explain to me exactly what the administration did that led to Fort Hood?  What policy, what standard, what proclamation, what anything? 

It's Clobberin' Time!
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Ben Grimm Ben Grimm wrote:

The country is weaker since Obama took over, we have now had another terrorist attack on our soil, because of the "new" political correct standards that this administration pushes.

You and OS have now both made this claim.  Please explain to me exactly what the administration did that led to Fort Hood?  What policy, what standard, what proclamation, what anything? 

Well duh!  There is significantly less manly chest beating occurring on the world stage . . . that is practically the same as sending an invitation to terrorists to start attacking U.S. soil.  It's so obvious that I really don't understand what part of the scenario confuses you Ben.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Ben Grimm Ben Grimm wrote:

Probably ending the wiretapping started by G.W.....

Oh, wait...
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 1:28pm
"how are we going to kick in the plan that will get this economy back on the right track and really shore up the strategies that we need over in Iraq and Iran to win these wars?"

"I may not answer the questions that either the moderator or you want to hear, but I'm going to talk straight to the American people"

"our national leaders, are sending soldiers out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan.""

Nope, she doesn't say dumb things..
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 3:00pm
Oh, look... Fox wrote a story on the ap using 11 reporters for this story...

Guess that is why the AP didn't cover the latest acorn video... Must have not had any reporters available...

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 3:55pm

Wow, you guys are a lesson in talking points for the liberal media.

So Palin said "I can see Russia from my house"...

REALLY?...

Wow, no wonder you think that she is dumb.

I'll give you this. I'm really tired of hearin that quote...everyone says something in a loose or joking manner during a campaign, it's silly to hold a comment like that for so long.

Unfortunately, FE, we all did. Sarah Palin was shoved down conservatives' throats like a pill to a dog...but let's face it, she was cotton candy. The Republicans used her to try and create a celebrity for the party, and her average every day mom routine, authentic or not, was nausea inducing. It was a blatant attempt at a rock star candidate, and it failed. I'm not attacking her credentials, because I feel she's a very intelligent person. You don't get where she's at being stupid, and I feel from what I've seen she's a successful, upstanding person. But I go back to my cotton candy comment...looks good, tastes good, but dissolves quickly. That run was, at least on Mccain's part, a big Doh! and an epic fail at a campaign.

I'm not direspecting her accomplishments, intelligence, or record, but I don't feel as a voter (and yes, I do have an unbiased opinion of my candidates) that she was qualified in any way to run this country. Neither did I feel so about Obama, but damned if you damned if you don't, and I can't stand John Mccain, so that really was a lose/lose election for me.

Naa, Just keep talking about how "dumb" she is... That makes you look Oh, so smart, especially after you demean women as objects with your earlier statements.

Many of  you guys have NO class.

Oh get off it man, for real...I'm gonna bet you NEVER EVER EVER EVER said you thought a girl was hot, or man, I'd hit that. And if not good for you...but as for me, I'd totally tap it. This is a paintball forum inhabited by mostly college age guys that are very up front about their sexuality...I recommend NOT getting bent out of shape over some obviously joking comments made about a girl. Sarah Palin is hot...and need I remind you, she knows it. She wasn't parading her ass around in a swim suit in hopes that men would see her and pray more...she's banked on her looks quite a bit, right down to recent times. If anything, it goes back to my aforemention dislike of the strategy used in that campaign.

And no ability to think for yourself, you just buy the media's hype, hook, line, and sinker. (see if you were witty, that would be funny as Palin's husband is a fisherman, but me having to explain it just ruins it...)

Comments like this make me imagine you shoving your head up your own anus to enjoy a flatulation (if you were witty and watched South Park you'd get it, but me having to explain it just ruins it really...).

While yeah, there are plenty of people on this forum that love jumping on Ben / Susan / I dunno (:P)'s band wagon, there are also those that are intelligent people that just so happen to think along the lines of the liberal media.

People with attitudes like you often display on this forum choose sarcasm and arrogance over instruction. You often reference Christ in your posts, and Scripture, but I somehow don't imagine him excercising an air of superiority over the people he spoke to.

Got news for you, being conservative doesn't make you right, it makes you right in your own eyes. I once followed your line of thinking as well...them damn liberals always listening to their rhetoric spewing masters...but I've come to understand that you can be conservative and excercise and a progressive, open minded attitude. The first step to overcoming your opposition in politics is respecting it. Here, I see you fail every time you type up a "witty" (read smart ass) response to one of the forumers who generally (and wrongfully) dog you with stupidity at every turn.

I recommend an attitude check-you're smarter than your tactics, FE, I'm fairly confident of that.

She is the first "politician" that I have seen besides Reagan, that actually cares about more than herself.

I find this quote premature and naive on several levels. Again, I refer you back to the "you're smarter than that" comment above.

The country is weaker since Obama took over, we have now had another terrorist attack on our soil, because of the "new" political correct standards that this administration pushes. Which put us in danger from radical islamic religion, but lets not talk about it, and pretend everything is fine...

Hmm, well I'm guessing you're ignoring the fact that this man has been in the military through I believe 4 different administrations, and was being negatively analyzed through the military's ranks through all of them.

And I guess you qualify president Bush as a "weak" president as well, since using your logic the worst terrorist attacks occured, and with some frequency, during his administration?

This is old, immature political logic. You can't add A+B to get C in politics, sometimes crap just happens. Am I a raging Obama fan? Hell no, I disagree with him at almost every front. But I recognize, especially after dealing with the liberal BS that I dealt with during Bush's terms, that the president doesn't control every evil and good thing that happens.

Palin quit in Alaska, because the liberal attack dogs were going after her daily with new baseless ethics charges, which made it impossible for her to get anything done to help Alaska... So by quitting she let her next in line take over, as he had the same goals for the State.

You see that as a failure, I see that as a success for Alaska, which should be the goal of a politician. Not personal gain, but good for the public.

I want to make a point here, completely aside from Palin's political martyrdom in Alaska.

STOP PITYING PALIN. Everyone's been jumping to her defense, cries of "stop attacking Sarah's family it's horribly OMG", but Palin threw her family to the same dogs that attack her every day. She ran on family values, used her family as a billboard for her aforementioned school mom status, and it backfired right in her face with her daughter's sex life.

It you throw your family into the media, the media will devour them. If you don't want your family in the media, I recommend leaving them at home.

Off topic, but a pet annoyance I've mine with fellow conservatives as of late.

See the way you can tell if someone is sincere is how they look at the current unemployment figures.

If you see the figures as around 10% unemployment, then you side with the current administration.

If you see the figures as much higher unemployment, (taking in all the people that have stopped looking for jobs, or taken part time jobs as they were dying on unemployment and a little is better than nothing) Then you are looking at the facts of this recession.

The media and administration and most politicians use the 10% figure... I would imagine most on this board also use the 10% figure...

Palin uses the higher figures, she said in an interview yesterday it was closer to 17% when you take in the issues I talked about.

Um, I don't really know what to say to that. Someone is most certainly sincere if they call out the truth on a singular subject?

The other issue, is the liberal media's attack on Palin.

The unpartial AP put 11 reporters on the factcheck assignment of her new book.

How many did they put on Obama's book?

How many did they put on Bidens book?

How many did they put on Kennedy's book?

Nice bias.

Again, throwing yourself into the spotlight. You have no idea how many conservative media and Internet groups have been blasting this book in an attempt to make it front page news, so of course, front page news gets AP attention.

I didn't hear a whole lot of hype around the other books, not saying it wasn't there, just saying in recent memory I don't remember many books by a political figure receiving as much plugging and hype as this one. Drudge certainly applied large doses of red letter appeal to it.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 4:10pm

I just want to say that this is completely untrue.

I take my impressions of her based on "Who's Nailin' Paylin?", nothing else.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

I take my impressions of her based on "Who's Nailin' Paylin?", nothing else.

SEEN IT.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic