Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What upgrades should I buy with a tippmann a5???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What upgrades should I buy with a tippmann a5???
    Posted: 14 November 2009 at 11:15am
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
mdee4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 6:32pm
I checked the stickies!

But what is a specific expansion chamber I should get for my a5??
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by mdee4 mdee4 wrote:

Ok. Thanks. And sorry. Wait, the a5 comes with the cyclone feed system??
Should I get response trigger or egrip?
Does double trigger work with both rt and egrip?
Thanks!

Originally posted by OPBN OPBN wrote:

9. Seriously, read the stickies in the New Players forum as well as the Upgrades and Customizing forum. Every question you have asked has been answered repeatedly.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 12 November 2009 at 6:07pm
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
mdee4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

To clarify a few things:

1. Only Tippmann makes the Flatline barrel.

2. The A5 already comes with the Cyclone.

3. Expansion chambers do help if you run CO2. Not necessary for HPA

4. HPA will help reduce freeze up with higher rates of fire (ROF) and provide more consistency

5. You can only have either an E-Grip OR a Response Trigger, not both.

6. Electronic hoppers are not necessarily capable of being "heard a mile away". Moot point, since standard electronic hoppers cannot be used on the A5 anyways without some sort of adapter.

7. Flatline barrels will increase range, but at the expense of accuracy. Anyone that says they can consistently hit a person with one shot/one kill accuracy from 100 yards with a Flatline is full of crap.

8. New players that have no clue what they are talking about really should refrain from giving advise to even newer players.

9. Seriously, read the stickies in the New Players forum as well as the Upgrades and Customizing forum. Every question you have asked has been answered repeatedly.

Ok. Thanks. And sorry. Wait, the a5 comes with the cyclone feed system??
Should I get response trigger or egrip?
Does double trigger work with both rt and egrip?

Thanks!
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:37am
To clarify a few things:

1. Only Tippmann makes the Flatline barrel.
2. The A5 already comes with the Cyclone.
3. Expansion chambers do help if you run CO2. Not necessary for HPA
4. HPA will help reduce freeze up with higher rates of fire (ROF) and provide more consistency
5. You can only have either an E-Grip OR a Response Trigger, not both.
6. Electronic hoppers are not necessarily capable of being "heard a mile away". Moot point, since standard electronic hoppers cannot be used on the A5 anyways without some sort of adapter.
7. Flatline barrels will increase range, but at the expense of accuracy. Anyone that says they can consistently hit a person with one shot/one kill accuracy from 100 yards with a Flatline is full of crap.
8. New players that have no clue what they are talking about really should refrain from giving advise to even newer players.
mdee4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by TMan 24 TMan 24 wrote:

The CFS weighs nothing. A response trigger with make your gun Semi / AUTO / Full Auto all in the pull of a trigger, so when you need Full Auto when they have you pind down you will have them ducking all over the place. The CFS just works better with the Trigger. It lowers the risk of you chopping a ball at the hammer. The CFS makes sure you have a steady feed of ball from the hopper going in the gun all the time, but the cool thing about the CFS is it only runs when you pull the trigger unlike the electronic hopper witch you hear a mile away and have to shut off with the button.I would go with the Flat line Barrel only because my friend has one and his gun can shoot about 100 yard away accuratly, but your gun is what you want.You have a A-5 with Response trigger, and a CFS system on it and a Flat line Barrel, YAH people will be bucking for sure when you let go , now if you want to go pro or something like that you will need to upgrade to a different gun, as far as i can see thought the ball you play your going to kicking ass man with the combo of stuff on a gun.  Naaman

Can I use a hopper that runs on co2 with response trigger and it work just fine? like will it feed balls fast enough? What about Stock hopper?

If I get a flatline barrel, cfs (maybe?), and response trigger... then should I also get a...
Expansion chamber?
Double trigger?
Red dot scope?(I only want this to help make my a5 look like a sniper)
Use Co2 OR nitrogen???
E-grip?
TMan 24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMan 24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 10:35pm
The CFS weighs nothing. A response trigger with make your gun Semi / AUTO / Full Auto all in the pull of a trigger, so when you need Full Auto when they have you pind down you will have them ducking all over the place.
The CFS just works better with the Trigger. It lowers the risk of you chopping a ball at the hammer. The CFS makes sure you have a steady feed of ball from the hopper going in the gun all the time, but the cool thing about the CFS is it only runs when you pull the trigger unlike the electronic hopper witch you hear a mile away and have to shut off with the button.

I would go with the Flat line Barrel only because my friend has one and his gun can shoot about 100 yard away accuratly, but your gun is what you want.
You have a A-5 with Response trigger, and a CFS system on it and a Flat line Barrel, YAH people will be bucking for sure when you let go , now if you want to go pro or something like that you will need to upgrade to a different gun, as far as i can see thought the ball you play your going to kicking ass man with the combo of stuff on a gun. 

Naaman
NJCB
mdee4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 7:41pm
I am also looking into getting the cyclone feed system. I'm getting the tippmann a5 with response trigger and a 13.5" barrel. How cheap can I get it for? Is it worth getting it??

Can I still use the response trigger and shoot about 15 bps and it still work fine? Does CFS just allow the balls to shoot at 17 bps? Is the CFS heavy?
mdee4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 6:46pm
Are there different brands of flatline barrels I could get? Which is the one you think I should get?
mdee4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by TMan 24 TMan 24 wrote:

As far as i read there, that will be a nice A-5. The only thing i can say it get a 10 position red dot green dot scope that is a nice way to dial in your shot. As for prices it is going to very in every different place you live right. I could get all that from my guys for about $500 make that gun look like M16. Whee are you from? Maybe i can help you get some good deals?

TMan24

I live in Maryland, USA........
Terroreyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terroreyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 7:40pm

I play 90% woodsball and am really starting to lke my Flatline. That extra distance sure does come in handy! Does take a bit to get used to it though. Awesome for punching through brush and tight spaces at long distances. As noted in the tips section, you do have to concentrate on keeping the gun square for straight shots. I've learned to tilt the gun to give it an "Apex" effect when needed. Not as dramatic as an Apex, but the Flatline does have that tight fast curve to the flight that has come in handy shooting around obstructions. Put it to good use yesterday! :) 

Edited by Terroreyes - 09 November 2009 at 7:41pm
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 7:37pm
An Apex barrel skids the ball off of a rubber ramp to induce a backspin.
The Flatline barrel uses a curved barrel to impart backspin.
The only real difference is you can adjust the amount of backspin with the Apex.
I prefer the Flatline 

TMan 24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMan 24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 7:36pm
As far as i read there, that will be a nice A-5. The only thing i can say it get a 10 position red dot green dot scope that is a nice way to dial in your shot. As for prices it is going to very in every different place you live right. I could get all that from my guys for about $500 make that gun look like M16. Whee are you from? Maybe i can help you get some good deals?

TMan24
NJCB
mdee4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 7:14pm
Anyone have any ideas?
Also, what exactly is the difference between an apex barrel and a flatline barrel?
mdee4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 10:00am
Thanks SSOX. 

It'd probably be woodsball. 

Knowing this, should I get a flatline, apex, or just a 16" sniper barrel? Why?
prolitesniper1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prolitesniper1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 7:42pm
... see somethings never change on here, first off are we to assume you are playing woods? or speedball? based on that you can get a better answer for what gear you need
im back
p shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 9:49pm
mdee 4 there is alot of information out here on the net just read and learn then ask specific questons..... most of the questions you may ask have already been asked and answered, and if you have further questions then ask.
You have just begun your journey into the world of paintball, have lots of fun and always rember its the player and not the gear...... but great gear is so really cool.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 8:59pm
An apex barrel, in its simplest of terms, makes your rounds shoot farther. They will fly out to around 300 feet, but rather inneffective after 200 feet or so, because they either dont break or people will just dodge them.

I like apex barrels more than flatlines.

For simplicity, I would reccomend a JJ ceramic or Lapco Bigshot. I believe Lapco makes barrels that you can use apex tips on if you wish later. Not sure though. Check their website.
mdee4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 6:57pm
What is an apex barrel? 
Is flatline or apex barrel better?
Robby_of_PBH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robby_of_PBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 1:16pm
As far as the "shooting far" goes, unless you have a barrel that ads backspin all barrels will be near the same.

So if you do want it to go far, check out the flatline or apex barrel.  Although they go far, there accuracy probably isn't as good as a NON-backspin barrel.  So it's your decision.  IMO, if your playing woodsball or somewhere not on a speedball type course, I'd go with the flatline/apex.  Personally I think the extra distance is awesome, but that's just me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic