Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Major election wins for conservatives...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Major election wins for conservatives...
    Posted: 04 November 2009 at 8:19am

So the republican party is still "finding" itself, while the large majority of Americans call themselves conservative, the "big tent" philosophy of the republican party has again cost them at election day.

Since when do they nominate and spend $900,000 to try and get a liberal elected?

She was pro choice, pro obamacare, pro stimulus, pro card check, and anti "republican", and yet she was the nominee for the GOP.

Well, as long at the GOP continues down this road, they will lose support. I for one would never send them a dime, when they will just use it to try and defeat a candidate that is actually a Reagan conservative...

Amazing. The saddest part is, when the media tells the republican leadership that they need to be more "big tent" and more moderate, the big dummies actually listen to them.

Hey GOP, the liberal media wants you to fail... Get it?... They want you to piss off your conservative base, and push them out of the "tent".

Look at their analogy... "BIG TENT". Nice foundation, a good swift wind, and the whole thing goes down.

See, you have to standards, or absolutes to be a party, not this "whatever works for the good of all" garbage.

There are people that don't want to work, they would rather you do everything for them. They are lazy and giving them money just makes them lazier. Then there are hard working people who are tired of paying HUGE amounts of the money they earn that the politicians just give to the lazy group, to waste.

Wake up GOP.

Hoffman would have won if you had put the real republican on your ticket. Look at the numbers...

And yet, you make choices that will keep you in the wilderness for another 40 years. (biblical reference).

Who runs this party and why are they so stupid?

Ever heard of contract with America? Yeah, that one. Well, it worked as there were significant conservative principles that all the candidates agreed with, and the voters got behind them. And now look at you, nominating a liberal, and spending $900,000 to try and defeat a conservative... pathetic. If you want to be liberal, do like your candidate did and join the democrats. All you do is infuriate your true base, you know the FOUNDATION of the party...

You got your rear ends handed to you because you act like the liberal democrats. Sending huge pork projects home to your voters, and being corrupt, supporting the "stimulus", and "bail outs" just like the democrats? What is the difference?

"Dierdre Scozzafava, a moderate Republican, withdrew from the race Saturday under pressure from the party's right wing because of her support of abortion rights and same-sex marriage. She had still picked up 5 percent of the vote.

Hoffman started at a distant third and was viewed as a spoiler at best, cutting away at Scozzafava and opening the door for Owens. But prominent Republicans such as former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin and Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty endorsed Hoffman instead of the party-picked Scozzafava.

An Owens victory could signal renewed strength among Democrats, or at least reassure them of Republicans' perceived weakness. The seat has been strongly Republican for decades and is one of only three in the state's 29-seat delegation held by the party. Republican John McHugh vacated the seat in September to become Army secretary.

"They're in a civil war over the definition of their party," said Paul Blank, a Democratic consultant. "And the extremists have won."

No matter the outcome, Republicans will be sorting out their identity as the party tries to strike a balance between growing its ranks and preserving the values that set it apart from the Democratic Party.

"I think that the Republican Party is broad enough to handle many different candidates, but the fact is that I'm a commonsense conservative Republican—I am not a radical," Hoffman said Monday. "The point is that Assemblywoman Scozzafava was not a moderate Republican. She was an ultraliberal Republican." "

Yes, ignoring the "extremists" as the liberals love to call people of conviction, will be a death blow to the republican party if they don't wake up.

I for one will never again vote for a "mccain" type candidate. The reason the country and most Americans turned against Bush at the end was his willingness to try and partner with the liberals, and spend our tax money to give "special" rights instead of equal rights.

Why is it that the liberal democrats never go across the isle, and yet the republicans think they have to get their approval all the time, while selling their values down the river.

Just look at obamacare, it will increase the cost (guess Obama won't vote for it, huh?...) It does cover abortion, and it still has death panels in it...

But, do the republicans stand up with conviction and character to refute it? Nope, the GOP nominates a liberal to the one seat that is opened up.

Guess how she would have voted on Obamacare?...

And they lost.

I for one am glad. I'd rather lose than have sell my principles down the river for a "liberal moderate" republican.
They tremble at my name...
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 8:34am
tl;dr
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 9:08am
After the party of the Office of the Presidency switches, the next few election cycles almost always go in favor of the party that the president isn't.

The odd part is that political scientists who specialize in electoral politics really don't know why this seems to consistently happen.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 9:11am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

The reason the country and most Americans turned against Bush at the end was his willingness to try and partner with the liberals,

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 9:21am
There is an investigation brewing against the 23rds DNC and RNC on the Dierdre Scozzafava fiasco. There are claims that this was a done 'deal' made to elect the Democrat long before Hoffman jumped in the race. The 23rd District ceases to exsist after the 2010 census so the surrounding Democrat districts will absorb the 23rd anyway. Dierdre Scozzafava's campaign is being ionvestigated on the 2million given it from the RNC for an election she knew deep down was a no win. The local RNC people are running for cover on the Hoffman loss, and the 'deal' will probably come to light here soon. Watertown and Ft. Drum areas are fuming over this, and feel they were betrayed by the RINO Dierdre Scozzafava, and the 'fix' was already in before Hoffman appeared. Scozzafava,a registered Republican showed her true colors hours after she folded her campaign by backing the Democrat, again enraging the traditional Republicans of the 23rd, for her total role in the election was seen to be as the spoiler to ensure the Democrat win. TO far left to get the Republican vote, basically you were voting for Democrat A, or Democrat B, and Hoffman was the victim of political gamesmanship.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 9:51am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

After the party of the Office of the Presidency switches, the next few election cycles almost always go in favor of the party that the president isn't. The odd part is that political scientists who specialize in electoral politics really don't know why this seems to consistently happen.

My feeling on this has always been that people who "win" an election (in this instance, Dems) tend to feel less inclined to take time out of their day to vote in local/state elections while the losers of the national elections turn out in droves to make their voices "heard" even if it is on a different level than the presidential election.

Most of the wire services were saying that exit polling here in VA showed that far fewer minority and lower-income voters turned out for the state elections than for the national elections while the white/middle-to-high income turn out was almost the same.

As for the argument FE seemed to be making for non-moderate candidates being necessary to the survival of the "Republican" Party, I say yet again that the Party of Reagan is dead and gone. The current incarnation of the Republican party that kowtows to the religious right and continues to argue witch-hunt politics like Roe v Wade and prayer in school every election rather than tackling the big issues of globalization of the economy and America's future in that marketplace is nothing like the Reagan era or even the post-classic era of Bush Sr.

Look at the race for Governor in VA. The candidates chosen in the primaries were polarized. The reason? A lot of us (including myself) chose to vote in the Democratic primary in a move to make sure the worst possible candidate got chosen to run against the un-contested Bob McDonald. The result? Creigh Deeds, a miserable no-talent apparatchik with poor communications skills and polarizing opinions that only the most liberal of liberals would agree with was the Democratic candidate. From there, it was a no-brainer. You could either vote for some doofus or you could vote for someone who had their act together. Had anyone been put forth on the Democratic ticket that was worth a damn, McDonald would have been in hot water trying to cover his butt on the whole "Thesis" issue. Instead, he had the time and talking room to put the whole thing behind him, effectively turning it into a non-issue.

McDonald even took Democratic endorsements from prominent Virginia delegates to the General Assembly. The reason? He's fairly moderate when all is said and done. While he sticks on those few "witch hunt" issues, they weren't made big issues in this race (like they always are in national elections) he is very middle of the road in everything else, he has to be to have been able to work as the Attorney General under two terms of Democratic rule in Richmond.

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 10:16am
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

tl;dr
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 12:44pm
FE;dr
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 12:49pm

Since when do they nominate and spend $900,000 to try and get a liberal elected?

She was pro choice, pro obamacare, pro stimulus, pro card check, and anti "republican", and yet she was the nominee for the GOP.

So she just wasn't your idea of a Republican?
Que pasa?

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 1:21pm
Like I said...the investigation into Dierdre Scozzafava has started. Political shenanigans and a 'deal' seems to be the reasoning and rationale for her nomination. The 23rd District disappears after 2010 census, absorbed by Dem couny's surrounding it. So the RINO pick was some sort of deal. She drops from campaign and immediatly supports the Democrat candidate, showing her true colors. Watertown and Ft Drum area are convinced of political shenanigans and the investigation is originating from there.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

FE;dr
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

FE;dr
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 3:49pm
you guys are so cool.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by oreomann33 oreomann33 wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

FE;dr

I LOL'ed.
BU Engineering 2012
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 5:28pm

The reason the country and most Americans turned against Bush at the end was his willingness to try and partner with the liberals,

Whale, you win this thread. Best use of XKCD I've ever seen.

But yeah, I'm not sure where this idea is coming from that Americans recoiled against Bush because he was going too liberal. Sounds like pure speculation to me, and the opposite of what I would perceive to be true. If anything, Bush was perceived as being far too unilateral and destroying America's reputation abroad, squandering the good will America received after 9/11 from the world community.

Bush did many wrong things. Working with liberals was not one of them.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Whale, you win this thread. Best use of XKCD I've ever seen.
But yeah, I'm not sure where this idea is coming from that Americans recoiled against Bush because he was going too liberal. Sounds like pure speculation to me, and the opposite of what I would perceive to be true. If anything, Bush was perceived as being far too unilateral and destroying America's reputation abroad, squandering the good will America received after 9/11 from the world community.
Bush did many wrong things. Working with liberals was not one of them.

Agreed. I think a BIG problem currently is the over all obliviousness to the perception of America worldwide. People didn't hate on bush because he was too liberal, as Brihard said, if anything it was the opposite. Just like now the right is railing on Obama for every little detail, while the rest of the world (practically) thinks he's still a good step in the right direction. The perspective is very skewed, which isn't good.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 5:48pm

FE;dr
Win.
/thread

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 6:23pm
   I'm the only registered Republican in my ward. I think the thinking that Republicans are Bible Pushing Borderline Bigots of the Republican Party is what's killing the Party. Throw in people that think speak out stating that Mix religion with Politics just makes matters much worse. This "base" they keep talking about like it's a huge centralist group. is nothing more than fluff... if that was the case we wouldn't have a Democratic Controlled House and Senate and defiantly not a president.

I think of those republicans as the old folks who yell at kids whose ball lands on his lawn. Just as those Berkley liberals do the same for the Democratic Party. It's getting to the point where we will need a new Political Party so we can get things done.
Peter Parker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 7:15pm

I'm not sure where this idea is coming from that Americans recoiled against Bush because he was going too liberal.

Perhaps from NRO, which conveniently has an opinion piece today on this exact topic:  http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZWI2NDcyNWVkMjJiYjcyNTVjNDFmNzQ1ZTczMDQxZDU=

"E Pluribus Unum" does not mean "Every man for himself".

Pop Quiz: What do all the Framers of the Constitution have in common?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Peter Parker Peter Parker wrote:

I'm not sure where this idea is coming from that Americans recoiled against Bush because he was going too liberal.

Perhaps from NRO, which conveniently has an opinion piece today on this exact topic:  http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZWI2NDcyNWVkMjJiYjcyNTVjNDFmNzQ1ZTczMDQxZDU=

The NRO? I'm a registered Republican and even I think that the NRO is a bit light in the commonsense/intelligence dept.

As I've said many many many times before:

Screw the right wing nutjobs and uber-religious zealots. Who the heck are they going to vote for anyway, if not the Republican candidate? It's not like they'd vote for the Democratic candidate, they simply wouldn't vote. And if you can't get your party in office without scraping up all the nutjobs and zealots, then you're doing it wrong. There are so many centrists out there that can be swung given the right candidates that you shouldn't have to resort to the old Tammany Hall tactic of grabbing bums off the street to stuff the ballot boxes.

The party of Lincoln and Reagan is dead. And anyone who disagrees needs to take a good hard look in the mirror. What the US needs now more than ever is a third party that is willing to put common sense ahead of zealotry and toeing the party line.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic