FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Off to Nebraska

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Off to Nebraska
    Posted: 25 October 2009 at 9:34pm
Daughter was here to help, house is winterized, electric thermostats installed and set, windows sealed and plastic, daughter took the food from fridge and pantry home, grandkids stayed out of the way playing guitar hero and rockband, mid seats out of the van, dog blankets in, cot in and setup, sat radio installed, tower computer torn down and packed up, X-box packed up, clothes packed, and ready.

VA appointmernt 1415 tomorrow (should know on Parkinson's diagnosis) and will be headed west 0600 tuesday.

I have the game voice over files done, remixing, still a little tinney according to daughter and momma, getting new mic and trying one more time after I get home tomorrow. E-mail to UK with files will be sent out tomorrow PM, and will see what they say.

Going to miss the quiet, the woodstove warming my legs at night, and all the nickle and dime jobs I have been doing fixing up the house.

BTW took the Harley to fill tank, Daughter wanted to ride, never been on a motorcycle of any sort, she was too scared as kid. She enjoyed our little ride and wants to go out on it again in spring when I get back. Hopefully she does not go "biker".

So off to sleep, tomorrow get the word from VA and pack up van, tuesday wheels up. Just hope VA does not spoil plans with a lot of appointments.

Edited by oldsoldier - 25 October 2009 at 9:35pm
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 10:26pm
Man, I want to travel...

/jealous
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 12:38am
Good luck tomorrow, man. Hopefully the doctor will have some good news for you.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 11:57am
The 'Huskers are not doing too bad this year. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Dunbar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Going to miss the quiet, the woodstove warming my legs at night, and all the nickle and dime jobs I have been doing fixing up the house.
Sounds like what we've been doing with our hunting shack for the past couple years.
If it's not my problem I'm making it my problem
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 5:14pm
Glad to see you're doing well, OS.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 8:27pm
Mr. Murphy stomped on my trip. VA appt today, INR was 7.1 normal is between 2-3. Can not drive, blood clot issues, if it was 7.5+ would be in hospital now.

Nerologists confirmed I have Digenitive Nerve Disease (close to Parkinsons)and will need a neurostimulator surgically implanted in my back. It is an electrical device where I can adjust electrostimuli of the nerves to reduce pain in my legs. Initially the control box will be external to see if my body accepts the implant. 2 week hospitalization, 6 week total bedrest, see if it takes, if so surgury 2 to implant the total device and anoter 3-5 weeks bedrest. I go Nov 24th fo presurgical evauluation, and then will be scheduled for the surgury. Momma is coming out the 22nd to go to VA with me then driving me back to Nebraska for holidays, I have to be back early January for resumption of treatment, so she will drive me back and fly back to Nebraska. Once I am to go in for surgury Momma is taking FMLA time and will be here.
Procedure will be done at the Albany Medical Center, supposeidly the best on the east coast.

I really did want to go home for awhile.

Edited by oldsoldier - 26 October 2009 at 8:31pm
Dunbar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 2:02pm
Curse you Mr. Murphy!!!
If it's not my problem I'm making it my problem
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic