Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Major election wins for conservatives...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Peter Parker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

As the economy continues to spiral the bowl faster and faster with the help of current Dem policies, will the masses forget the promises made and immediately broken. The Stimulus just spead up the process, instead of reversing it. Now burden the economy with another giant spending give away (health care) and the flush will be complete.

I predict that two years from now, we will NOT be on a downward spiral and no "flush" will have occurred.

Is that a good test of our respective hypotheses?

Heck, I predict that two years from now we will be more or less back to normal.

"E Pluribus Unum" does not mean "Every man for himself".

Pop Quiz: What do all the Framers of the Constitution have in common?
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 6:06pm

Yes how long did it take the nation to forget Hoover and that economic downturn. As the economy continues to spiral the bowl faster and faster with the help of current Dem policies, will the masses forget the promises made and immediately broken. The Stimulus just spead up the process, instead of reversing it. Now burden the economy with another giant spending give away (health care) and the flush will be complete. BTW what happened to Pelosi's promise of a on web review of the bill for 72hours prior to the vote? What does she fear?

I'm sorry, are you actually looking at any of the numbers currently being recorded in relation to our economy?

I could care less what Pelosi does or says about the health care bill -- there's a clear consensus on both sides of what's going to happen with it, and people have both had more than enough time to talk about it and to write their senators demanding answers.
BU Engineering 2012
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Peter Parker Peter Parker wrote:

Define "normal".
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Peter Parker Peter Parker wrote:

As the economy continues to spiral the bowl faster and faster with the help of current Dem policies, will the masses forget the promises made and immediately broken. The Stimulus just spead up the process, instead of reversing it. Now burden the economy with another giant spending give away (health care) and the flush will be complete.

I predict that two years from now, we will NOT be on a downward spiral and no "flush" will have occurred.

Is that a good test of our respective hypotheses?

I've been saying all along that we ARE at normalcy when you look at the logarithmic charts depicting the actions of the markets and economic outlook from the early 1900's through today. The only people who think that we're seriously bad off right now are the same ones who think that 'Merica can do no wrong and that tariffs on foreign goods are a good idea. It isn't the gov't that got us here people, it's you, me, and everyone else. The gov't didn't help, but it wasn't any one particular president's fault. Rather the actions of both Reagan and Clinton that allowed common people to put our economic livelihood at risk.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 2:07am
/\ That combined with the Fed Reserve's unwillingness to raise interest rates to make credit less available.

....Just one of many factors, but still. Interest rates were ridiculously low after '01 and for too long.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 2:51am
I love watching you guys bash your heads against each other.

The economy works in cycles, in much the same way as seasons, women, and tides.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic