Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shooting at Fort Hood TX

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
future target of fratricide

Joined: 13 October 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 3782
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Religion in general is intolerant.

I'm surprised that most Christians are so conservative, since the Bible (the New Testament) is quite liberal.


Because then they'd have to admit that everyone should get what they have.

And that's Communism, which Joseph McCarthy (and Joseph was the father of Jesus, so there) proved is un-Christian.


Ah, but Joseph was also the name of somebody who was leader in communism.


Иосиф Виссарионович Сталин (Iosif Vissarionovich Stalin) [Stolen from Wikipedia.  Because I rarely use Cyrillic. -_-]

Iosif.  Clearly not Joseph.  Can you spot a Joseph in that Cyrillic mess above?

That's what I thought.  Remember kids, Jesus hates Communism.
BU Engineering 2012
Back to Top
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
request denied

Joined: 27 October 2008
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 3192
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 4:39pm
I stand corrected.
Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4779
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 11:53am
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Joined: 14 January 2006
Location: Uncertain
Status: Offline
Points: 5285
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 4:08pm
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl


Forum Vice President
Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4779
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 8:17am
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Well, I wonder if some of you will change you tune now that Time magazine has labeled this muslim extremist as a terrorist?...

 
 
 
 
Can't let it die can you?
 
Martha Stuert's magazine said cookies are the best treat to bake and share, but I personally am not big on cookies.

Let what die? A story about ongoing investigations into the motivation of a mass murderer? Why should he let it die? We MUST figure out what made Hassan tick, and what warning signs were and were not present. Ft. Hood should not have happened, but it did as a result of compounded mistakes.

I disagree with FE's overemphasis of the importance of the 'terrorist' definition (yes, I do think it was 'terrorism', BTW, even though that term is abused and thrown around far too often), but he is right to continue to bring attention to the issue. There are some feet that must be held to the fire to figure out why thirteen Americans were murdered by a radical who was allowed to continue to wear the uniform even after all the signs that are coming out as having been present.

It doesn't *matter* whether it gets defined as terrorism or not, but how and why it happened DOES matter, if only to prevent future occurances.

Anyone who thinks the problem of radical Islam will not get worse before it gets better is deluded. Unfortunately, a lot of good Muslims will get tarred by the same brush along the way.
 
Well, the report is FINALLY out... (gotta love how fast the government works...)
 
 
 
and as usual, I was correct in my assumptions. Political correctness caused this mass murder, as everyone saw the warning signs but were afraid to do anything because it might be seen as "mean" to a muslim extremist.
 
 
14 deaths, totally at the feet of liberalism/political correctness. Covered up by the media, and po-poo'd by many of you even in the face of the facts.
 
I wonder if this will even hit the news?
 
Since the tv network news hasn't covered the planned parenthood stings, or the way Obama has ignored the judicial branch and now is being held in contempt of court by a federal judge, freezing EVERY SINGLE exploratory drilling application... While oil prices soar, causing even more economic harm to the US.  And Obamacare being ruled unconstitutional, but Obama pushing on, ignoring that federal judge as well.
 
If this were anyone else but their "hopesavior" doing these things, the media would rightly be calling for impeachment over this abuse of power.
 
but, today... silence from the left stream media.
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Joined: 08 March 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4920
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 8:47am
Maybe (but probably not) if you had actually read the report, you would have noticed that what you are trying to pass of as fact was just one officers opinion and a concern, which is something the report clearly states.  The reasons given by the officer's cited in the report are:
Quote
Despite Hasan's overt displays of  radica lization to violent  Islamist extremism, Hasan' s 
superiors  failed to di scipline him, refer him to counterintelligence officials, or seek to di scharge 
him.  One of  the officers who reported Hasan to superiors opined that Hasan was permitted to 
rema in  in  serv ice  because of  "political  correctness" and ignorance of  religious practices.
66 
That 
officer added that he  believed that concern about potential discrimination complaints stopped 
some indi vidual s from challengi ng Hasan.
67 
We are concerned that exactly such worries about 
"political correctness" inhibited  Hasan' s  superi ors and  coll eagues who were deeply troubled by 
hi s behav ior from  taki ng the actions again st  him that could  have  prevented the attack at Fort 
Hood.  However,  none of  the superiors cited "political correctness" as the  reason  for  not acting 
again st Hasan.  In stead,  the  reasons given  for their failure to act varied and included: 
 A belief that Hasan' s  ideological  views were not problematic or were at least 
understandab le:  Several of  Has an' s  superiors were simpl y not concerned with  his views. 
One superior concluded that he was devoutly rel igious but not an extremi st,68  adding that 
he was not alarmed by hi s religious expressions because similar ex pressions of  other 
religions would be accepted.
69 
Another superior thought that hi s religion was part of  hi s 
identity and that Ha s an' s  inner confl ict  concerning military operations in Muslim 
countri es was an  understandable internal reaction by a serv icemember to combat against 
that servicemember' s  co-reli gioni sts.
7o 
 Academic  free dom and absence of  academic standards:  Hasan  was given a passing mark 
for  his Grand  Rounds project in  his res idency despiLe the  fact that some of  hi s superi ors 
believed  il  virtually ignored legitimate psychi atric iss ues and was  unscientifi c in  its 
66  Panel  Review Briefing"  Witness  14. 
6J   Id. 
6Z  Id., Witness 3. 
691d. 
70  Id. 
31 analysis.
71 
Hi s superiors offered the fo llowing reasons fo r givi ng Hasan academic credit 
for the presentation: ( I )  it  fit  with in  broad  parameters of  academic  freedom to study 
subjects of  choice,72  (2)  he presented a controversial subject with thoufhtfuiness and 
ret1ecti on,73  (3) there were no set standards  fo r judging such projecls,7  (4) spirituality 
was  part or  mental  health,75  and (5) although  it was not among the best projects, it  was 
good enough to  pass.
76 
 A desire to  preserve the  USUHS fe ll owship by  filling it with an  Army app li cant: 
According to officers involved in the  fellowship selection process, Hasan was admitted to 
the  USUHS fellowship  because ( I )  he was the on ly Army candidate  for the position he 
sought,77  (2) the  fellowship director was concerned that the  fellowship  would be 
terminated i f  it went unfilled,1s  (3) he rece ived  recommendations  from  senior officiais,79 
and  (4) it would  have been problematic to  rescind  the fellowship offer once Hasan was 
accepted.
8o 
 A beli e f  that Hasa n provided understanding of  violent Islamist extremism as we ll  as the 
cu lture and belie f  of  Islam:  Some of  Ha s an' s  superi ors thought that his controversial 
projects on  vio lent  Is lamist extrem ism  werc constructive.  A senior Walter Reed official 
concluded that Hasan ' s  Grand Rounds presentation  addressed " a  controversial topic with 
a degree of  thoughtfu lness and a degree of r e t l e c t ion that . . .  was evenhanded."s l  One 
superior regarded  Hasan' s  proposed USUHS survey on Muslim  servicemembers' 
cont1i cts as a chall engin g but legitimate  public health project that contributed to cullUra! 
un derstan ding.
s2 
Even  Hasan' s  final  Program Director at the Walter Reed residency, who 
questioned whether Hasan should be permitted to advance,  felt that "Hasan was a unique 
indi vidual who cou ld help understand Muslim culture and be l i e fs."sl 
 A belief that Hasan  could  perform adequatcly in  an installation with  other psychiatrists to 
assist him:  Hasan was assigned to Fort  Hood in  part because some superiors thought it 
would be best to  place him  at a large base whe re there would be many  psychiatrists to
"As usual" indeed.

The report is vague at best and doesn't take an actual stand on the causes, which seems to me to make it pretty much useless.


Edited by evillepaintball - 04 February 2011 at 8:51am
Back to Top
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Joined: 05 September 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 10156
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 8:48am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Well, I wonder if some of you will change you tune now that Time magazine has labeled this muslim extremist as a terrorist?...

 
 
 
 
Can't let it die can you?
 
Martha Stuert's magazine said cookies are the best treat to bake and share, but I personally am not big on cookies.

Let what die? A story about ongoing investigations into the motivation of a mass murderer? Why should he let it die? We MUST figure out what made Hassan tick, and what warning signs were and were not present. Ft. Hood should not have happened, but it did as a result of compounded mistakes.

I disagree with FE's overemphasis of the importance of the 'terrorist' definition (yes, I do think it was 'terrorism', BTW, even though that term is abused and thrown around far too often), but he is right to continue to bring attention to the issue. There are some feet that must be held to the fire to figure out why thirteen Americans were murdered by a radical who was allowed to continue to wear the uniform even after all the signs that are coming out as having been present.

It doesn't *matter* whether it gets defined as terrorism or not, but how and why it happened DOES matter, if only to prevent future occurances.

Anyone who thinks the problem of radical Islam will not get worse before it gets better is deluded. Unfortunately, a lot of good Muslims will get tarred by the same brush along the way.
 
Well, the report is FINALLY out... (gotta love how fast the government works...)
 
 
 
and as usual, I was correct in my assumptions. Political correctness caused this mass murder, as everyone saw the warning signs but were afraid to do anything because it might be seen as "mean" to a muslim extremist.
 
 
14 deaths, totally at the feet of liberalism/political correctness. Covered up by the media, and po-poo'd by many of you even in the face of the facts.
 
I wonder if this will even hit the news?
 
Since the tv network news hasn't covered the planned parenthood stings, or the way Obama has ignored the judicial branch and now is being held in contempt of court by a federal judge, freezing EVERY SINGLE exploratory drilling application... While oil prices soar, causing even more economic harm to the US.  And Obamacare being ruled unconstitutional, but Obama pushing on, ignoring that federal judge as well.
 
If this were anyone else but their "hopesavior" doing these things, the media would rightly be calling for impeachment over this abuse of power.
 
but, today... silence from the left stream media.

Political correctness didn't *cause* the mass murder. A radically ideologized maniac with a gun did. Radical Islamist ideology, to a lesser extent, did.

Political correctness resulted in the threat not being adequately detected and perceived. Certainly the military needs to reform how it does some things in order to better isolate extremism within its ranks- but to chalk this murder up as *caused* by Liberalism, etc is utterly fallacious. You could just as easily ascribe it to neoconservative ideology that led the U.S. into Iraq in the first place, but that would be B.S. too.

Just like the Arizona case, the cause is a lone nutcase with a gun, and in this case a somewhat more defined political ideology.

But yeah, gotta say, I love how you co-opt the Fort Hood shootings in order to take your usual bigoted stab at liberalism and to try to drag your anti-Obama, anti-abortion rhetoric kicking and screaming into yet another thread. If you really gave as much of a damn about Ft. Hood as you'd like to pretend you do you wouldn't have twisted the situation to your own ends and made a soapbox to stand on out of a pile of dead bodies.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Back to Top
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 12:39pm
Yeah, FE, that's probably because they're busy covering real news like the ridiculous weather we've had, or the unrest in the Arab world.

I think this has something to do with why FE is so focused on everything but REAL news, especially during the Egyptian revolution. Ten Reasons Fox News Doesn't Really Care About The Egypt Story
Back to Top
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
future target of fratricide

Joined: 13 October 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 3782
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 1:05pm
Do you guys really not understand "Don't Feed The Troll"?

Maybe I'm just a cynic, but I have yet to see anything of worth come out of responding to his posts.
BU Engineering 2012
Back to Top
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

Do you guys really not understand "Don't Feed The Troll"?

Maybe I'm just a cynic, but I have yet to see anything of worth come out of responding to his posts.

I'm past staying silent and hoping he'll go away because it is clear that he won't. So why not troll back? It obviously isn't against the forum rules and I get a kick out of some of his crazy.
Back to Top
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
future target of fratricide

Joined: 13 October 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 3782
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 4:33pm
Eh, alright.  Maybe I'll find that on the other end of the FEmbargo tunnel.

Edited by ParielIsBack - 04 February 2011 at 4:34pm
BU Engineering 2012
Back to Top
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Joined: 14 January 2006
Location: Uncertain
Status: Offline
Points: 5285
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to speak rashly and remove all doubt."
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl


Forum Vice President
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.203 seconds.