FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

US Soldier Mom refuses deployment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 12:27am
I think the 30 days was to have a family care plan implemented, not give up custody.  I know for single parents to join the used to have to give up custody, but I'm not sure if that still applies.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 10:06am
You sign a power of attoney giving the custodial rights to the care plan giver for the duration of your deployment. All that does is give the care giver all parental rights such as medical care, or any legal decesions needed during the deployment. In the case of the parant (single) dieing in service while deployed the standard home state child services adoption/delegation of care for minor child laws come into effect. Custory of the minor child stays with servicemember during deployment, just a POA gives caregiver all legal rights for the duration of deployment.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic