FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uncharted 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rp Fr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
This title is just way too old

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  Rp Fr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uncharted 2
    Posted: 10 November 2009 at 6:01pm
Since we're talking about MW2 and gaming... I figured an Uncharted discussion was appropriate.

Anyone with a PS3, I highly recommend getting this game. I always been primarily a FPS player, so Uncharted 2's action/adventure gameplay was a nice change of pace.

I can honestly say that Uncharted 2 has probably the best storyline I have ever played through. The plot is well established in the beginning of the game through what feels like a movie, and it really holds your attention. It's not just your average save-the-world-from-the-bad-guys plot, and it involves many twists and surprises.

The graphics are stunning, and the game is played in a cinematic-style that is hard to describe, but I can assure you that it is awesome to play through. There were times when I was unsure whether I was actually controlling Drake or still watching a cut scene.

You travel to many different exotic locations (I was amazed when I looked around from high vantage points and saw how detailed, realistic, and simply incredibly the surrounding environments in the distance looked). Throughout the plot you meet numerous significant characters that all contribute to the plot, and of course there's some humorous past relationships between the characters (not the corny trash though).

The gameplay is seamless. Along with the seamless transition between cut-scenes and cinematic gameplay, there are no loading screen. You move from chapter to chapter without any loading screens or pauses of any sort.

The multiplayer is new to the Uncharted series, and they did a pretty good job. I was skeptical at first because I played Rainbow Six and I hated the 3rd person multiplayer, but Uncharted did a great job on it. It's third person and the cover system is great, although they made sure that you cannot line up shots while hiding behind cover and without aiming (the downfall of Rainbow Six multiplayer). The ranking system is fun and it'll take a while to get to the top rank, so it'll keep your attention.

There's not a whole lot of weapons to choose from but there's enough. You always start with an AK and a pistol. Throughout the maps you can pick up two alternate assault rifles, and there are single spawn locations for special weapons such as the Desert Eagle, rocket launcher, sniper rifle, and grenade launcher. You earn money through the games which allow you to purchase perks, characters, and taunts.

I didn't think much of Uncharted 2 until I saw a friend play it, and I was amazed. I've always been a first person shooter & multiplayer gamer, but this game's action/adventure gameplay and single player has really caught my attention.

Definitely a must have for all PS3 owners. Go check it out.

All the reviews I have seen has been at least 9/10, Gamespot gave it a 9.5/10 while its users gave it a 9.6/10

Edited by Rp Fr - 10 November 2009 at 6:04pm
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 7:56pm
Game Informer gave it 10/10, something I'd possibly never seen before.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic