FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

COD: Modern Warfare 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
hoginds24 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
who’s the ph00l now?!?!?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoginds24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Tical3.0 Tical3.0 wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by Tical3.0 Tical3.0 wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

Originally posted by hoginds24 hoginds24 wrote:

MP is awesome. I ran through the campaign first and have mixed feelings about it. I feel like its too much of a movie story line, but I can't deciede if I like it or not. After the whole General thing it gets a little far fetched but its fun anyway. 'No Russian' mission blew my mind.
I couldn't believe that was in the game... I was like, hmmm this will be great ammo for those looney nuts who say videogames are bad.

Yeah, bad decision to include the level in my opinion. No need to feed the monster.

That the mission where  you gun down mad people in the mall?

Yessir, actually in an airport.

Gotcha.
Played that mission last night. Not really a fan of mowing down tons of innocents but it didn't really bother me. However I can't wait to see the reaction towards it from the masses.Atleast it gave you the option to skip it though...

Not really what I was going for... but yeah. I thought the mission gave the game a whole new side: playing as a bad guy. Aside from that the way such a 'meaningless' level had such an importance to the plot is great.

Another thing I noticed, EVERY level ends in a cliffhanger - fade to black.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 9:32pm
Tical, there was a ton of outrage a few weeks ago when a video of that level was leaked on youtube.

My reply? Who the hell cares? It's a game. Don't play it if you don't want to see it.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 11:03pm

Just played the "no russian" level.

I thought it would be sorta fun but I couldn't escape the feeling in the back of my mind that "this is kinda messed up" Unusual, doesn't happen often if ever.

It was also a boring level.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 11:07pm
One of the IGN editors made that same point...not only was the level pointless, it was just an interactive cut scene. In his words it could have easily been a quick cut scene, but instead IW was like "HEY LOOK AT ME", and it comes off a tad tasteless.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 11:11pm
I had alot of fun playing that mission.
Que pasa?

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 11:16pm
Because you are a russian communist. Approve
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 1:48am
Banned in Russia for "No Russian" level

I understand where they're coming from, and it's brutal....but what do you expect?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 2:32pm
Oh, I have MW2 on 360 now, I'll be on momentarily

Proof MW2 was a lazy port to PC

Edited by choopie911 - 14 November 2009 at 4:16pm
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 10:50am
I was wondering just what the hell this game contained when I loaded it and asked me if I'd like to skip a questionable level without clarifying what it would entail. I told it to let me play it and wondered, given a long history of meaningless violence, if I would notice when I got to it.

I noticed.

I first played through it and only shot wounded people, to put them out of their misery, but then I went back and went all out. It's a pretty jacked up level, and I agree that it was more of a cut scene given that until the last bit of it there is absolutely no danger to the player.

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 1:12pm
My review: It's entertaining for me. The SP plot was pretty ridiculous and far-fetched compared to all of the recent COD games. General Shepard was a complete **edited** kind of character, and nothing even happened to Makarov.

MP is pretty fun. There is a bunch of stuff to unlock, which makes me think I'm not going to prestige right when I can.

All in all this game comes off to me like Halo 3: cool new stuff, but the series is getting pretty bland and each new game isn't much more than a giant expansion pack.

And I wish extended mags weren't so hard to get. 40 kills with FMJ through a wall? Sigh. 
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 1:25pm
Gatyr, I am pretty sure it's not just walls. It is probably just with bullet penetration through stuff.
Que pasa?

reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 1:40pm
I'm able to get my PS3 to go on-line where I'm located now. I'm quite happy with this development.

I was relieved to see the RPD in this game as well. It was by far my favorite weapon in CoD4. It can be ponderous but in the right situation it can rape a group of people. On Bloc (CoD4)the opposing team had some unfortunate spawns and kept rushing around the same corner, handing me a 15 kill streak before I had to reload, then another four before a grenade finally got me.

It's doing quite well for me in MW2, but I'm willing to dabble in other weaponry. The perk upgrading is a really interesting feature.

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by reifidom reifidom wrote:

I'm able to get my PS3 to go on-line where I'm located now. I'm quite happy with this development.

I was relieved to see the RPD in this game as well. It was by far my favorite weapon in CoD4. It can be ponderous but in the right situation it can rape a group of people. On Bloc (CoD4)the opposing team had some unfortunate spawns and kept rushing around the same corner, handing me a 15 kill streak before I had to reload, then another four before a grenade finally got me.

It's doing quite well for me in MW2, but I'm willing to dabble in other weaponry. The perk upgrading is a really interesting feature.

Word. I love me some LMGs. Now that I have a silencer and grip via bling, my KD ratio is much better.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 2:48pm
Overall I think I like this multiplayer even more than COD4. The thermal sights are brutal when they're being used against you though as you stand out like a sore thumb. Some fun guns, and overall more balanced and decent levels. Less often do I feel I'm being scrowned because I don't know the map inside out. I even got a throwing knife kill already :D
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 2:53pm
Choopie did you see the RIDICULOUS throwing knife kill yet?

Que pasa?

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Overall I think I like this multiplayer even more than COD4. The thermal sights are brutal when they're being used against you though as you stand out like a sore thumb.

Why do you think I use cold blooded pro and ninja pro?

I make those darn 12yearolds earn their kills, instead of relying on a chopper flying overhead or seeing me in smoke.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic