FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$15,000 0r go directly to Jail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $15,000 0r go directly to Jail
    Posted: 07 November 2009 at 11:13pm
Under the new soon to be voted on health care plan:

http://republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=153583

Check your wallets, going to get a lot lighter paying for this fiasco. NOt only do you have to pay $15,000 for a policy, you have to pay more in taxes for others to have health care. So much for the promise.

Edited by oldsoldier - 07 November 2009 at 11:13pm
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by the letter the letter wrote:

The additional tax applies only to United States citizens and resident aliens.  The additional tax does not apply to those who are residents of the possessions or who are dependents, nor does it apply to those whose lapses in coverage are de minimis or those with religious conscience exemptions.  The additional tax does not apply if the maintenance of acceptable coverage would result in a hardship to the individual or if the person's income is below the threshold for filing a Federal income tax return.

There are cases, including religious, that exempt you from the tax and coverage.  But really, you are complaining about people being punished for tax evasion.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 12:46am
Damn Obama making tax evasion illegal.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 3:46am
A decent healthcare plan costs like $20k plus, doesn't it?

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

$15k is probably on the cheap side, yes.
BU Engineering 2012
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 10:47am
My parents don't have that extra 15 grand to throw around, personally.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

$15k is probably on the cheap side, yes.

So I guess I am confused. Why is thing so terrible?

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 6:27pm
Because apparently health insurance is something people actually don't want.
BU Engineering 2012
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

Because apparently health insurance is something people actually don't want to pay for.

Fix'd.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Subtract what they currently pay for health insurance first.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Stop being logical whale, just H8!
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Stop being logical whale, just H8!

In that case, I heard there will be death panels to kill grandma.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 7:06pm
Just remmeber within the bill is a cost chart, if the cost vs longevity does not equate, health care for the elderly (the largest health care cost in the nation)may end up being deemed fiscally inappropiate, and only a 'maintenece' treatment (ease painfree into death) may be allowed. Not quite a "Death Panel" but once you get up here in age, closest thing to Soylent Green there is.

If grandma is 91 and failing, do you really believe that the health care system is going to sink a couple hundred thouseand into her to extend her life, oh maybe 6 months. Don't think so. How long will they attempt for cancer remission, before they say too expensive?
You have a dibilitating stroke, and in coma, where is the new mandated government line on health care costs, balancing whether patient come out of coma, and quality of life post stroke, is it a good financial 'risk'?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 7:10pm
OH and if you are one of the couple million who by choice do not have health care insurance based on thier healthy lifestyle, where is that $15,000 going to come from in todays economic conditions?

And the promise of no middle class tax hikes, or change in lifestyle to fund this fiasco, $15,000 can be quite a hit for those not currently insured, by choice.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Originally posted by the letter the letter wrote:

The additional tax applies only to United States citizens and resident aliens.  The additional tax does not apply to those who are residents of the possessions or who are dependents, nor does it apply to those whose lapses in coverage are de minimis or those with religious conscience exemptions.  The additional tax does not apply if the maintenance of acceptable coverage would result in a hardship to the individual or if the person's income is below the threshold for filing a Federal income tax return.

There are cases, including religious, that exempt you from the tax and coverage.  But really, you are complaining about people being punished for tax evasion.
Even tho I'm an atheist, can I just make up a philisophical ideal and then become exempt? Big smile
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

If grandma is 91 and failing, do you really believe that the health care system is going to sink a couple hundred thouseand into her to extend her life, oh maybe 6 months. Don't think so. How long will they attempt for cancer remission, before they say too expensive?
You have a dibilitating stroke, and in coma, where is the new mandated government line on health care costs, balancing whether patient come out of coma, and quality of life post stroke, is it a good financial 'risk'?

Can you back any of this up please? Or is this just more "what if" paranoia with no basis?
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

OH and if you are one of the couple million who by choice do not have health care insurance based on thier healthy lifestyle, where is that $15,000 going to come from in todays economic conditions?

And the promise of no middle class tax hikes, or change in lifestyle to fund this fiasco, $15,000 can be quite a hit for those not currently insured, by choice.

I don't drive, when will i be able to deem that based on my lifestyle, I no longer feel like paying taxes for roads?

Furthermore, I never plan on having my house set on fire since I live a cautious lifestyle. Why do I have to pay for firefighters?

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 8:11pm
I haven't been in public school for 5 years, why should I help fund them?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 8:13pm
Quote According to the Congressional Budget Office the lowest cost family non-group plan under the Speakerís bill would cost $15,000 in 2016.

So, it'd be $15k for a FAMILY without any grouping. This means that it would be the worst possible scenario which isn't likely to happen.

Nowhere in your link does it state what constitutes a family plan or how grouping works OS.

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 8:15pm
Has anyone seen a breakdown of estimated costs per year for a couple of different possible family sizes and income levels?

For that matter, can anyone actually summarize exactly what this bill *does*?
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic