FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sarah Palin shouts out to me...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 10:02pm
To bad there is not an adult out there that could run the US. Neither party has a true leader anywhere in the mix. The Democrats just have a weaker set of nobody's in thier crowd. Palin would be a good VP, ala Biden, but for a republican presidential candidate, closest we have is Duncan Hunter.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

It is funny that most of you here drank the Obama kool-aid and we see the result,

I don't see any results yet

.yet immediately throw Palin into I hate you because you are a (R) pile. I hate palin because she is a blabbering idiot. "I can see russia from my house" 

A differant message, maybe one that will work Maybe, but she is too stupid to lead her own state as governor, She resigned for not being able to handle press? Maybe there was another reason but if that was it how could she be president?,

but NO, you were told by your 'big brother' that all (R's) are bad, Who told me this? I don't think Republicans are bad. I just wish the crazies would stop representing the party. who is this Big Brother? Nice way to equate the country to evil communism again

.as the country is circling the bowl as we speak. Is it? From the perspective of who?

Obama sold out to the special interests, lobbists and all the people he promised he would not, Name some times where this happened.

and raised the debt 4X Started under Bush. Would have happened anyway. How much did your precious Republican president raise the debt with this endless "war on terror"?

and no-one here want to even discuss a differant approach. As I said in my first post in this thread: "
Where does Palin have the experience to open her mouth about any thing she says? At least Obama is currently president and has 223331313123 advisors to tell him things he doesn't know due to his lack of experience." A different approach is good when not from her.

And you all refuse to believe the the Obama "Cult of Personality" has you. Does it? Are you sure about this?

Also, Palin should be out of the public. She is trying to say Newsweek is sexist for using a picture of her on their cover. Oh jesus they used an out of context picture of you in shorts. Cry.
Que pasa?

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 10:12pm

but NO, you were told by your 'big brother' that all (R's) are bad

There's a problem here, yes there is. Before I ever understood or cared for who was in what party and what they stood for(it wasn't that long ago that I had no clue) I would have no impression of a politician prior to his speaking before me on television. When I started getting interested, I started looking these people up. Nobody needed to tell me that some of these people were assholes, they spoke for themselves. And unfortunately, among any group of people, the assholes get the most attention. More examples of assholery appeared on the R side than the D side when I started figuring out what person was on what side. The values that I have are constantly attacked by the GOP, and I earned my values without political or religious influence.

I suspect the case is the same for most of the more moderate people here.

The reason anybody doesn't call out their own side on issues is pride. Nobody wants to support the wrong party. Nobody wants to admit they are wrong. We're all those people.

And in any case, the "big brother" accusation is Palin comparison to the sentiments of the McCarthy era... An era whose effects lingeried well into the childhoods of some of the grand older blokes of the forum. (I couldn't resist Big smile)
Ben Grimm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Grimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 10:23pm

To bad there is not an adult out there that could run the US. Neither party has a true leader anywhere in the mix. The Democrats just have a weaker set of nobody's in thier crowd. Palin would be a good VP, ala Biden,

I think the issue here perhaps is the question of what exactly it means to be a "true leader" - at least in the context of the Presidency.

Clearly Obama is no Reagan.  On the Reagan-scale of leadership, Obama scores very low, while Bush Jr. did reasonably well.  The Reagan-scale might also be called the John Wayne scale, or the Stand Up and Scowl At Your Enemies scale.  This type of leader is kind of the US version of a "strongman."

On the other hand, Obama is doing quite well by different measures.  He is encouraging rational discussion at home and abroad, and supporting cooperation over confrontation.  He is demonstrating that the US can be a humble country as well as a strong country.

There are many ways to lead.  Different approaches work better in different circumstances.  Judging all leaders by a single measure is a mistake.

But with Palin it isn't a matter of leadership but of simply lacking the mental firepower for the job.

It's Clobberin' Time!
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 10:37pm
OS, thats not nice. I have nothing against republicans in general, I hate Palin because she's an idiot.

I'm not huge on obama either, so it has nothing to do with that.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 10:46pm
I don't hate her because she's a Republican. In fact, there are quite a few Republicans that have my respect. I hate her because she's a moron that has nothing of substance to say about politics, and needs to quit jumping back into the media spotlight. She isn't relevant and just needs to go away.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

I don't hate her because she's a Republican. In fact, there are quite a few Republicans that have my respect. I hate her because she's a moron that has nothing of substance to say about politics, and needs to quit jumping back into the media spotlight. She isn't relevant and just needs to go away.
This.

Forum Vice President
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 11:04pm
Kinda like Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Hilary Clinton, etc on the D side, it appears brains are not required for females in office.

Palin is relevant for she is the counter to the Obama Cult of Personality form of leadership. Obama had no idea of what he got himself into, and the individuals he surrounded himself with are making it that much harder. The simple fact checking of official websites, and real background checks of ther individuals around him and groups that support him (acorn)could of prevented a lot of the presumptions of him being a puppet. Still sitting on the troops to Afghanistan finger in the wind decesion making process, resembles Clintons poll driven foriegn policy. Be it right or wrong do something, indecesion in a time of war shows poor leadership skills in the face of real pressure. Foriegn service mistakes (bowing to world leaders, something the founders addressed, the US would never bow to a foriegn member of Royalty) are showing the world what Obama truely is made of.

I liked Palin from the get go, she was the balance for McCain, and yes a rogue, something the election system needed. A good looking mother (with actual mother problems, very few family's are problem free)and a seated Govonor. The drifting that the media did, could have been done on any candidate, but the media was afraid to touch the Obama as a person based on many social fears. Obama is not a great speaker, he is a good teleprompter reader of other peoples thoughts (speech writers). ANd to hear him free speak he is not as articulate as many think he is, maybe falls into the same catagory of idiot as many of you place Palin is, only he speaks the kool-aid you want to hear.

2008 was a lose/lose election, 2010 will start the pendulum swing back past center and to the right, and 2012 unless Obama pulls a miricle will be 1968 (I will not seek, nor accept...)Johnson thrown under the bus and a new Democrat candidate put foward. And the Party will cut his legs out from under him as soon as it realizes they will not win with Obama as candidate in 2012, more than likely if the D's lose the majority in house and Senate Obama is done.
Ben Grimm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Grimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 11:28pm

Kinda like Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Hilary Clinton, etc on the D side, it appears brains are not required for females in office.

Well, I can't speak for all of those, but Hillary Clinton is really, really smart.

And Pelosi and Waters have not yet run for (Vice) President.  When they do, I will measure them against that standard.  Palin is smart enough to be in Congress, as far as I am concerned, but that isn't a very high standard.

Quote The simple fact checking of official websites

Now, let's be straight here.  What happened was that the administration, in an effort to be more computery, has been exploring different ways to get online, and one of the things they have done is to make things more interactive - for instance, in this case, they take feel-good stories of stimulus success from internet submitters, and post those stories on the web site.  This program is just one of many such interactive features of the various administration internet efforts.  Fact-checking everything that gets posted in this manner is not "simple". Yes, it should have been done, but it is no small and easy feat.

Quote , and real background checks of ther individuals around him

Who do you think uncovered all the shenanigans?  The Obama background-check crew, that's who.  With most administrations, this kind of problem usually comes out too late and at the hand of political opponents.  It is my understanding that Obama's people have a more thorough background check procedure than any other administration in the history of this country.

Quote ...could of prevented a lot of the presumptions of him being a puppet.

Who thinks he is a puppet?  And whose puppet?  I have heard many criticisms of the President, but this is a new one to me.

Quote Still sitting on the troops to Afghanistan finger in the wind decesion making process

Here I agree that he is dithering.  He needs to make a decision (and the decision needs to be to send the troops).

Quote Foriegn service mistakes (bowing to world leaders, something the founders addressed, the US would never bow to a foriegn member of Royalty) are showing the world what Obama truely is made of.

Indeed.  And I for one APPLAUD the President for bowing to Saudi and Japanese royalty.  It shows that humility that GW talked about but never displayed; it shows that we are not all Dick; it shows respect; it shows courtesy.

Sure, the jingoists are going nuts over it - GOOD.  The jingoists have caused immeasurable damage to this country in the past 8 years, and we need to start fixing things a bit.

I don't view these as diplomacy mistakes; I view them as diplomacy genius.

Quote I liked Palin from the get go

So did I - and then she started talking.

Quote Obama is not a great speaker, he is a good teleprompter reader of other peoples thoughts (speech writers).

I do believe you are giving him very short thrift there.  He didn't always have speechwriters - or teleprompters.

Quote ANd to hear him free speak he is not as articulate as many think he is, maybe falls into the same catagory of idiot as many of you place Palin is, only he speaks the kool-aid you want to hear.

To the contrary, it is when he is unprompted that he is at his best.  It was the unprompted moments that sold me on him.  Those unprompted moments display his true intelligence, just like those moments display Palin's lack thereof.

What ultimately sold me on Obama was specifically that he is really smart.  He is a rational and intelligent human being who is capable of seeing nuance.  He is a thinking man.  Palin, as far as I can tell from her unscripted moments, is the opposite of all of those, and it was her unscripted moments that convinced me of her unsuitability for office.

Quote 2008 was a lose/lose election

Actually, I thought 2008 gave us two of the strongest candidates for President we have seen in a very long time.  Palin made it easy - until she showed up it was a very tough call on who to support.  2008 was a clear win-win, but for the possibility of President Palin.

Quote 2010 will start the pendulum swing back past center and to the right, and 2012 unless Obama pulls a miricle will be 1968 (I will not seek, nor accept...)Johnson thrown under the bus and a new Democrat candidate put foward. And the Party will cut his legs out from under him as soon as it realizes they will not win with Obama as candidate in 2012, more than likely if the D's lose the majority in house and Senate Obama is done.

You have made this prediction before, and I tell you know - I will take ANY WAGER you care to name - ANY - that Obama will be the Democratic nominee for President in 2012, barring death or incapacitating illness.
It's Clobberin' Time!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 11:57pm
Ben, during a scene in Bill Maher's Religulous, one of our congressman makes the statement 'you don't have to pass an I.Q. test to be in the senate.' He was trying to be funny, but its a very sad, very concerning truth.

Edited by __sneaky__ - 18 November 2009 at 12:13am

Forum Vice President
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 1:04am

It is funny that most of you here drank the Obama kool-aid and we see the result, yet immediately throw Palin into I hate you because you are a (R) pile. A differant message, maybe one that will work, but NO, you were told by your 'big brother' that all (R's) are bad, as the country is circling the bowl as we speak. Obama sold out to the special interests, lobbists and all the people he promised he would not, and raised the debt 4X and no-one here want to even discuss a differant approach. And you all refuse to believe the the Obama "Cult of Personality" has you.

As opposed to your open and accepting views of (D's)? Again, you confuse politician hate as party/ideology hate.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 2:19am
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Ben, during a scene in Bill Maher's Religulous, one of our congressman makes the statement 'you don't have to pass an I.Q. test to be in the senate.' He was trying to be funny, but its a very sad, very concerning truth.

Damn, I was going to post this.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 7:47am

Wow, you guys are a lesson in talking points for the liberal media.

So Palin said "I can see Russia from my house"...

REALLY?...

Wow, no wonder you think that she is dumb.

Maybe you should actually listen to Palin, and make your huge assumptions based on HER words instead of a SNL parody of her...

Naa, Just keep talking about how "dumb" she is... That makes you look Oh, so smart, especially after you demean women as objects with your earlier statements.

Many of  you guys have NO class.

And no ability to think for yourself, you just buy the media's hype, hook, line, and sinker. (see if you were witty, that would be funny as Palin's husband is a fisherman, but me having to explain it just ruins it...)

She is the first "politician" that I have seen besides Reagan, that actually cares about more than herself. Obama is a perfect example of this, he cares not for the troops dying while he tries to make up his mind about what to do in afghanistan... He just wants to make the "right" decision... Which in war there often isn't a "right" decision. People die either way, and you waiting to make some decision and sticking to it... is even worse, as it shows how little you care for the soldier on the ground. He might as well bring the troops home now, he will fail with this inability to make a decision... How many troops we lose while he dithers is the sad part. How many kids will lose their parents because of this weak president?

The country is weaker since Obama took over, we have now had another terrorist attack on our soil, because of the "new" political correct standards that this administration pushes. Which put us in danger from radical islamic religion, but lets not talk about it, and pretend everything is fine...

Palin quit in Alaska, because the liberal attack dogs were going after her daily with new baseless ethics charges, which made it impossible for her to get anything done to help Alaska... So by quitting she let her next in line take over, as he had the same goals for the State.

You see that as a failure, I see that as a success for Alaska, which should be the goal of a politician. Not personal gain, but good for the public.

See the way you can tell if someone is sincere is how they look at the current unemployment figures.

If you see the figures as around 10% unemployment, then you side with the current administration.

If you see the figures as much higher unemployment, (taking in all the people that have stopped looking for jobs, or taken part time jobs as they were dying on unemployment and a little is better than nothing) Then you are looking at the facts of this recession.

The media and administration and most politicians use the 10% figure... I would imagine most on this board also use the 10% figure...

Palin uses the higher figures, she said in an interview yesterday it was closer to 17% when you take in the issues I talked about.

The other issue, is the liberal media's attack on Palin.

The unpartial AP put 11 reporters on the factcheck assignment of her new book.

How many did they put on Obama's book?

How many did they put on Bidens book?

How many did they put on Kennedy's book?

Nice bias.
They tremble at my name...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 8:25am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Wow, you guys are a lesson in talking points for the liberal media.

So Palin said "I can see Russia from my house"...

REALLY?...

Wow, no wonder you think that she is dumb.

Maybe you should actually listen to Palin, and make your huge assumptions based on HER words instead of a SNL parody of her...

Naa, Just keep talking about how "dumb" she is... That makes you look Oh, so smart, especially after you demean women as objects with your earlier statements.

Many of  you guys have NO class.

And no ability to think for yourself, you just buy the media's hype, hook, line, and sinker. (see if you were witty, that would be funny as Palin's husband is a fisherman, but me having to explain it just ruins it...)

Says the man who belongs to a religion where women were never allowed to have any authority and were viewed as possessions instead of people.

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 8:27am

New Testament source please for that little gem?...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 8:32am

New Testament source please for that little gem?...

I'll have to reply more fully when I get back from classes today, but we actually had an entire section devoted to this in bible class one year. Such a pleasant book, that bible.

Forum Vice President
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 8:46am

And no ability to think for yourself, you just buy the media's hype, hook, line, and sinker.

The knee, it is made of iron.

Also, saw this in the school's paper this morning.

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 9:08am

I'm fully aware of what she actually said. I'm also at a loss as to how being governor of a state near another country gives you foreign policy experience.

The other issue, is the liberal media's attack on Palin.

The unpartial AP put 11 reporters on the factcheck assignment of her new book.

How many did they put on Obama's book?

How many did they put on Bidens book?

How many did they put on Kennedy's book?

None of those books had the hype upon release that Palin's book, even Kennedy's.

Not to mention that the AP wanted to get the book fact checked before the release of the book, so they didn't have very long, thus assigning it to more people in chunks.

Also, Palin has been known to "go rogue" with the truth quite a bit. That probably factored into the fact-checking quite a bit.

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 9:20am
Whale, its cute how you always side with the media even when faced with obvious bias...

Its good to know they can do no wrong in your eyes. But, you have to be careful, as it is telling of your allegences...

btw, cnn is good at being "fair" when pulling focus groups too...

guess they are "non" biased too...
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 9:24am

Whale, its cute how you always side with the media even when faced with obvious bias...

The reverse is actually true.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic