Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DC Sniper Executed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ben Grimm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Grimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Well the "I dont care what he did, the death penalty is crap" statement kinda says that the DP is wrong in all cases.

You will note that I did not say that - that was Gatyr.

I do disagree with the death penalty in general, but not because it is always wrong - but rather that it is not always right.

But that is independent of the sanctity of life.  Many deaths are necessary and appropriate, but that does not render those deaths any less tragic.

It's Clobberin' Time!
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 12:17am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Well the "I dont care what he did, the death penalty is crap" statement kinda says that the DP is wrong in all cases.
Sometimes you need the stimulation of another person through a thin layer of skin to allow you to complete your objective. Now DVDA on the other hand...that's risky.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 1:25am
mbro, leave it to you to bring DVDA into a conversation about a guy getting death penalty'd.
///AMG What?
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 2:02am
Originally posted by Ben Grimm Ben Grimm wrote:

You will note that I did not say that - that was Gatyr.

Nein. I'm in the "The death penalty is crap when carried out on people with whom there is a shadow of a doubt" crowd.

Sadaam Hussein and tyrannical dictators of his sort are all good candidates for the death penalty because of the notoriety of their actions/crimes and the sheer amount of incontrovertible evidence that can be placed against them.

The DC sniper doesn't have evidence against him as convincing as was used against Hussein.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 8:53am
I'm generally against the death penalty, as Ben said because of the many cases out there of error.

Sometimes it's not the wrong in the penalty but the flaws in the system. Our justice system (as, I suppose the rest of the world's) is far from perfect, and in many cases the desire to avenge the crime outweighs the need to be 100% accurate.

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 12:36pm

I do disagree with the death penalty in general, but not because it is always wrong - but rather that it is not always right.

Probably the most concise way to put it. I concur.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Probably the most concise way to put it. I concur.

I think it's probably the most palatable way to put it.

Personally, I don't believe in the death penalty.  Period.

Seriously, what's worse, killing someone like Hitler, or shoving a pineapple up their butt every afternoon?
BU Engineering 2012
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 1:15pm
If Harvey Keitel wanted to shove a pineapple up this man every afternoon I would have let him have at it.

Also, I am with PP(or Ben or whatever name he is on). I am not against the death penalty because it is wrong to kill murderers, but because they may not always be guilty.(At least that is what I think he meant)

Killing a single innocent person is enough to make it wrong.

Que pasa?

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 2:56pm
BG, Gatyr, etc, nevermind me. I thoght Gatyr was stating that it is always wrong and is evil.

I believe that the DP is in a large "gray" area. I wouldnt want to make the choice.

Although, I believe that if you go on a sniper joyride and begin killing people, the DP is a fair choice.

The last soldier given the DP, however, was a young black man who raped an 11 year old girl. Before he was hung, the girl, her family, the soldier, and his family all pled for his life. Kennedy ignored the pleas, and I feel that was wrong.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 3:10pm
LOL DP
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 3:11pm
LOL
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

LOL DP
I ♣ hippies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic