FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Still Dodgin Bullets.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Still Dodgin Bullets.
    Posted: 09 November 2009 at 6:58pm
Reb, you will enjoy this. At @1745 the Bassets were barking and raising caine in the yard, I went down to the basement to open the door to let them in. Opened the door, dogs run past and "TWACK' a round hits the house and then the report of the rifle. Round entered house approximately 30feet to my right, entered garage, went through the wall into workroom, passed through and finally lodged in outer wall in a beam. Upon getting up, (reflex action, been shot at, know the drill) I killed the light behind me, and called the State Police. State Police arrived 20min later, and did all the investigation they could in the dark, will be back in AM and will do the trace back. Pretty sure round came out of the Winter over area of trailers in the Beaver Spring Campground, the line from the house traces back that direction.

SO the State Police get to do all sorts of forensic stuff and I get to watch, should be an interesting morning. According to the Statie this is not the first time shots fired from the trailers poaching deer after dark. Thats what I figure, some transient in trailer park poaching and a really bad shot, dogs were barking at deer, they do bed down below the pine trees between my house and the house to the west.

So I wonder if I get 'combat pay' again for living in NY.

Edited by oldsoldier - 09 November 2009 at 7:01pm
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 7:11pm
Whoever it was should have their guns taken away, and be barred from buying more. Sheer idiocy putting others at risk through irresponsibility. Glad it wasn't a person who was hit.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 7:22pm
Glad you weren't hit.

Didn't imagine you'd deserve combat pay in sleepy old New York, eh?
BU Engineering 2012
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 8:22pm
Gotta love our part of the state....LOL

I had someone come to me once claiming I hit their house while shooting. I didn't, because I wasn't shooting even remotely in their direction, and proved that to them, but it isn't all that uncommon up here. I had a neighbor who got a window shot out during hunting season once.

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 9:03pm
shoulda returned fire. A nice spray from an MG should keep their heads inside.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 9:26pm
I think if my neighbour EVER hit my house I'd press charges if I could. It's simply not cool for ANY bullet to be anywhere near me or my property.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

lol.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

lol.

I too LOL'ed.
BU Engineering 2012
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 9:52pm

Glad you werent shot, OS.

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

lol.

I too LOL'ed.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 10:32pm
not in the 315 are you?

good to know your reflexes and muscle memory still work eh?

though probably not one you want to use often...

saving the world, one warship at a time.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 8:12am
Do you still have your flak jacket and kevlar?  Wnat to borrow mine?  mandatory issue when traveling through the Bronx..
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 9:59am
State Police not here yet, but I just line up the holes of the travel of the bullet and it backtracks right to a traler in the Beaver Spring Compgrounds. Looks a lot differant in daylight. I am guessing a .30 cal by holes, high powered since I heard the impact sound before the report of the rifle, and passing through 3 walls and still buried pretty deep in a barnwood frame.

I do believe it was just a poaching attempt gone wrong.

But should be fun watching the forensic guys do thier thing.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 10:07am
We have an old rundown farm on the road behind my house, the teens that live there (wild children) used to shoot off their guns most weekends.

One day we were cutting hay on the tractor when a bullet pierced the hood! the "Thwack" was unmistakable and we hit the dirt.

More bullets followed.

I had my cell and called the cops. Turns out their "target" range had no backstops, and faced our property.

I think they got their guns taken away because that was about 2 years ago, and I haven't heard a gunshot from their direction since...

We hear gunshots almost every day out where we live. Its a normal part of life, "most" are very responsible.

It is a reminder that we all should be right with God, as we never know when our time is up here on earth.  
They tremble at my name...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 10:21am
Yea, there is a lot of shooting in this area too. The 'sand pit' down the road is a 'range' on weekends and the locals use it frequently. I do not, based on my 'military' weapons, and the unwanted attention that may be forthcoming. The pit is a deep recess so stray rounds not an issue. A lot of deer and wild turkey in area, and a lot of transients so poaching may be a readily available food source.

I am used to the idiots who use firearms questionably, but this idiot really pushed the limits in the shooting. Big lighted farmhouse in your line of sight, and missing or blow through is not an excuse. And not the first time under fire, and I know all about that 'magic' BB, when it is my time, its my time, till then I keep movin. And it was a bit freaky as I dropped as soon as I heard the impact, then immediately killed the light to my rear. Only then did I realize that I am now down, and getting up from a prone in my current condition (legs) was an interesting exercise.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 1:24pm
OS, it's interesting you meantion that,as I wondered the same about your legs. Seemed like your reaction time was speedy, as it was practically instinct at that point. Interesting stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic