FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cop and tazer overkill.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 11:07pm
Neither letter ever gets umlauts. Thus they are not cool.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 12:22am
2 things need to be known before anyone can make any judgment on the video:

1) What led up to the situation that the tape shows (because it's obvious that the lawyer did what he could to make it seem unprovoked)

2) The departments policy on Taser use, and their use of force continuum.

Before that info is available, I will not make a view for or against what happened, and neither should anyone else.

But alas, any attempt at a logical view will be thrashed by the cop-haters that are ever present on this forum who view anything other than a cop giving out roses as police brutality.

Edited by Linus - 07 November 2009 at 12:23am

Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 12:28am
Using a Taser on a subdued suspect who is posing no threat is not warranted.  The man was just standing there against the car.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 12:29am
Again:

Show me the whole video, and show me the departments use of force policy regarding the Taser. Until then, you are unqualified at stating what is and is not warranted under their polices.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 12:46am
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

But alas, any attempt at a logical view will be thrashed by the cop-lovers that are ever present on this forum who view anything other than a cop murdering someone as police policy.

Fixed?
Que pasa?

Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 12:46am
Who is to say that he was actually shocked when the cop put it on this neck in the first place? He might have just had it there as a precaution, and then the suspect freaked out?

Edited by Monk - 07 November 2009 at 12:47am
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Who is to say that he was actually shocked when the cop put it on this neck in the first place? He might have just had it there as a precaution, and then the suspect freaked out?
Are you serious?
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 12:56am
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

2 things need to be known before anyone can make any judgment on the video:

1) What led up to the situation that the tape shows (because it's obvious that the lawyer did what he could to make it seem unprovoked)

2) The departments policy on Taser use, and their use of force continuum.

Before that info is available, I will not make a view for or against what happened, and neither should anyone else.

But alas, any attempt at a logical view will be thrashed by the cop-haters that are ever present on this forum who view anything other than a cop giving out roses as police brutality.

Could you give an example of a scenario that would warrant the cop tasing him while his hands were on the car?

And is there a police department that lets you taze people when they aren't being resistant?

The way the cop just strolled up with his tazer ready and did it so casually gives it away. I'll bet anything the guy was running his mouth and the cop just got pissed.

Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 12:59am
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Are you serious?

Do you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it didnt go down like this?
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 1:04am

Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Are you serious?

Do you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it didnt go down like this?
No, I know grown men who drop to the ground screaming out loud because you suprise them, they do it all the time.

Forum Vice President
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 1:44am
I've had grown men cry when I pull out an IV needle... having not even touched them yet. His theory isn't impossible :)

Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 3:02am
Originally posted by Flurry Flurry wrote:

There is such a thing as non-violent resistance.  Sitting or standing and not fighting, pulling, or running.  Protesters do this.  There are times where pain complience is required to detain a suspect.  Without knowing what was going on prior to this vid. it all looks very bad.  There are SOME bad cops out there that would do things like how this looks...NOT ALL COPS!
Tazers reduce injuries to both suspects and officers.  To the best of my knowlege there has not been 1 case of death that was 100% tazer caused.  There has always been a medical, drug, or some other issue.  If you have heart issues maybe you shouldn't try to hit a cap with a hammer or cause other peoblems that will get you thrown in jail. 

Yea, except the 8th amendment means you can't just taze someone because it's the easy thing to do, and they probably won't get hurt...even though it apparently hurts a lot.

Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 3:04am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Also, fun fact - Taser is a brand name, like Kleenex or Band-Aid. Also, there is no verb form of the word because of it being a brand name. You can say that someone was shocked by a Taser, but someone cannot be "tazed." 

See: googled

It will be a real verb soon.

God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 2:31pm
Yea! for out of context videoclips......

Edited by God - 07 November 2009 at 2:31pm
Flurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 8:45pm
TO: JMAC3,  You are correct in most people's thinking.  I wouldn't hit someone with the Taser if they were just standing there like that. 
TO: Frozenballs, I dind't say that it could be used because it was easy.  I was just saying that there is less of a chance of an injury such as a broken bone, or a bullet wound.  IF...IF a shot is justified.  There is a use of force scale that is followed by LE  There have been many lives saved by the Tazer.
There are department policies that tell us when tazers / Pepper Spray / ANY use of force can be used.
It sucks being antisocial alone.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 9:30pm
I don't think the Cop went Far Enough...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Using a Taser on a subdued suspect who is posing no threat is not warranted.  The man was just standing there against the car.
This.

Forum Vice President
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 10:44pm
All of you saying that we can't say if it was justified or not because we don't know what happened prior to the incident, what could have possibly happened prior to what we see that would warrant that action?
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 11:06pm
Doesn't matter, we still don't know what happened.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Doesn't matter, we still don't know what happened.
No, you are wrong. As usuall. The man was standing there hands on the car, putting up no resistance. The cop walked up perfectly at ease, and then tased the man. You don't do that. If he was resisting arrest, sure, if he was fighting back, sure. If he was'nt being cooperative, sure, why not. But the man was standing there, hands on the car. What kind of situation could possibly warrent that? Give me an example.

Forum Vice President
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic