FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Abortion is covered in Obamacare...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Don't let the facts get in the way of your statement...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/27820.html

If I did my math correctly, 47 percent is still a higher percentage than 45 percent.

yes, and

"While the number of pro-life Americans rose to 51 percent in 2009".

Come on...
They tremble at my name...
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:10pm
Even if those numbers are accurate, I'd still say 47% saying it should be legal is more than 45% saying it should be illegal.

You may occasionally bring up some facts, but as usual they contradict the point you're trying to make. So don't let your own facts get in the way of your statement...
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:10pm

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Hahahaha, here to help. You mean here to press your opinions on others because you're not okay with abortions. Why should other peoples lives be significantly worse because you say so. It's their choice, not yours. Just like even if it were legal, it's STILL your choice to not do it.

Withholding abortions from others is foolish, and childish. You already (should) know that the legality of something wont change whether it happens or not. It just changes how safe it is.

What is the difference between me saying I don't like you, therefore I am going to stick a knife into your head and suck out your brain.

And Abortion?...

Both take a life, but one is legal.  It is immoral, and kills a baby, and is infanticide and if you look at the stats you will see that it has erased a "certain" part of our society...

Glad to see you support eliminating minorites, guess you don't have a problem with that...

I don't see that as an option, adoption comes to mind.

After I spent a decade involved with the foster system in America, we can barely get even half the people we need to take kids for a couple of weeks, let alone adopt them all.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:10pm

What is the difference between me saying I don't like you, therefore I am going to stick a knife into your head and suck out your brain.

the difference is, he is actually alive.

And Abortion?...

Both take a life, but one is legal.  It is immoral, and kills a baby, and is infanticide and if you look at the stats you will see that it has erased a "certain" part of our society...

you cant kill something that is not alive to begin with. so if i go out into the street and stick my knife into roadkill, i guess i am committing cruelty to animals

Glad to see you support eliminating minorites, guess you don't have a problem with that...

what about the mother who has been told she is unable to survive childbirth? she is supposed to give her life up just so the baby can be put up for adoption? no...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

FE, you still have not shown me where in sec 213 it mentions abortion.

Hmm, the "open congress" site crashed... Thats strange.

You can link to it on this site.

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:18pm
You failed to mention that "62 percent — said that the Supreme Court’s 1973 Roe v. Wade decision was “a good thing.”"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Crap I was wrong and you were right... Again... Man, it sucks when someone proves me wrong. I hate that and will continue calling you names, and trying to discredit you instead of just saying. "Whoops my bad."
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:23pm

I was looking more for a response PP post that you already pay for abortions as an taxpayer of Ohio and your justification for paying for executions. If killing is killing, why is some killing better than others?

Well, there is a big difference between killing a innocent baby and a convicted killer.

I don't think abortion should be legal as the baby did nothing to deserve to die.

Ok, Mr. Touchedbychrist, whatever happened to "he who is without sin cast the first stone."?  Also, if our government can't be trusted to run health care  properly, how can they be trusted to determine someone's guilt?

Instead of listening to an obviously biased website that is misquoting and misinterpreting the bill to do your thinking for you like usual, show me where, in section 213 that I posted on page one, abortion is mentioned.

Edited by Eville - 05 November 2009 at 2:26pm
Peter Parker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:25pm

So, here we have Obama in his own words stating that Abortion, and "death panels" are not in Obamacare...

I heard him say "nothing will change" as to abortion (1:25).  I think that is still pretty accurate, as far as I know.

"E Pluribus Unum" does not mean "Every man for himself".

Pop Quiz: What do all the Framers of the Constitution have in common?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:26pm

I was looking more for a response PP post that you already pay for abortions as an taxpayer of Ohio and your justification for paying for executions. If killing is killing, why is some killing better than others?

Well, there is a big difference between killing a innocent baby and a convicted killer.

I don't think abortion should be legal as the baby did nothing to deserve to die.

Ok, Mr. Touchedbychrist, whatever happened to "he who is without sin cast the first stone."?  Also, if our government can't be trusted to run health care  properly, how can they be trusted to determine someone's guilt?

strawman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:28pm

... if our government can't be trusted to run health care  properly, how can they be trusted to determine someone's guilt?

I see what you did there...

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:29pm
Also according to your politico article "The nationwide telephone survey of 4,013 adults was conducted Aug. 11-27 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points."

That is an awfully small sample size for a population of 300 million people.

Also the poll found that 47 percent thought abortions should remain legal while only 42 percent said it should not remain legal.

While 51 percent of those polled said they were pro-life, some of them must have still thought abortions should remain legal despite their beliefs.

Therefore those that think abortions should remain legal are still in the majority and those that think abortions should be illegal are in the minority.

Edited by Hades - 05 November 2009 at 2:34pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:30pm

strawman

Strawman?

I am not sure you know what that term means in this context.  There may be many flaws to his argument, but being a strawman is not one of them.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:30pm
Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man. Genisis 9:6

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. John 8:7

Eville, even the bible could'nt decide which way they wanted to go on the whole, we humans getting to punish criminals thing.

(and yes FE, before you say anything, adultery was illegal, so yes, she was a criminal.)

Forum Vice President
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:31pm

strawman

How is this a strawman?  You are a "Christian".  "Christians" are supposed to be "followers" "of" Christ.  Christ was against "killing", even "executions." Yet, "you" support "executions".
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:32pm

strawman

How is this a strawman?  You are a "Christian".  "Christians" are supposed to be "followers" "of" Christ.  Christ was against "killing", even "executions." Yet, "you" support "executions".
A straw man is a fallacy in which an irrelevant topic is presented in order to divert attention from the original issue. The basic idea is to "win" an argument by leading attention away from the argument and to another topic.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:34pm
Yeah, that isn't what a straw man is.   also, you ignored my other part of that post that was on topic.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Hahahaha, here to help. You mean here to press your opinions on others because you're not okay with abortions. Why should other peoples lives be significantly worse because you say so. It's their choice, not yours. Just like even if it were legal, it's STILL your choice to not do it.

Withholding abortions from others is foolish, and childish. You already (should) know that the legality of something wont change whether it happens or not. It just changes how safe it is.

And Abortion?...

After I spent a decade involved with the foster system in America, we can barely get even half the people we need to take kids for a couple of weeks, let alone adopt them all.
Just gunna go ahead and re-state this because it got ignored and is very relavent.

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:37pm

Yeah, we are back to changing the definitions of words again.

Boy this is fun.

Any more straw man arguments you guys want to throw out there?

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 05 November 2009 at 2:38pm
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:38pm
I can't express the magnitude of fail present in this thread.  Well, actually, I can:

|Fail|

But that just doesn't seem to do it justice.
BU Engineering 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic