FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I know sports can get intense, but...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 5:37pm
good. I'd still nail her though.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

The player should the suspended if not banned outright, the refs suspended and the head ref should be torn a new asshole by his employers.If I were the ref, I would have yellow-carded her first offense and red-carded the second. There's never a need to throw fists in non-combat sports, so the only logical deduction is that the player has switched from playing to fighting and should be removed from the field.Side note: It's funny how a fist-fight on the streets can get you arrested but more brutal fights in sports rarely bring about legal action. However lame it is that police get involved in public fights, it does make one wonder why fighting has become so accepted in sports.

Because in some sports it's part of the game. And they're still within certain bounds, and legal action has been taken before, even in hockey:
Bertuzzi

"...Bertuzzi began following Moore down the ice, attempting to provoke a fistfight. When Moore ignored him, Bertuzzi, behind Moore, grabbed the Colorado player's jersey and punched him in the back of the head. Bertuzzi, as well as several other players from both teams, then landed atop Moore as he fell to the ice. After lying on the ice for several minutes, Moore was removed on a stretcher. He suffered three fractured vertebrae in his neck, a grade three concussion, vertebral ligament damage, stretching of the brachial plexus nerves, and facial cuts. To date, Moore has not appeared in another professional hockey game."

"On June 24, 2004, the criminal justice branch of the British Columbia Ministry of the Attorney General announced that Bertuzzi was formally charged with assault causing bodily harm. On December 22, 2004, Bertuzzi pleaded guilty to the assault charge after arranging a plea bargain with prosecutors."
Uncle Rudder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 6/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Rudder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 5:45pm
Soccer just got a whole hell of a lot more entertaining to watch
impulse!! View Drop Down

Racist Comment

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Uncle Rudder Uncle Rudder wrote:

Soccer just got a whole hell of a lot more entertaining to watch
little devil View Drop Down
one language strike, 2/23/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 6:12pm
This is what makes me lean toward individual sports like snowboarding.  I couldnt just let someone punch me in the back or try to snap my knee and just rub it off.  I just couldnt walk away from someobody trying to leave me in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. I'd be suspended lol.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 9:33pm
If all soccer was like this, I would actually watch soccer. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic