FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Wednesday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Wednesday
    Posted: 05 November 2009 at 1:48pm
Was likely more baller than yours.
So in Vancouver, there is an annual "Lotus Awards" for the best of the best in advertising. If you see an ad on Canadian tv (some international stuff too) that you think is awesome or impressive, the people who made the ad will be at the awards.
Anyways, so the Lotus Awards 2009 decided to have a contest. Since this year the awards show was sort of mocking the olympics, they have 3 mascots:

Boozah, Kaffee, Tokie

Each mascot had a product, hangover cure, breath mints, rolling papers, respectively. The contest was to come up with a slogan for any of the products, the best one would win $209 and a medal.

Now as much as those mascots are a joke, these awards are the real deal, quite prestigious, even getting to go to the awards was amazing. Sitting at our table on the let was the guy who used to be the chair of the awards, and on the right were some people from an agency competing for medals.

Anyways, long story short, I won the contest and got to go to the gala event for free, which is normally about $110 for a ticket.

The venue:

Big place, bigger than I expected, and quite swanky. Drinks for an hour, then dinner, than the awards show.

I found this on my table, filled with candy:

By the bathroom (notice the olympic style stuff)

And at the end, got a sweet gold book with all the real winners in it:

Couple more pictures to come later, plus my on stage appearance.
Overall, awesome night surrounded by stunning women, great times.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 1:56pm
What was your winning slogan?

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

What was your winning slogan?
Que pasa?

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:13pm
My friend posted "Let the good times roll" which made me think of "Let's roll the good times" and apparently the contest organizer actually laughed at loud when they saw it. My friend then deleted his post, which made them laugh harder because they thought I had shamed him essentially. When I get the video I'll post it here and you can see it.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:40pm
You didn't even invite me!?!?

Also, I LOL'ed at the slogan.
BU Engineering 2012
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:59pm
Sick life. Well done sir.

MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 3:00pm
Awesome slogan! Hahahaha

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic