FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shooting at Fort Hood TX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Sorry by you saying "put him down" I thought you were referring to somebody tackling him. I'm sorry.

I just can't facepalm hard enough without actually sending my palm through my face.
Originally posted by Peter Parker Peter Parker wrote:

So... somebody cut his head off with a sword, quick!  There can be only one!

So... his rap album drops in two weeks?

So... when does he get his purple heart?

...elicited and lol out of me.

Isn't this treason, btw? Can't this guy just be capped by an officer with no after-thought? I always got the idea that if you committed treason like this you were just offed and that was that.

Edited by Gatyr - 06 November 2009 at 12:14am
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Sorry by you saying "put him down" I thought you were referring to somebody tackling him. I'm sorry.

I just can't facepalm hard enough without actually sending my palm through my face.
I did lol, quite hard.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 12:17am
Word is he was taken down by a civilian police officer working on contract on the base. She was also shot by him during the exchange, and is the police officer who was initially reported killed. She has since been reported to in fact still be alive and undergoing treatment.

The initial reports of multiple gunmen seem to have been confused by some sources reporting him dead and others reporting him to be in custody. This turned into multiple possible gunmen. By all appearances he was acting alone.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 12:20am

Isn't this treason, btw? Can't this guy just be capped by an officer with no after-thought? I always got the idea that if you committed treason like this you were just offed and that was that.

I wondered this too
Que pasa?

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 12:21am
I have to admit, then, that what he did is impressive, albeit absolutely disgusting. Twelve dead and thirty-one wounded by himself on a military base.

Somewhere in there is a sick meme waiting to be created by 4chan.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 12:29am

I have to admit, then, that what he did is impressive, albeit absolutely disgusting. Twelve dead and thirty-one wounded by himself on a military base.

Somewhere in there is a sick meme waiting to be created by 4chan.

with only 2 handguns nonetheless. an assault rifle would have been my guess if i didnt know otherwise
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 12:29am
They already started

"The shooter went to Virginia Tech.

Or as I like to call it, "Murderer University""

Or a "All your base are belong to us" picture

Edited by jmac3 - 06 November 2009 at 12:31am
Que pasa?

Peter Parker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 12:31am
Originally posted by slackerr26 slackerr26 wrote:

with only 2 handguns nonetheless. an assault rifle would have been my guess if i didnt know otherwise

Clearly it would have been far worse if he had an assault rifle.  So, see?  The Assault Weapons Ban saves lives.

"E Pluribus Unum" does not mean "Every man for himself".

Pop Quiz: What do all the Framers of the Constitution have in common?
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 12:32am
PP, can I high five you for the gun law lulz within this thread?  CCW and assault weapons ban....gg

/highfive
Que pasa?

Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 12:37am
Weird.

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 12:45am

Do it.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Peter Parker Peter Parker wrote:

Clearly it would have been far worse if he had an assault rifle.  So, see?  The Assault Weapons Ban saves lives.
Good thing those military bases don't have assault weapons...
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 6:08am
My cousin is currently stationed there. I'm trying to find out more info, but hes been texting me for the last half hour. The whole place was under a communications blackout.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 6:26am
The shooter was a loon, the Army already had issues with him, but I am betting 'profiling' and the 'equal opertunity' policies really tied the hands of the Chain of Command. Bucking deing deployed, under the UCMJ not a charge taken lightly, speaking out against official policy, another UCMJ issue(and from an officer no less), and a record of erratic behavior, a triple wammy that officials could not deal with like in the old days. This guy would be already be confined and be ready to deply to Leavenworth, but in today's PC enviornment they had to wait for the bomb to go off, before something could be done.

And why did he make it to the hospital? NOw comes the trial, the charges agaist the system that 'caused' him to do this, and his mental state, all based on his rights, who cares about the 13 he killed, thier rights. An old time cop, or MP with some 'hair' should of ended this fiasco before the media 'circus' begins. Just wait as the military 'system' is found guilty, and this POS misses the needle because he has mental issues.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 7:22am
Last night on Olbermann, he had a guy that knew him on and he said that he was telling his family that it wouldn't be right for him to go over to attack his "brothers". (muslims)

And if he could eliminate soldiers that were going over there to kill his "brothers" before they got there, he might save some of his "brothers".

Good thing this won't be classified as a "terrorist" act...

I also heard they were trying to blame his actions on mean things that people said to him...

You should have seen Olbermanns face when those "revelations" came out.

"MOVING ON"...
They tremble at my name...
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 7:35am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

NOw comes the trial, the charges agaist the system that 'caused' him to do this, and his mental state, all based on his rights, who cares about the 13 he killed, thier rights.

It's not very constitutionalist of you to trivialize his rights like that.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 7:36am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

The shooter was a loon, the Army already had issues with him, but I am betting 'profiling' and the 'equal opertunity' policies really tied the hands of the Chain of Command. Bucking deing deployed, under the UCMJ not a charge taken lightly, speaking out against official policy, another UCMJ issue(and from an officer no less), and a record of erratic behavior, a triple wammy that officials could not deal with like in the old days. This guy would be already be confined and be ready to deply to Leavenworth, but in today's PC enviornment they had to wait for the bomb to go off, before something could be done.

And why did he make it to the hospital? NOw comes the trial, the charges agaist the system that 'caused' him to do this, and his mental state, all based on his rights, who cares about the 13 he killed, thier rights. An old time cop, or MP with some 'hair' should of ended this fiasco before the media 'circus' begins. Just wait as the military 'system' is found guilty, and this POS misses the needle because he has mental issues.

Your cynicism runs pretty deep.

I seriously doubt that the military's hands were tied -- for that matter he's far from the first soldier to try not to be deployed, or the first officer.  I'm a little confused as to why/how a psychiatrist is deployed in a combat zone though.

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Last night on Olbermann, he had a guy that knew him on and he said that he was telling his family that it wouldn't be right for him to go over to attack his "brothers". (muslims)

And if he could eliminate soldiers that were going over there to kill his "brothers" before they got there, he might save some of his "brothers".

I also heard they were trying to blame his actions on mean things that people said to him...

You should have seen Olbermanns face when those "revelations" came out.

"MOVING ON"...

What's the difference?  Somehow classifying this is a terrorist act will make it better?  And frankly, I would wait for an actual investigation to create some facts, rather than have someone is clearly interested in giving the media what they want (would you jump on TV if one of your friends shot up a bunch of people? Thought not.) make up some facts.

This could turn out to be totally true, but I seriously doubt it.
BU Engineering 2012
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 7:40am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

If what you said is correct, then this very obviously shouldn't be considered a terrorist attack (unless a terrorist attack just means someone from the middle east bringing harm on 'mericans) because the man's goal was to save his brothers by preemptively taking out the people who would be fighting them. His desire, according to your post, was not to instill fear, but to protect those he held dear.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 7:41am
Oh, yea, anyway to attack the military and the evil white guys that run it. He was a Commisioned Officer in the US Military, he took an oath to server, and once done can no longer select his 'enemy'. If the statement of killing those being sent to kill his brothers is found true...treason, courts martial, execution. Killing American soldiers as a Commisioned Officer within the US Army intentionally is a 'terrorist' and 'treason' offense. Our system did not create this monster, radical Islamic beliefs created this monster, but the media will try and convict the American System before it even considers challenging the Radical Islamic faith.

FYI, the UCMJ has a differant set of 'rights' than civl law, intentionally and needed based on the unique situation military personnel are placed into. His jury will be six Commisioned Officers, not a 'jury of his peers', and since he took the oath as a Commisioned Officer' in the Unites States Army, his 'rights' are specifacally outlined under the UCMJ.

Sniper Rifle, open rec-yard, covered and conceald hide @600m away.....guards convieniently tieing boots....target's head explodes like grapefruit....strawberry fields......nobody hears or sees squat...case closed.

Edited by oldsoldier - 06 November 2009 at 7:50am
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 7:53am
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

And frankly, I would wait for an actual investigation to create some facts, rather than have someone is clearly interested in giving the media what they want (would you jump on TV if one of your friends shot up a bunch of people? Thought not.) make up some facts.

Agreed, speculation won't do anybody any good.  Wait for the investigation. 
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

most soldiers i've talked to don't carry CCW's on post, there's really no point...and running at someone when your unarmed isn't something even soldiers would think of doing. cover is first, then either return fire or find a way out and getting help

From my experience, personal firearms are usually, or at least often prohibited on most bases. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic