FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the no spin zone!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome to the no spin zone!
    Posted: 11 November 2009 at 1:15pm
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 2:57pm
So much win.

BU Engineering 2012
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 3:24pm
The amount of win in that video just blew my mind.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 3:59pm
Que pasa?

scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 10:42pm
I am absolutely gobsmacked that a "news" channel would attempt something like this.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

I am absolutely gobsmacked that a "news" channel would attempt something like this.

It wouldn't.

scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 10:59pm
Aha I see.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:01pm
I just wish that ABC/NBC/CBS/MSNBC/CNN were put under the same scutiny for thier 'stories' of questionable content. But that will not happen for they conform to the approved belief system, where FOX does not.

Not condoning the action, just wish that the whole media was put to the same standard. The amount of abuse the media in whole use in following thier beliefs and agendas has turned our media into a joke.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 12:42pm
I think you missed the times where Jon Stewart makes fun of CNN. 
Que pasa?

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

I just wish that ABC/NBC/CBS/MSNBC/CNN were put under the same scutiny for thier 'stories' of questionable content.

Who is not holding them responsible?
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

I just wish that ABC/NBC/CBS/MSNBC/CNN were put under the same scutiny for thier 'stories' of questionable content.

Who is not holding them responsible?

YOU, AND JON STEWART...AND...AND...EVERYONE!
BU Engineering 2012
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 1:30pm

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 2:01pm
hmm, never see the liberal media apologize like that when they mess up.

Interesting.
They tremble at my name...
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 2:24pm
Weak apology. He brushed off an attempt to deceive people as a mistake like he had too much unlabeled rally footage lying around.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 2:36pm
yes, because when pulling footage off a server, and it being labeled "protest at capital". Its so easy to pull the right stuff...

At least understand how the news/broadcast TV works. This type of thing happens all the time... Its not like they went and pulled a tape from two months ago. The editor pulled it from a server, based on the name on the footage... Which hardly ever has dates on it, just content.

Most likely whoever edited the package messed up, not the host of the show.

Bet a producer got a lashing on that one...
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

yes, because when pulling footage off a server, and it being labeled "protest at capital". Its so easy to pull the right stuff...

At least understand how the news/broadcast TV works. This type of thing happens all the time... Its not like they went and pulled a tape from two months ago. The editor pulled it from a server, based on the name on the footage... Which hardly ever has dates on it, just content.

Most likely whoever edited the package messed up, not the host of the show.

Bet a producer got a lashing on that one...
Spend much time working on news shows do ya?

I find it funny that its always inexcusable that the liberal shows put their twists in on stories and when fox does it, it was an honest mistake.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

The editor pulled it from a server, based on the name on the footage...

It most likely wasn't an editor putting together a back package. Probably was a poorly-paid and pushed around intern, only making matters worse. As scary as it is, you are right about the dates. That is all around. My friend works in the news department for NBC, nothing is labeled correctly.

There are lots of things to get mad at Fox News for. This just is not one of them. If you want to get mad, look at Fox's attempts to pass off these protests as a "home grown grass roots effort."
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Spend much time working on news shows do ya?

Actually, yes... I did. I worked as a producer/director and editor at ETV in Tulsa Ok. I was also a steadycam operator, and did lighting and camera work on all kinds of events.

And I worked for Fairview AFX where I sold editing systems to broadcast news stations, as well as edit suites all over Oklahoma, Ark, and Texas. I also did the installation and training.

From that experience I am pretty sure I know how this can and does happen...

I've worked on major motion pictures, and many prime time live and prerecorded events on tv as well.

Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 3:49pm
Once, again, it's sad that it takes a satire show to keep our so-called cable "news" in check.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Once, again, it's sad that it takes a satire show to keep our so-called cable "news" in check.

Hannity isn't so much news, as an opinion piece on a news network.

But agreed that on occasions Stewart has made some good calls. I disagree with about 80% of everything he says, and I think he's just as guilty of fabricating his opinions, but he definately does his research.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic