FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Developing- Orlando shooting.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Developing- Orlando shooting.
    Posted: 06 November 2009 at 1:15pm
...And now some guy's gone Ape in Orlando. Currently reporting 2+ dead, 17+ wounded. Suspect believed still at large.

Found Whale on Twitter, he's in class right now, nowhere near the scene. Probably doesn't know about it yet- I imagine his next day or two will be busy.

Edited by brihard - 06 November 2009 at 1:16pm
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 1:20pm
What is the deal? This is insain.

(INB4 someone turns this into a debate too.)
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 1:21pm
Jesus Christ...

This kind of crap always seems to happen in waves.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 1:27pm

Forum Vice President
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 1:49pm
I wonder how the media will react to this story, and if the rush to judgement will be different if there is no muslim angle...
They tremble at my name...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

I wonder how the media will react to this story, and if the rush to judgement will be different if there is no muslim angle...
FE, you seriously disgust me somtimes. What part of people are dying do you not get? Way to be christ like buddy. Way to be.

Forum Vice President
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 1:54pm

Of course the coverage will be different. A disgruntled worker walking into an office building and killing a couple of people differs greatly in the public mind from a Muslim member of the military gunning down 12 of his own, on base, in a facility full of people about to deploy. the Orlando killing appears to be a 'typical' murder, whereas Ft Hood is seen as vastly different and inherently political in nature.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 1:54pm
Hey, its just my public education kicking in...

"survival of the fittest" and all...
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Jesus Christ...

This kind of crap always seems to happen in waves.

It is called the Copycat effect.  It has been well documented. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 1:56pm

Just because thats now nature works, does'nt mean thats how civilization should work.

Considering you don't think we humans are animals to begin with, why do you insist on us acting like them?

Forum Vice President
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 1:59pm

Completely and utterly irrelevant to the subject at hand, as well as to the media coverage of it. Very classy of you to attempt to cheaply politicize a tragedy that has, it would seem, zero political content. Just two days ago I was castigating members of the forum who react childishly to your posts, yet you're not really acting in a manner befitting any other reply in the past day or two...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 2:04pm
I'm just following Obama's lead... Since I watched this press conference he held about the shooting and saw firsthand how we now deal with tragedy...

Even NBC was shocked. But, this is how we "now" act in America, according to our leader.

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 2:12pm
Because we haven't been essentially ignoring the servicemen and women dying every day in the greater Middle East.

This was tragic, no doubt about it.  It wasn't another 9/11, or Katrina, it doesn't somehow require the resources and eyes of our nation to be fixed upon it.
BU Engineering 2012
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 2:17pm

I'm just following Obama's lead... Since I watched this press conference he held about the shooting and saw firsthand how we now deal with tragedy...

Even NBC was shocked. But, this is how we "now" act in America, according to our leader.

That's crap. To point out flaws in another individual's behaviour, and then emulate them based on 'he did it so it's OK if I do it' even as you backhandedly criticize him is just hypocrisy on your part. That's the exact kind of partisan B.S. that's slipping into everything these days, and even here you've insisted on dragging  threat about a multiple shooting in an office building into a chance to slag Obama and rail about radical Islam.

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 2:21pm
As long as nobody beats Cho's high score.
Peter Parker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

the Orlando killing appears to be a 'typical' murder

Saddest true statement I have read in a while.

"E Pluribus Unum" does not mean "Every man for himself".

Pop Quiz: What do all the Framers of the Constitution have in common?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 2:44pm

My moneys on sleeper Puerto Rican terrorist cell.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Peter Parker Peter Parker wrote:

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

the Orlando killing appears to be a 'typical' murder

Saddest true statement I have read in a while.
You know what I find sad? The fact that I see more and more truth in this statement almost everyday.
"You know what, you know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying. If tomorrow I tell the press that like a gang banger, will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because itís all, part of the plan."

Forum Vice President
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 4:11pm

Mmm, smell the ignorance. It's a strong blend with a heavy touch of "I'm better than you"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Mmm, smell the ignorance. It's a strong blend with a heavy touch of "I'm better than you"

Wait, aren't you the guy that blamed the census worker being killed by "tea party" members?...

whoops.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic