FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cop and tazer overkill.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 11:58pm
We still don't know what happened before.

Edited by Rofl_Mao - 07 November 2009 at 11:58pm
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Nothing possibly could have happened before to warrant that course of action.  If you can think of something, feel free to share.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 2:17am

You don't seem to be getting the message.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 2:30am
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

You don't seem to be getting the message.

Thats a first
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 3:18am

Looks like he was talking back...remember that time cops were allowed to electrocute someone for talking back?

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Nothing possibly could have happened before to warrant that course of action.† If you can think of something, feel free to share.

That will hold up in court.
Flurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 11:35am
ok guys, we are getting into a lot of what if's.  We do know that the suspect had his hands on the hood of the patrol vehicle and the officer walked up and hit him with the taser.  It appears that the suspect was talking with the officer.  That is all we know right now.

The way it looks from the vid.  The officer APPEARS to be in the wrong.  As I said before there are officers who will use force with out justification.  There are bad cops out there.

This officer MAY have known this suspect.  This suspect  MAY be known to carry weapons.  This suspect MAY be known for fighting for fighting / assaulting officers.  The suspect MAY have said someting along the lines of "I'll only go back in a bodybag." 

Like I said there are a lot of may be's and what if's.  Without knowing what happened prior we can play the armchair QB all day and night long.  I don't know what happened before the vid so I can't defend or condem the officer.  I will not say that he did right or wrong with out knowing what he knew at the time of the incident.
It sucks being antisocial alone.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 12:05pm
I suspect if the guy said he was only going back in a body bag, or was going to shank the cop, he would have probly made some kind of a move by now instead of standing there with his hands on the hood of the car.

Forum Vice President
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 12:09pm
Eville and I are both criminal justice majors, we know what we're talking about when it comes to tasing a damn suspect who isn't resisting.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Eville and I are both criminal justice majors, we know what we're talking about when it comes to tasing a damn suspect who isn't resisting.

So, you've read this stuff in books, have no real world experience with it, but you're an expert on the subject?

Note, this isn't saying that I agree with tasering* unarmed suspects or that the cop was right in this instance.  I just have an issue with the statement made above.

*Verbed . . . just for Whale.  Big smile**
**I'd have added an adjective with "ly" on the end if I could have made it make sense in my statement.
Flurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 2:55pm
I didn't say the Officer was correct in the matter. 
Sneaky:  a lot of the time a suspect will start to resist when the officer is attempting to handcuff him.  Yes a lot of suspects will run, but some will do what they are told untill the officer attempts to put the cuffs on...then the fight is on.

As I said in my last statement.  "I' will not say he did right or wrong without knowing what he knew at the time."
It sucks being antisocial alone.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Flurry Flurry wrote:

I didn't say the Officer was correct in the matter. 
Sneaky:  a lot of the time a suspect will start to resist when the officer is attempting to handcuff him.  Yes a lot of suspects will run, but some will do what they are told untill the officer attempts to put the cuffs on...then the fight is on.

As I said in my last statement.  "I' will not say he did right or wrong without knowing what he knew at the time."
Until he starts to fight back, he has absolutely no excuse to use that taser.

Forum Vice President
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 3:20pm
I wonder what this cops high score on wii bowling is?

Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 3:23pm
"On April 30, police say Ruiz standing on a planter near the Second Precinct headquarters. He was accused of throwing a landscaping brick at a police officer's personal car."

Obviously still don't have the full story, but it looks to me like the cop was trying to get a little personal revenge on the suspect.  The suspect claims he wasn't resisting at all before that, as credible as that may be.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

I wonder what this cops high score on wii bowling is?
I lol'd

Forum Vice President
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Yet me, who is a CJ major further into studies and with a degree, CJ explorer for 2 years, a working EMT, and a soon-to-be Paramedic, knows nothing according to you? I have actual real-world implementation of what I learned, so does that instantly mean I'm right and you're wrong?

Don't use education to back your view up if you don't know the facts surrounding the case, which you, sir, do not.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 10:41pm
No need for facts when a man is standing there with his hands on the vehicle.
Que pasa?

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 10:43pm
Oh, so you can believe everything you see on tape nowadays without question?

Good to know.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Oh, so you can believe everything you see on tape nowadays without question?

Good to know.
Well of course, the police edit their video tapes to make their officers look bad all the time.
*Edit W00t! Platinum baby! Don't know if that calls for joy, or a deep internal sorrow.*

Edited by __sneaky__ - 09 November 2009 at 12:16am

Forum Vice President
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 12:57am
Yet, it was the lawyer of the supposed victim here that turned over a blatantly short videotape that shows the seconds just before and just after the incident, and nothing else... as if they were trying to hide something themselves.

Funny.

Edited by Linus - 09 November 2009 at 12:58am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic