FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WW2 in HD:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WW2 in HD:
    Posted: 17 November 2009 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

Some great footage, but I'm not a huge fan of some of the ways it's cut together. I still think the World at War is the better documentary series. Nice to see a war documentary that shows the war as it looked in the photos my grandpa keeps in his sock drawer instead of a bad John Wayne movie.

I LIKE bad John Wayne movies.....of course I realize that they weren't made with accuracy in mind so much as entertainment, but I like them all the same.

"In Harm's Way".......One of my favorite movies of all time.

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 3:31pm
Some great footage, but I'm not a huge fan of some of the ways it's cut together. I still think the World at War is the better documentary series. Nice to see a war documentary that shows the war as it looked in the photos my grandpa keeps in his sock drawer instead of a bad John Wayne movie.
Dunbar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 2:23pm

Saw it last night. It was freakin' amazing.

Edited by Dunbar - 17 November 2009 at 2:24pm
If it's not my problem I'm making it my problem
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 1:29pm
War is not a video game contrary to popular belief. This series shows what it was like and as it was, not the current PC version the media sends back to the US for whatever agenda they are pushing. The Ernie Pyles of war correpondant is gone for good in todays political agenda reporting. Look how fasinated kids are today for MW2 and other war shooters, and they shift that concept to the real thing. Many think war is a nintendo exercise with all the technology available, still as in WW2, War is an exercise in human brutality, and horror.

Excellant series.

To not learn from history means you are destined to repeat it.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 6:53am
It really is some great stuff. For history channel to show actual footage of executions and some other pretty graphic stuff- wow. 

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 1:18am
Watched 10 minutes last night. Meh.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 12:54am
One of those things I'd like to watch, but I know I'm not going to. Maybe I'll torrent them at a later date.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 12:46am
If you haven't been watching these past two nights, make sure you catch up tomorrow and then check out the next two episodes starting at 9PM on the history channel. Amazing stuff.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic