FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the no spin zone!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 8:21pm
Jon Stewart is comedy, not news.

He should be treated as such.

Keep laughing.
BU Engineering 2012
Ben Grimm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Grimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Hannity isn't so much news, as an opinion piece on a news network.

Then you would enjoy the piece Jon Stewart did on Fox News and the distinction between their news and opinion segments.
It's Clobberin' Time!
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 1:46pm
I'm sure Jon Stewart is busy working on his piece about the fabricated photos of palin that MSNBC just ran...

Oh, wait... No he's not, is that the bias you speak of?

I'm sure an apology is eminent...  or not
They tremble at my name...
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

I'm sure Jon Stewart is busy working on his piece about the fabricated photos of palin that MSNBC just ran...

Repeat slowly.

Jon. Stewart. Is. A. Comedian. He. Is. Not. News.

Got that?

He doesn't get held to the same standard that the news is supposed to adhere to. Jon Stewart makes people laugh using current events, and he takes people to task when and if he feels like it and it suits his show. Having already tackled one fake photo that IS politically significant, it would be dull and repetitive for him to go after another one that is of negligible import to the public discourse. It's nice that Jon Stewart is an advocate of media responssibility, but that is not his raison d'etre.

If you think a fake photo of (now almost irrelevant) Palin in a bikini is as poilitically important and newsworthy as photos being claimed to be (and weren't) from a protest that was claimed to be massive (and wasn't) based on that photo evidence, then your priorities are all askew.

MSNBC screwed up and should be taken to task for it. The difference between this story and the healthcare protests, however, is that Sarah Palin is not politically significant other than as a curiosity.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Ben Grimm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Grimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 2:25pm

This comment - and OS' post from the previous page - make it very clear that you do not actually watch the Daily Show.

Jon Stewart does a pretty good job of brutalizing all of the cable news networks.  Ask Jim Kramer if he thinks The Daily Show only picks on Fox News.

It's Clobberin' Time!
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 4:03pm
His interview on Crossfire was priceless.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 4:05pm
I liked when he busted media nuts (get it mack?) you know the acorn story slamming the media for ignoring the story...

BTW, did you see that acorn is now suing the federal government for taking away their funding...

They tremble at my name...
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 11:58pm

I liked when he busted media nuts (get it mack?) you know the acorn story slamming the media for ignoring the story...

BTW, did you see that acorn is now suing the federal government for taking away their funding...

That's because that bill was probably unconstitutional...

The Congressional Research Service agrees.

Edited by mbro - 14 November 2009 at 12:13am

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic